Thread: "God does not make mistakes"

MacG

Question "God does not make mistakes"

I hear this quote used as a re****al prolife "argument" in the context of discussion of conception during rape.

Does this argument that God does not make mistakes apply to Spinabifida babies, to conjoined twins joined in such a manner that if sepreated by surgery only one will survive or even anomolies like "Fetus in Fetu" ( http://www.***ociatedcontent.com/art...s_in_fetu.html )?

If you hold to the God does not make mistakes argument, how do the above conditions fit into your philosophy?

MacG

Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by MacG View Post
    I hear this quote used as a re****al prolife "argument" in the context of discussion of conception during rape.

Does this argument that God does not make mistakes apply to Spinabifida babies, to conjoined twins joined in such a manner that if sepreated by surgery only one will survive or even anomolies like "Fetus in Fetu" ( http://www.***ociatedcontent.com/art...s_in_fetu.html )?

If you hold to the God does not make mistakes argument, how do the above conditions fit into your philosophy?
    Abortion is effectively a distortion of the nature for a more materialistic world (generally because of the social pressures and also because of the social tensions). However, if men could get pregnant, what would be the rate of abortion? I would bet that rate could be much more worst than with the women.

Look at all those divorced men who do not want to pay for the child support. Imagine, those men who can not suffer that their wallet could be hurt, how they can expect to endure the contractions

We should not always blame the women about this issue. Men are often "machismo" and I would be very interested to see what could happen with all the pregnant men in North America.

Trinity

sayso

MacG
    Do you believe that God "does" make mistakes and leaves it to mankind to right them?

MacG

Quote Originally Posted by sayso View Post
    Do you believe that God "does" make mistakes and leaves it to mankind to right them?
    I am really trying to figure it out. I used to hold tightly that God does not make mistakes. But that does not lead to meaningful dialog out here near San Francisco. Trading positional soundbytes and pla***udes is too shallow. I at least want to dig into it a bit so I can at least show that I not an empty headed Christian. By engaging those here I am trying to find ways to avoid what have become flag words and shut off all communication.

So what do you think about things like "Fetus in Fetu"?

Blessings,

MacG

sayso

I am really trying to figure it out. I used to hold tightly that God does not make mistakes. But that does not lead to meaningful dialog out here near San Francisco. Trading positional soundbytes and pla***udes is too shallow. I at least want to dig into it a bit so I can at least show that I not an empty headed Christian. By engaging those here I am trying to find ways to avoid what have become flag words and shut off all communication.

So what do you think about things like "Fetus in Fetu"?

Blessings,

MacG
    I have seen programs on the health channel where they have discovered this abnormality in people who have lived for years before it was ever discovered.

Is the question, (1) if God doesn't make mistakes why are there babies born with defects? Or is the question (2) should babies with defects be aborted?

The kind of people who ask questions like why does God allow horrible things to happen would be the same ones who ask the first question. These type of people judge God by their own standards.

God's ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not ours. He doesn't cause all things to happen, but He causes all things to work toward good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

Have you ever heard the song "God is God"?

It goes like this: God is God and I am not, I can only see a part of the picture He's painting. God is God and I am man so I'll never understand it all for only God is God.

It was written by Steven Curtis Chapman. His oldest son by accident backed over their 5 year old daughter and killed her last spring.

I have a friend whose daughter was born with cerebral palsy. When she conceived another baby her husband tried to force her to abort out of fear that they would have another imperfect baby. She wouldn't have the baby aborted and a perfect son was born to them.

At age 11 he was hit and killed by a truck that ran a stop sign. The daughter with cerebral palsy is married has two children and works a full time ***. She is an amazing woman.

People who ask questions like number 2 are those who are like Hitler. They see themselves as God in that they get to choose which life is valuable and which is not.

Who decides what is a mistake and what is not? Who decides what is perfect and what is not? Man looks on the outside but God looks on the heart.

MacG

People who ask questions like number 2 are those who are like Hitler. They see themselves as God in that they get to choose which life is valuable and which is not.
    Around the SF Bay Area broad brushing with Hitler semigloss just let's them paint Christ and His Bride with Eric Rudolph eggshell http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...071801293.html and West Borough Baptist trim http://www.godhates***s.com/.

While those of question 2 may be wrong, they are sincerely moved by the suffering and live by the adage of "They shoot horses don't they?". If we can't stand to see the suffering why can God? Equating their feelings of compasion with the evil of medical experimentations, slavery, murder etc. to "purify" a race for world domination is about the quickest way to shut down any discourse or friendship. What do you suggest as an alternate approach?

