Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are you ***ured of salvation?

sayso

Quote Originally Posted by GateKeeper View Post
    I'm quite confident that what Jesus accomplished on the cross extends beyond our mental concepts of Him. He resides in the heart of man. We know him the very same way we know G-d. Christ's words were not His own, but the fathers who dwelt in Him. G-d is Love (1 John 4) We know G-d, and His son by knowing Him as such, and loving as we have been commanded Christ was/is G-ds love personified
    Hi Gatekeeper,

I don't believe that knowing God and the One He sent is a mental concept but an intimate(close) relationship. A mental concept to me would be knowing about either or both. I know about President Obama but I do not know him. I know my friends and family as well as knowing about them. I am close to them and converse with them on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by GateKeeper

Seems to me that heaven will p*** away also. The new heaven and new earth describes a restored Eden/paradise/earth. Why would you feel it a waste of time to help others realize the 'kingdom within themselves when this is what we are called to do?
    True, that's what the scriptures that I posted said, the heavens and the earth. Nobody said anything about the kingdom within (spiritual kingdom) but as for this world it is a physical place which it isn't our *** to make into a paradise. By the way nobody except those who have been born again have the kingdom within. So I would rather help others get the "kingdom of God" within them.

Seek ye first the kingdom of G-d.
    No argument here except that you won't find the kingdom of God in or through anyone or anything but Jesus.

Here's the rest of the story.

Matthew 6

31 Therefore do not worry and be anxious, saying, What are we going to have to eat? or, What are we going to have to drink? or, What are we going to have to wear?

32 For the Gentiles (heathen) wish for and crave and diligently seek all these things, and your heavenly Father knows well that you need them all.

33 But seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness (His way of doing and being right), and then all these things taken together will be given you besides.

34 So do not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own. Sufficient for each day is its own trouble.

You see when you read the rest of the verses you see here that Jesus was speaking of seeking His Kingdom and His righteousness before you seek material things and food and clothing. It certainly doesn't imply that one should seek His kingdom before seeking Him.

What is His Kingdom? Knowing Jesus the King and being His loyal servant?

What is a disciple? What is the good news/gospel. My belief is that a disciple is one who has been disciplined to live according to G-ds will. I also believe that we are to teach and help others realize the kingdom of G-d within themselves, which is the good news of the Gospel. (True Salvation)
    Disciple = mathētēs in greek.

It means 1) a learner, pupil, disciple.

My belief from this definition is that being a disciple has more to do with learning from God and being a student/pupil of God/Jesus than it has to do with someone who disciplines himself. Although I agree that a person who listens and learns from God will live according to God's will.

Again, I don't believe the kingdom is within unless you've been born again so it's not so much teaching others that they already have God inside them but that they must be born again to see the kingdom of God.

John 3

1 Now there was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews;

2 this man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him."

3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."

4 Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?"

5 Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 "Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'

Now I am aware that Jesus did say "the kingdom of God, is in your midst".

Luke 17

20 Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed; 21 nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."

But again we need to look at the context in which it is written. Jesus was being questioned by the Pharisees as always. They wanted to know when the Kingdom of God was coming. They were looking for a literal kingdom in which they would have a man to rule over them. What they got when Jesus showed up was the spiritual kingdom which is within the souls of those who received Him and are born of the Spirit.

I don't believe it's an indication that the Kingdom of God is in every person and they just needed to discover it. I believe that Jesus was simply telling them that it(the kingdom of God) wouldn't be something you could see or touch (tangible) but something that will be within you.

I would hope for no less for any whom live to serve our Lord....

GK
    AMEN! No need to hope for it. It is a fact for those who love and serve God and have been called according to His purpose.

alanmolstad

YES!....Im ***ured of my salvation!

glm1978

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    YES!....Im ***ured of my salvation!
    So you are born again?

alanmolstad

one of the marks that you are in a CULT is that they got to keep you guessing if you are saved or not?

Thats the hook the CULTs put into you and keeps you close and only looking to the CULT for your salvation....even if you dont think you are at the time.

Lets take a look at how this is true for members of the JW cult.
    The average JW at your door has no lasting feeling that they are eternally saved.
    What they feel is that if they work hard for the Watchtower that this will count toward their salvation.
    But this also means that if they don't work then they have lost their one chance for salvation.

This is the hook the Watchtower Org has over it's members.
    First it teaches that you cant ever be 100% sure you are always saved.
    Then next they tell you that you can only learn the truth from the Watchtower org.

Thus the JW at your door is there because they simply have no real ***urance of their own salvation and so they are attempting to earn salvation "points" as it were, by doing door-to-door witnessing to spread the hold of the Watchtower to more people.

This same way of getting hooks into people under their control is common to all the CULTS....

But its not the way we are to believe, nor act...

I am a Christian.
    Im saved by Grace though faith.
    Im not kept saved by works.

alanmolstad

Christians do not earn their salvation via works, nor do we maintain our salvation via works.

If it was all up to me to keep myself saved I might as well give up right now....

alanmolstad

I say again...

one of the marks that you are in a CULT is that they got to keep you guessing if you are saved or not?

Thats the hook the CULTs put into you and keeps you close and only looking to the CULT for your salvation....even if you dont think you are at the time.

Lets take a look at how this is true for members of the JW cult.
    The average JW at your door has no lasting feeling that they are eternally saved.
    What they feel is that if they work hard for the Watchtower that this will count toward their salvation.
    But this also means that if they don't work then they have lost their one chance for salvation.

This is the hook the Watchtower Org has over it's members.
    First it teaches that you cant ever be 100% sure you are always saved.
    Then next they tell you that you can only learn the truth from the Watchtower org.

Thus the JW at your door is there because they simply have no real ***urance of their own salvation and so they are attempting to earn salvation "points" as it were, by doing door-to-door witnessing to spread the hold of the Watchtower to more people.

This same way of getting hooks into people under their control is common to all the CULTS....

But its not the way we are to believe, nor act...

I am a Christian.
    Im saved by Grace though faith.
    Im not kept saved by works.

Many CULTS use Hebrews 6 to teach that a person can lose their salvation...
    Here is what Walter martin says about this topic