Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I, Creator

awediot

Quote Originally Posted by akaSeerone View Post
    You just do not get it do you?

It is not what I think.....It is what the Bible says.

It is amazing how you keep ignoring the fact that THE BIBLE IS THE ONE AND ONLY STANDARD GOD GAVE US FOR LIFE AND GODLINESS.

Hey.....I do not expect you to get it, because if you did you would have to admit that you are under the influence of a pagan anti-Christ spirit guide that totally opposes God and His Word, the Bible.

Andy

Philippians 4:8
    Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Isaiah 1:18
    "Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD...

Bat-Man

Quote Originally Posted by awediot View Post
    I'd be sure it is something God prefer I do (you read about that man who slapped a woman's child for crying in Walmart?..) I wouldn't've "argued" with him either.
    Okay. Just be REALLY sure it is what God would want tyou to do, otherwise you'll just be getting YOURSELF in a whole lot of trouble.

What would you have done for that woman, and the child, btw ?

Thus why I said "fully" understand.
    What you said was that it's fine with you that I do not fully understand you, and I told you that that was not fine with ME... because MY goal is to understand... and fully understand... everyone.

But it is not "need" as we think of it today. That is my point.
    It's even MORE of a Need, though, according to what you were saying, and yet you don't think we should call it a "Need"... which seems very strange to me.

"Language is a virus"...
    It can be.

Language is also the only way we can truly express ourselves to other people.

Then quit your *** and lead the way...
    I often provide services for other people without any desire for any money.

The only reason I work for money now is because OTHER PEOPLE won't work for FREE !

I agree we should all be better and more charitable... It's the human story. Dream on...
    I do a lot more than just dream about it. I actually put my principles to work.

... and President Obama's so-called stimulus package SUCKS BIG TIME !!!

We approach the same page once again.
    Turn the page.

No, of course not, just one seriously kick*** one.
    Heh, yeah, but unless you're considering just flying around forever, you'll eventually need to land somewhere, either somewhere on a planet or on something else out there in space.

So will being able to go under water without the need to breath... (just trivial, tactile fantasies)
    Yeah, that's a good one, too.

But there will be nothing better than having my own family, to me.

Sure... I make no secret about it... Life's too short.
    I don't think anyone is "en***led" to know about your own private life, though.

... and it wouldn't hurt me if you didn't share that part of yourself with me.

The term "best" as applied to the state of "Heaven" sets up a dissonant resonance to me... It is "Perfect". There is no concievable scale from which I can think of good/better/best in the context of how I see Heaven. It will be as "good" as any individual can handle... Here on earth, it is better to visit the sick than waste your time on Playstation, but there are no sick in heaven... We won't have to help meet one another's needs, as we are called to do here. We will all have a mutual desire to serve those who no longer require anything from us...which to me is Love manifest...

So I guess, just Love, and see where that leads.
    In some cases, and actually in most cases I can think of, I think the best thing to do is let others do what they want to do while sharing what you think is the best way to live with them.

For example: Our Father in heaven may never do anything to actually stop you from acting on your ****sexual tendencies, although he will tell you that you are not en***led to certain things because you are gay... like any children of your own, for example... and he may just send you to live on a planet somewhere out there in "heaven" where you will be treated just as he treats all other people who act on their ****sexual tendencies because he will consider that to be the best way to treat people who act, and are, like you.

... and while that wouldn't be the best way to live, for me, you may actually like it there, while you are surrounded by all of those gay people, without ever feeling any desire whatsoever to repent.

Thus, Heaven to one person is Hell to someone else, because "I" would consider myself to be in Hell if I was surrounded by nobody else but gay people.

Ya don't miss what you've never had...
    Very true, so while you may never know how good it can be to have your own family, with your own spouse, to create your own children, I know I would miss something like that, very much.

And I'm not sure that we will continue to have kids in Heaven (another thread perhaps)
    It will be possible, just as our Father in heaven has his own children now.

"Arguing" to me is a relative term... I will never stop trying to convince some people about the truth (as I see it), on certain topics...because as I said, beliefs can cause needless, excess pain, and if I have a Truth which may stop it, it is my duty to try and get them to see it for the greater good... If this amounts to "arguing", so be it.
    Eh, okay. I'm just saying that I'm not into "arguing" anymore, myself.

