Thread: Death with dignity

tealblue

Default Death with dignity

Prop 1000 here in washington state is hitting our polls this summer. A few christians I know support this idea of ***isted suicide. We are becoming a people where its aceptable to rid ourselves of our burdons among society. Where does it stop.

Bob Carabbio

A "Professing Christian" that would support suicide (***isted or otherwise) has NO CONCEPT of even what God's about, and is probably not a Christian at all (not that they might not THINK they are in their total ignorance).

I expect "***isted suicide" will be generally accepted in the U.S. in the next couple of decades - since "moral considerations" cannot enter into the process of law making, there's really NOTHING that will stop it as the movement gathers steam. We've told God to GET OUT of our country, and it appears that He may have honored our request in practical terms.

My Grandmother was a "suicide" (although nobody would have called it that) - her husband died after 63 years of marriage, and she (losing the will to live) degenerated from a strong and healthy and active 80 year old - to a corpse in a casket in just over a month. Suicides at all levels has been with us forever, and in a country increasingly devoid of Spiritual values, will undoubtedly become legal - largely for economic reasons - keeping old and sick folks going is EXPENSIVE!!!!

Nursing homes all over Texas (and other places) routinely allow/***ist folks to die "conveniently" to make room for new "customers".

It STOPS at the end of the age when the fullness of man's sin completes, and the Bride of Christ is saved and prepared for the wedding -
    Last edited by Bob Carabbio; 10-11-2008 at 04:54 PM.

tealblue

To me this county is turning into an episode of the twilight zone. One by one we are figuring a way to get rid of our burdens of society. From our unwanted babies to our unwanted seniors. At one time our elderly used to be a blessing and now they are yesterdays trash. A few years back we sent dr jack K to prison. Now what?

Bob Carabbio

Doctor K did EXACTLY what needed to be done to Grab the public's attention. We'd probably STILL arrest him today - but the day is coming when he'll be a hero, and what goes on every day ANYWAY in nursing homes and hospitals will no longer have to be done in secret.

I remember when my mother (A Christian since she was a teen) pleaded with me for some Scripturally acceptably way to escape her agony (Fibrositus). - but there wasn't one. Mercifully, her heart failed about 4 months after that and She left her suffering behind.

When the enemy engineers a thing like Euthanasia, he'll always start with situations like my mother - before he gets to the "killing for convenience" stage.
    Last edited by Bob Carabbio; 11-24-2008 at 12:27 AM.

sayso

Euthanasia is already legal in Oregon and has been for a while. I remember hearing a discussion about abortion on the radio in about 1966 or so. A man said that if they could condone killing unborn babies, then next would be the elderly and handicapped. It's turned out just as he said.

IncitingRiots

Yes, death with dignity is legal here in Oregon, and I for one am thankful for that. Each persons life belongs to them and them only. I firmly believe that someone has the right to take their own life for what ever reason they want. Whether it be because they have a debilitating mental condition or they suffer from deep depression the choice should ultimately be theirs. For obvious reasons doctors will not be allowed to help people commit suicide because their wife left them, but that is ok because the person can do it on their own anyway.

alanmolstad

we live in a world cursed and under attack by dark powers that hate all that we Christians stand for.

It will get more bad too...
    a lot more bad...