Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I, Creator

awediot

Default I, Creator

When I've pondered what Heaven might be like, the extreme thought I can have is the idea we get what we want...exactly, instantly...as we imagine it, and as well as we can imagine it, while remaining "real" and grounded in the New Earth and state of Heaven...

Say you find yourself there, in a beautiful meadow, and desire an icecream Sundae... It appears, sort of...thin, transparent, with flavors and toppings that shift and swirl according to your less than well formed image of a "typical" Sundae... What sort of ice cream? Hard or soft? Really sweet or a little bitter like chocolate and earthy like vanilla? Caramel, marshmallow, fruit topping? Whipped Cream? Nuts or sprinkles?...In what shapped gl***?

...I think IF this is anything like Heaven may be, first thing we will learn is what rotten "imagineers" we really are...that we are not very good wishers at all.... If we want a home, or a palace...Where? Made of what? Built to what floor plan and with what sort of plants for landscaping? Etcetera...BIG Etcetera... Heaven will be in those details and accumulation, and "hardening" of the reality we want, and want to share with one another...

Over time, as we get good at it, this would logically lead to us creating another world, or planet...But as it would overlap and possibly conflict with other's ideas of their own world, we could create it both as part of Heaven's reality, and/or as distinct, separately, and store it in a box, to work on as a hobby and piece of art...an expression of our deepest thought and desires...

In that sense, we would be the "God" of that planet (or theoretically, Universe should we get so advanced)...but never really GOD... Then, we would run into the potent ability to possibly do what GOD did, and bring it to life...and take responsibility for that decision...and like Him, find it only to be meaningful to set it free enough to reject us...perhaps repeating the only history possible...

Would you let it hang you from a cross?

>This speculative thought process occurred without a trace of Mormonism coming to mind...but I see it now, having learned more, reflected in some of their unique teachings... I'm not a Mormon, nor foresee ever having a desire to become one...but, I can see how they may have been given additional insights in the future and making of our little race, and cannot help but respect that. There are certainly things I disagree with, and have no need to think any person who may have been given a few visions is necessarily a "Prophet" worth forming an entire religion around, but I find half-truths and both corrupted and exploited Truths within my own Christian religion... Seeking for the Ultimate Truth should not lead anyone to dismiss any particular religion, or denomination, belief system, sect, or even cult off-hand and in totality, as the more we do learn, the more mysterious and deep He does get...

The difference is, I can only ever re-create from the elements GOD has already given us little gods to play with. HE remains sacrosanct and Omnimax in a way always infinite steps ahead of me. All I can ever do is reflect Him, and point in His direction. I will never merge with Him, or return to His womb...and see no reason to want to.

Bat-Man

Quote Originally Posted by awediot View Post
    When I've pondered what Heaven might be like, the extreme thought I can have is the idea we get what we want...exactly, instantly...as we imagine it, and as well as we can imagine it, while remaining "real" and grounded in the New Earth and state of Heaven...

Say you find yourself there, in a beautiful meadow, and desire an icecream Sundae... It appears, sort of...thin, transparent, with flavors and toppings that shift and swirl according to your less than well formed image of a "typical" Sundae... What sort of ice cream? Hard or soft? Really sweet or a little bitter like chocolate and earthy like vanilla? Caramel, marshmallow, fruit topping? Whipped Cream? Nuts or sprinkles?...In what shapped gl***?

...I think IF this is anything like Heaven may be, first thing we will learn is what rotten "imagineers" we really are...that we are not very good wishers at all.... If we want a home, or a palace...Where? Made of what? Built to what floor plan and with what sort of plants for landscaping? Etcetera...BIG Etcetera... Heaven will be in those details and accumulation, and "hardening" of the reality we want, and want to share with one another...

Over time, as we get good at it, this would logically lead to us creating another world, or planet...But as it would overlap and possibly conflict with other's ideas of their own world, we could create it both as part of Heaven's reality, and/or as distinct, separately, and store it in a box, to work on as a hobby and piece of art...an expression of our deepest thought and desires...

In that sense, we would be the "God" of that planet (or theoretically, Universe should we get so advanced)...but never really GOD... Then, we would run into the potent ability to possibly do what GOD did, and bring it to life...and take responsibility for that decision...and like Him, find it only to be meaningful to set it free enough to reject us...perhaps repeating the only history possible...

Would you let it hang you from a cross?

>This speculative thought process occurred without a trace of Mormonism coming to mind...but I see it now, having learned more, reflected in some of their unique teachings... I'm not a Mormon, nor foresee ever having a desire to become one...but, I can see how they may have been given additional insights in the future and making of our little race, and cannot help but respect that. There are certainly things I disagree with, and have no need to think any person who may have been given a few visions is necessarily a "Prophet" worth forming an entire religion around, but I find half-truths and both corrupted and exploited Truths within my own Christian religion... Seeking for the Ultimate Truth should not lead anyone to dismiss any particular religion, or denomination, belief system, sect, or even cult off-hand and in totality, as the more we do learn, the more mysterious and deep He does get...