I'll share what I believe, and why I believe what I believe, but I'm no longer going to go into "attack" mode, or the "I just have to SAVE that person" mode, if somebody doesn't accept what I know is true.
    Last edited by Bat-Man; 09-04-2009 at 05:44 PM.

awediot

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Man View Post

What would you have done for that woman, and the child, btw ?
    Sympathized...bought the kid the "Slap-be-Gone" ointment... Offered a shoulder...

Question should be directed at what I would have done to the man...or better, what can I do NOW to change the mindset of someone who feels they've a right to slap a stranger's baby.

What you said was that it's fine with you that I do not fully understand you, and I told you that that was not fine with ME... because MY goal is to understand... and fully understand... everyone.
    And who on the planet do you fully (completely, totally) understand?

Even yourself?

It's even MORE of a Need, though, according to what you were saying, and yet you don't think we should call it a "Need"... which seems very strange to me.
    It is so much more...it is different than need... As though going from finding your future wife attractive, to feeling you'd be lost without her.

I'm not going into politics, and money bores me...

I don't think anyone is "en***led" to know about your own private life, though.

... and it wouldn't hurt me if you didn't share that part of yourself with me.
    It provides context to my pov.

In some cases, and actually in most cases I can think of, I think the best thing to do is let others do what they want to do while sharing what you think is the best way to live with them.
    Mostly agree.

For example: Our Father in heaven may never do anything to actually stop you from acting on your ****sexual tendencies, although he will tell you that you are not en***led to certain things because you are gay... like any children of your own, for example... and he may just send you to live on a planet somewhere out there in "heaven" where you will be treated just as he treats all other people who act on their ****sexual tendencies because he will consider that to be the best way to treat people who act, and are, like you.

... and while that wouldn't be the best way to live, for me, you may actually like it there, while you are surrounded by all of those gay people, without ever feeling any desire whatsoever to repent.

Thus, Heaven to one person is Hell to someone else, because "I" would consider myself to be in Hell if I was surrounded by nobody else but gay people.
    Yokay... And I hardly want to live on a gay planet... Not a big pink fan.

(and way off topic... feel free to discuss it here A few things to think about that "gay old time"...)

I'll share what I believe, and why I believe what I believe, but I'm no longer going to go into "attack" mode, or the "I just have to SAVE that person" mode, if somebody doesn't accept what I know is true.
    okay.
    Last edited by awediot; 09-04-2009 at 08:09 PM.

Fig-bearing Thistle

Philippians 4:8
    Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Isaiah 1:18
    "Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD...
    Thanks for actually demonstrating reasonable thought processes, Awediot. I've enjoyed your insights.

awediot

Quote Originally Posted by Fig-bearing Thistle View Post
    Thanks for actually demonstrating reasonable thought processes, Awediot. I've enjoyed your insights.
    You flatter me FBT... Maybe it's one advantage of living life in part as a pariah. When you don't fit anywhere, you get an objectivity which keeps you a little saner than the average...defensive believer for God... I'm used to accepting I'm probably wrong, so can just blather on...

stemelbow

When I've pondered what Heaven might be like, the extreme thought I can have is the idea we get what we want...exactly, instantly...as we imagine it, and as well as we can imagine it, while remaining "real" and grounded in the New Earth and state of Heaven...
    Makes ya feel hopeful that those in heaven, deep down, want whats best for others.

love,
    stem

awediot

Quote Originally Posted by stemelbow View Post
    Makes ya feel hopeful that those in heaven, deep down, want whats best for others.

love,
    stem
    Well, yeah...but I'd prefer those who sign my paycheck and have access to my medicines and share my Walmart within bullet range, want whats best for others more than the dead do...

stemelbow

sounds great. You'd prefer everyone else look out for you.

love,
    stem

awediot

sounds great. You'd prefer everyone else look out for you.

love,
    stem
    Lol... It's an expectation...no, a demand for common decency, stem.

Try it.
    Last edited by awediot; 09-05-2009 at 09:36 AM.

stemelbow

I get it. I was just playing around.

Sorry if you feel I don't have common decency, or courtesy.

love,
    stem

awediot

I get it. I was just playing around.

