Thread: What is YOUR Purpose here?

Vlad III

Default What is YOUR Purpose here?

For BrianH, his stated purpose is:

My purpose here is to draw the LDS out into the open where they will invariably demonstrate the utter vacuity at the heart of their religion. I fully expected EXACTLY the kind of hand-waving attempts to derail and distract that we see manifested now in this thread. Such behaviors only prove the intellectual and spiritual bankruptcy of Mormonism. And such behaviors is exactly what I was expecting to see.

I have never had any intention of evangelizing Mormons here. My purpose is to draw the utter poverty of the Mormon claim out into the open for all to see, not to get Mormons to see their poverty. That cannot be done in this forum. Only God can do that. My purpose was far simpler and is now largely fulfilled.
    This, to me, just sounds so an***hetical to the whole point of a Christian witnessing the gospel of Jesus Christ. I can imagine Jesus saying, "I'm not here to share my message with you. I'm not even here for YOU to see it. I'm here to try and show other people why I think YOU people are a bankrupt group."

I can imagine the following Jesus would have if that were the Christ-like way of sharing a spiritual message.

So what is the purpose of other non-LDS here?

GraftedIn73

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad III View Post
    For BrianH, his stated purpose is:

This, to me, just sounds so an***hetical to the whole point of a Christian witnessing the gospel of Jesus Christ. I can imagine Jesus saying, "I'm not here to share my message with you. I'm not even here for YOU to see it. I'm here to try and show other people why I think YOU people are a bankrupt group."

I can imagine the following Jesus would have if that were the Christ-like way of sharing a spiritual message.

So what is the purpose of other non-LDS here?
    Hi Vlad,

My posts here are pretty selective. I purposely refrain from joining in where mudslinging and rhetoric rule, rather than seasoned debate.

My purpose here is to share my viewpoints in the marketplace of ideas. In the process, I will wind up showing that I disagree with many viewpoints, but hopefully will do so in a civil way. I do not believe that I can badger anyone into changing their mind on an issue. I do agree with BrianH (and others as well) that only God can move a person from darkness into light. But, having said that, I do feel led at times to contribute to a thread, hopefully in a way that will get people thinking, not cursing!

GI73

BrianH

This, to me, just sounds so an***hetical to the whole point of a Christian witnessing the gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Is there some reason I should think you are interested in hearing the gospel of Jesus Christ? If so, let me know. So far its pretty clear that every Mormon here has no interest whatsoever in hearing the gospel. You guys prefer to pridefully boast that you have "restored" the gospel (as if it was somehow lost!) with all the nonsensical pagan hog-wash you have ins***uted in your church ...even though you are unable to show us any evidence whatsoever of any distinctively Mormon doctrine in the early Christian church you claim to have restored.

You don't have to imagine it. You can check with reality and see that Christ has the largest following in human history. And HE is the one who said:

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city. - Mark 6:11

You have made it clear that you will not hear the gospel for you have chosen to commit yourself inexorably to Joseph Smith instead. You even teach ANOTHER gospel from the one the apostles taught and God says we are to regard you as CURSED (Gal 1:8-9).

So my purpose here is to use your rejection to exemplify itself and the effects that such a decision has on the human mind and to use that condition as an example to OTHERS.

The Mormons on this board have made their decision to reject the gospel. But not EVERYONE who reads this board is a die-with-the-"prophet" Mormon. In fact, you die-hard LDS are the extreme minority of people who read this board. There is no reaching you guys. Therefore, the best we can do IMO is use YOUR decision as a negative example for the sake of those MANY OTHERS.

I think it was Fig who RIGHTLY stated that God gives grace to those who humble themselves before him.

That's not what Mormons do.

Mormons think that THEY are Gods.

-BH

Last edited by BrianH; 07-07-2009 at 02:55 AM.

Richard

The Mormons on this board have made their decision to reject the gospel. But not EVERYONE who reads this board is a die-with-the-"prophet" Mormon. In fact, you die-hard LDS are the extreme minority of people who read this board. There is no reaching you guys. Therefore, the best we can do IMO is use YOUR decision as a negative example for the sake of those MANY OTHERS.
    Here is what is telling, since I have been posting on Walter Martin for the last year, Jill has banned completely Paul D, and booted Brian temproaily for a week. Now, I have not seen one LDS poster get the boot, and Jill our moderator is not Mormon. So Brian, seems your means of communicating
    to us die hards is also noted by our Admistrator and she does not approve.
    Interesting indeed. Just my thoughts.

Richard.

Vlad III

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Here is what is telling, since I have been posting on Walter Martin for the last year, Jill has banned completely Paul D, and booted Brian temproaily for a week. Now, I have not seen one LDS poster get the boot, and Jill our moderator is not Mormon. So Brian, seems your means of communicating
    to us die hards is also noted by our Admistrator and she does not approve.
    Interesting indeed. Just my thoughts.

Richard.
    Actually, I got a 3-day suspension back in May. I used the word that shall not be repeated one too many times.

No biggie.

BrianH's post is kind of funny. He uses Jesus' teaching of wiping the dust from your shoes, yet he remains here to be an antagonist. I suspect Jesus meant that one should move on after wiping one's shoes and find those who are more receptive to hearing the gospel. Oh well. Brian is just another example of people using Jesus to justify bad behavior.

Since I'm Mormon, this will automatically come across as bias, but if someone were to just drop in and compare posts of the LDS vs. the attackers of LDS, they would probably rightly conclude that the LDS generally show more Christ-like attributes and find the attackers of Mormonism to be more strident in their posts, more critical of the LDS as PEOPLE (not just doctrine), and generally more angry in their posing style. And then when one openly admits he believe the LDS are lost anyway and uses that as an excuse to belittle the LDS people and refuse to share a witness of Jesus, speaks more to the kind of Christianity he believes more then anything could.

alanmolstad

To have fun.

To comment on issues and topics that are of interest to me, if in doing so I am entertained.

To honor the memory of a great man of God by visiting a web-forum dedicated in his name.

But mostly to have fun...

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    To have fun.

To comment on issues and topics that are of interest to me, if in doing so I am entertained.

To honor the memory of a great man of God by visiting a web-forum dedicated in his name.

But mostly to have fun...
    still true to this very day...
    I still love to read posts and if they are interesting to me, give my own point of view.

i love to write...I love to put down my ideas.
    One of the most fun things I get to do here is look deeper inside my views to really find out what I think about things as I do. For many times I might have a "Gut feeling" about a topic but I have never had a chance to sit down and dig into a topic.

Thus its a lot of fun here to really challenge myself to see if I truly understand deeply what I have only had gut feeling about until now???

So yes, "fun" is why Im here...