The difference is, I can only ever re-create from the elements GOD has already given us little gods to play with. HE remains sacrosanct and Omnimax in a way always infinite steps ahead of me. All I can ever do is reflect Him, and point in His direction. I will never merge with Him, or return to His womb...and see no reason to want to.
    Some interesting thoughts. Thank you for sharing them.

Over the course of the rest of eternity you might as well learn to be as much like our Father in heaven as you can possibly be, and then act on what you have learned.

I'll try to come by from time to time to see how much progress you've made.

akaSeerone

I would like to know how you propose to do that.....There is no escaping from the Lake of Fire and I doubt if you will even be able to see what us Christians are doing on the New Earth.

Andy

Bat-Man

Quote Originally Posted by akaSeerone View Post
    I would like to know how you propose to do that.....
    First, I'll need to find out how to find out which planet he is on, which I suppose I'll find out the more I come to know the truth of all things, and then I'll need to find out how to travel through space, which I suppose will be something like flying... unless there is some better way to travel through space.

It may take a while to find all of that out, but I'll have all of eternity and I don't see any reason why I would want to be in a big hurry to see him.

It's just something I'll do, for something to do, when I don't have anything better to do.

There is no escaping from the Lake of Fire and I doubt if you will even be able to see what us Christians are doing on the New Earth.
    Heh, there you go again, acting as if the fact that YOU THINK I am going to be in a Lake of Fire means that I really will be, as if what you are saying is true.

Do you claim to be a prophet, or something like that ?

How else would you be able to know what is going to happen in the future ?

awediot

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Man View Post

Over the course of the rest of eternity you might as well learn to be as much like our Father in heaven as you can possibly be, and then act on what you have learned.

Batman, please just take it down a couple notches. Your "confidence" appears as shear arrogance to the rest of us, and it is in no way endearing or invoking of having any confidence in what you say... In reaching out in friendship all I've gotten back is condescension, generic accusations and weird half-answers, and that is no way to represent what God will turn a person into if I believe you...

awediot

and...to just continue the thoughts...

We would reside in Heaven (which would have little reason to change much) and most of our real creative juices would flow into our "Planet" (which we could perhaps become a part of, as GOD became a part of ours). We wouldn't live on it as we do this one... Our visit may turn out as GOD's did on our own...thus my question as to if we would do for them, what He did for us...

Or would we need to? Is that "rebellion", and need of a blood atonement inevitable?

Bat-Man

and...to just continue the thoughts...

We would reside in Heaven (which would have little reason to change much) and most of our real creative juices would flow into our "Planet" (which we could perhaps become a part of, as GOD became a part of ours). We wouldn't live on it as we do this one... Our visit may turn out as GOD's did on our own...thus my question as to if we would do for them, what He did for us...
    What do you think "heaven" is ?

FYI, heaven refers to what we see in the sky above us, and it is filled with clouds and stars and other heavenly bodies, including planets with cities/towns/villages on those planets... with people scattered throughout all of heaven.

It's not some "unreal" place. It's all real, with everything consisting of matter.

Or would we need to? Is that "rebellion", and need of a blood atonement inevitable?
    Wait and see. You wouldn't believe me now even if I told you all about it.

awediot

What do you think "heaven" is ?

FYI, heaven refers to what we see in the sky above us, and it is filled with clouds and stars and other heavenly bodies, including planets with cities/towns/villages on those planets... with people scattered throughout all of heaven.

It's not some "unreal" place. It's all real, with everything consisting of matter.
    I believe it will be a restoration of our spiritual selves which we fell from, where the laws of physics become merely optional, and we've a life under our belt to appreciate it all... It will be more than physical, and the fulfillment of the material. Not less

"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now, only much, much...BETTER!"

"Language is a Virus" ~ Laurie Anderson

Wait and see. You wouldn't believe me now even if I told you all about it.
    Actually, I wouldn't believe you know all about it, my lord.

Bat-Man

I believe it will be a restoration of our spiritual selves which we fell from, where the laws of physics become merely optional, and we've a life under our belt to appreciate it all... It will be more than physical, and the fulfillment of the material. Not less.
    The whole purpose of the atonement of Jesus Christ is to restore us to the condition Adam and Eve once enjoyed in the garden of Eden while we will retain our knowledge of good and evil and an ability/desire to produce children and the ability to eat food and walk around in a garden and have dominion over a planet just as Adam and Eve did both before and after they "fell" but couldn't get back up by themselves.

Heh, yes, and as we all know, BETTER is relative.

"Language is a Virus" ~ Laurie Anderson
    Words and expressions of feelings.

Actually, I wouldn't believe you know all about it, my lord.
    That's what I said.

awediot

That's what I said.
    ...just missing the sarcasm...

You're a quick study Batman... It doesn't matter whether we agree or not, I can't tell, and that is the way you want it...just keep 'em talking.

Tends to wear me out and just spins wheels...

Bat-Man

...just missing the sarcasm...

You're a quick study Batman... It doesn't matter whether we agree or not, I can't tell, and that is the way you want it...just keep 'em talking.

