Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When Prophets and Professors collide. A survey

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Fig-bearing Thistle View Post
    What is your reaction when the word of professors (mainstream intelligencia and scholarship) collide with the words of a prophet that YOU believe in?

So far it has never even come close to happening.

Now Im sure there are some nuts loose in schools of higher learing that say all kinds of ****trat..

But for the most part when I listen the the guys at NASA and or other schools I only hearing things that give my faith support and comfort....

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Fig-bearing Thistle View Post
    What is your reaction when the word of professors (mainstream intelligencia and scholarship) collide with the words of a prophet that YOU believe in?

1. Do you trust your prophet, and believe that he is more correct than your professor (mainstream intelligentsia)?

2. Do you trust your professor (mainstream intelligentsia), and believe that he is more correct than your prophet?

3. Do you begin to doubt your prophet until you can find a professor somewhere to validate what the prophet said?

4. Do you begin to doubt your professor at least until you can reconcile his opposing but reasonable idealogy in your own mind.

5. Deny that this has ever happened or could ever happen with your prophets.

6. Or is there some combination of these or an entirely different approach you use?

Please answer this from the standpoint of 'your prophet' being one that YOU believe in.

Thanks.
    well....we are told to not just believe the people that stand up and say, "God told me so"
    We are to put what the Prophet says to a test.

remember a Prophet has to be correct all the time....and if we find a moment when the Prophet is in error we are to not believe that False prophet.
    Test what the guy says against the Scriptures, and believe only the things that are actually true and reject the teachers that are false