Sorry if you feel I don't have common decency, or courtesy.

love,
    stem
    Sorry if your "playing around" makes you worry about such things.

stemelbow

Alright...let's move on. Peace to you on this Sabbath day.

love,
    stem

awediot

Alright...let's move on. Peace to you on this Sabbath day.

love,
    stem

Bat-Man

Lol... It's an expectation...no, a demand for common decency, stem.

Try it.
    Heh, try being a "Mormon" while demanding that others treat you in the way that you think you should be treated.

alanmolstad

When I've pondered what Heaven might be like, .
    Standing before the throne.

alanmolstad

When I've pondered what Heaven might be like, the extreme thought I can have is the idea we get what we want...exactly, instantly...as we imagine it, and as well as we can imagine it, while remaining "real" and grounded in the New Earth and state of Heaven...

Say you find yourself there, in a beautiful meadow, and desire an icecream Sundae... It appears, sort of...thin, transparent, with flavors and toppings that shift and swirl according to your less than well formed image of a "typical" Sundae... What sort of ice cream? Hard or soft? Really sweet or a little bitter like chocolate and earthy like vanilla? Caramel, marshmallow, fruit topping? Whipped Cream? Nuts or sprinkles?...In what shapped gl***?

...I think IF this is anything like Heaven may be, first thing we will learn is what rotten "imagineers" we really are...that we are not very good wishers at all.... If we want a home, or a palace...Where? Made of what? Built to what floor plan and with what sort of plants for landscaping? Etcetera...BIG Etcetera... Heaven will be in those details and accumulation, and "hardening" of the reality we want, and want to share with one another...

Over time, as we get good at it, this would logically lead to us creating another world, or planet...But as it would overlap and possibly conflict with other's ideas of their own world, we could create it both as part of Heaven's reality, and/or as distinct, separately, and store it in a box, to work on as a hobby and piece of art...an expression of our deepest thought and desires...

In that sense, we would be the "God" of that planet (or theoretically, Universe should we get so advanced)...but never really GOD... Then, we would run into the potent ability to possibly do what GOD did, and bring it to life...and take responsibility for that decision...and like Him, find it only to be meaningful to set it free enough to reject us...perhaps repeating the only history possible...

Would you let it hang you from a cross?

>This speculative thought process occurred without a trace of Mormonism coming to mind...but I see it now, having learned more, reflected in some of their unique teachings... I'm not a Mormon, nor foresee ever having a desire to become one...but, I can see how they may have been given additional insights in the future and making of our little race, and cannot help but respect that. There are certainly things I disagree with, and have no need to think any person who may have been given a few visions is necessarily a "Prophet" worth forming an entire religion around, but I find half-truths and both corrupted and exploited Truths within my own Christian religion... Seeking for the Ultimate Truth should not lead anyone to dismiss any particular religion, or denomination, belief system, sect, or even cult off-hand and in totality, as the more we do learn, the more mysterious and deep He does get...

The difference is, I can only ever re-create from the elements GOD has already given us little gods to play with. HE remains sacrosanct and Omnimax in a way always infinite steps ahead of me. All I can ever do is reflect Him, and point in His direction. I will never merge with Him, or return to His womb...and see no reason to want to.

"Say you find yourself there, in a beautiful meadow..."

The quotation is from the start of the OP's dream of what heaven is like..
    This idea is like a lot of the dreams and visions I read about from people who write on this topic.

One odd thing I have noticed in a lot of such dreams of what heaven will be like, is that for some reason people always talk about a place where they find themselves alone....

alone in a field

alone in a big house

alone on a mountain top

many of the people that write on this topic always seem to open their story with a guy finding himself all alone.

Now some people will toss in the idea that "oh and my kids and grand kids will be there too"...but thats still alone, just you and your family by yourselves.

I cant say that concept if right or wrong...

I just know its not mine.

My idea of heaven is more crowded..
    ..Like packed stands watching a football game...type of packed with totally different people,,,people bumping next to other people that you dont know at all

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Now some people will toss in the idea that "oh and my kids and grand kids will be there too"...but thats still alone, just you and your family by yourselves.

I cant say that concept if right or wrong...

I just know its not mine.

My idea of heaven is more crowded...Like packed stands watching a football game...type of packed with totally different people,,,people bumping next to other people that you dont know at all
    Maybe--but this is the testimony of the Savior:

Matthew 7:14---King James Version (KJV)
    14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.