Blessings,

MacG

sayso

While those of question 2 may be wrong, they are sincerely moved by the suffering and live by the adage of "They shoot horses don't they?". If we can't stand to see the suffering why can God? Equating their feelings of compasion with the evil of medical experimentations, slavery, murder etc. to "purify" a race for world domination is about the quickest way to shut down any discourse or friendship. What do you suggest as an alternate approach?

Blessings,

MacG
    Honestly Mac I believe that some people blame God for all of the bad they see in the world because it gives them an excuse to live life as they see fit. It is a distraction for them and you from the truth. You waste time trying to achieve something that is impossible for man.

1 Corinthians 2:14
    But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

It is not your responsibility to make the lost believe that abortion is sin. There are no magic words to say that will convince the unsaved that abortion is murder and it is wrong. That will take a change of their hearts and only God can do that.

I have found that if you want to reach the lost you need to get involved in their lives. You have to be salt and light in a tasteless and dark place. You must invest your time in praying and fasting if necessary for them. You must be a friend who truly loves and cares about them as God does without compromising your relationship with Jesus.

Trying to teach or convince the lost to have Godly character or principles would be equal to trying to train your dog to think or act like a cat. Your dog would need to be born again as a cat to have him think or act like a cat.

So whether the issue is abortion, immorality, etc., only their minds being renewed by the Holy Spirit will change their beliefs.

Colossians 3

9 Do not lie to one another, since you laid aside the old self with its evil practices,

10 and have put on the new self who is being renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created him--

This may not be the answer you wanted but it is the only thing that you can do to help them.

You can lay down your life and give them the most precious thing that you'll have in this life, your time. Time is the only thing that you give away that can never be repaid to you. You are allotted a certain amount while you're here and you choose how to use it. First and foremost pray for them and fast if necessary. You can choose to get involved in their lives and be an example of love that doesn't compromise.

Where is it that you are talking to these people? Are they your neighbors? Do you work with them? Are you talking to people online?

Witnessing isn't something you learn to do. It is something that happens while you're loving God and the others around you.

It shows in how you talk to people whether in person or writing. It shows in what you do. If it's your neighbor take them soup when they are sick and pray for them to be well? If you work with them notice when something is wrong and ask if you can help? You just treat them in the same way you would like to be treated.

It's simply a matter of allowing Jesus to live in and through you.

MacG

It is not your responsibility to make the lost believe that abortion is sin. There are no magic words to say that will convince the unsaved that abortion is murder and it is wrong. That will take a change of their hearts and only God can do that.
    This God taught me this when I was "witnessing" to JW's on the street corners. I was taking all that Walter Martin had taught me thorugh books and BAM program. I had the JW's cornered in Revalation and they had more ways to not see was was so plain. I wept in my car to God that I failed. Clear as day I heard "It's not your *** to convert, it's your *** to present it."

Well I had said that I had employed everything that I had gleaned from Walter Martin. In hind sight however I only learned the answers. I did not have the heart of prayer that WM had. So I was engaging in sword fights in the flesh. Using a scientific method for a spiritual condition. Also I was giving answers where no questions were being asked.

I have found that if you want to reach the lost you need to get involved in their lives. You have to be salt and light in a tasteless and dark place. You must invest your time in praying and fasting if necessary for them. You must be a friend who truly loves and cares about them as God does without compromising your relationship with Jesus.
    "Curiously" 12 years ago I moved next door to a JW. At first I thought we'd have some great conversations but rather than hit him with the words and techniques we have been good neighbors. He knows that I am a christian and we have mostly skirted the issues. I imagine that at some time we may have a conversation related to the watchtower but for now we are good neighbors.

Where is it that you are talking to these people? Are they your neighbors? Do you work with them? Are you talking to people online?

Witnessing isn't something you learn to do. It is something that happens while you're loving God and the others around you.?
    Work, home, and around. Only online here.

It shows in how you talk to people whether in person or writing. It shows in what you do. If it's your neighbor take them soup when they are sick and pray for them to be well? If you work with them notice when something is wrong and ask if you can help? You just treat them in the same way you would like to be treated.

It's simply a matter of allowing Jesus to live in and through you.
    It is these things that I do now. Wait for questions. Two ears, one mouth

Thanks for your input,

MacG

alanmolstad

MacG
    The only part in this that there is a doubt about, is your faith.

You look at the world, (misformed children, sufferings, etc) and think, "Why did god do this?"
    In the book of *** the person of *** asks god this very same type of question.
    And at one point God does show up and gives *** and us his answer to the great "Why?" question.

The problem with God's answer is that it's not the type of nice-clean answer we were looking for.

We seek an answer from god that will allow us to add things up and understand.
    God's answer does not even come close to that.

rather God's answer was to just point out that there is a HUGE difference between him and us humans, and that we just have to trust him.....even if we see God doing things, or allowing things to happen that we think are wrong.