Tends to wear me out and just spins wheels...
    Everything I have said is true.

You just have to be able to "see" that, somehow, for yourself.

... and it's not my fault if you don't.

Unhappy

I believe it will be a restoration of our spiritual selves which we fell from, where the laws of physics become merely optional, and we've a life under our belt to appreciate it all... It will be more than physical, and the fulfillment of the material. Not less

I don't think that one needs to ignore the laws of physics to be like God.
    I think God perfectly understands and uses the laws to govern the universe.
    For instance, gravity and aerodynamics makes apples fall on my head and causes me to only be able to jump a foot or two high.
    However, by understanding these laws and applying them properly, one can reach the moon.

awediot

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    I don't think that one needs to ignore the laws of physics to be like God.
    I think God perfectly understands and uses the laws to govern the universe.
    For instance, gravity and aerodynamics makes apples fall on my head and causes me to only be able to jump a foot or two high.
    However, by understanding these laws and applying them properly, one can reach the moon.
    I didn't say simply "ignore"... Only meant to state I think we will be "above" having to obey them... We will no longer have to obey gravity, or eat to sustain the burning of fuel for our bodies survival... I believe as a result of the fall, we became susceptible to them and lost our spiritual make up, reducing us to a more animalistic existence, which has no choice but to obey physical law...

C.S. Lewis described it that since we would not be governed by the higher moral laws, God insured we be governed by the baser laws of physics.

akaSeerone

You are a mormon.....of course you are headed for the Lake of Fire....It does not take a Prophet to know that, one only has to read the Bible and it does not take much to figure out that mormons are headed for the Lake of Fire.....So, what is your point?

Once again you owe me an apology....I told you earlier that unlike the wannabe prophet that you are I have no desire nor have I said anything to lead anyone to come to the conclusion that I claim to be a prophet, so quit with the games and quit with the putting words in my mouth! You are only showing everyone here how far removed from the truth you really are.

The Bible says the Apostles and Prophets ended with the FOUNDATION of the Church/The Body of Christ, so you have no argument and PROVING SMITH A CON MAN AND LIAR AND THE LDS CULT A TOTALLY FALSE PAGAN RELIGION THAT HAS NOTHING WHAT SO EVER TO DO WITH GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION FOR MANKIND AND YET YOU CHOSE TO REPRESENT A LIE, SO WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT YOU....ACTUALLY IT SPEAKS (NEGATIVE) VOLUMES BECAUSE YOU ARE ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN AND ONLY THINK YOU ARE WALKING IN THE LIGHT. PITY!!

Andy

nrajeff

I liked and agree with a whole lot of what you have said, Awediot.

Fig-bearing Thistle

I would like to know how you propose to do that.....There is no escaping from the Lake of Fire and I doubt if you will even be able to see what us Christians are doing on the New Earth.

Andy
    aka Pleasant as always.

Fig-bearing Thistle

Thanks for expressing your thoughts from an open heart and mind, and being respectful in the process, Awediot.

This was an interesting read.

awediot

Quote Originally Posted by Fig-bearing Thistle View Post
    Thanks for expressing your thoughts from an open heart and mind, and being respectful in the process, Awediot.

This was an interesting read.
    Thanks FBT...It has many implications, and was a concept not arrived at lightly...as I think Hell will be quite similar.

awediot

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeff View Post
    I liked and agree with a whole lot of what you have said, Awediot.
    Thanks Jeff.."Heaven" is an intriguing thing to meditate on.

Bat-Man

I didn't say simply "ignore"... Only meant to state I think we will be "above" having to obey them... We will no longer have to obey gravity, or eat to sustain the burning of fuel for our bodies survival... I believe as a result of the fall, we became susceptible to them and lost our spiritual make up, reducing us to a more animalistic existence, which has no choice but to obey physical law...

C.S. Lewis described it that since we would not be governed by the higher moral laws, God insured we be governed by the baser laws of physics.
    You have some thoughts that I can see plainly are good, but you also have some other thoughts that either I don't understand or that don't seem right to me.

I do agree with what I think is your belief that I will no longer NEED food to survive, physically, after I am resurrected, because it will then be impossible for my spirit to separate from my physical body, or in other words, I won't be able to "die" anymore, physically... even though I could still possibly be somehow separated spiritually from our Father in heaven.

... in my perspective, EVERYONE who has been or will have been born on Earth by the Day of Judgment will be resurrected and then either be sent to heaven or hell to continue to exist, forever, which means that neither the people in heaven nor hell will NEED food to continue to exist, forever.

... and I say not NEED to eat food because we will still be able to eat, just as Jesus Christ ate after he was resurrected, and just as Adam and Eve ate before they were condemned to die.

Anyway, apart from all that, can you go into some more detail to describe what you are talking about concerning what we will no longer need to do ?

How do you propose that we will be able to defy, or overrule, the laws that govern the motion of planets and other heavenly bodies ?

Do you think Adam and Eve were able to fly, somehow, in some way other than how we can fly now ?

I do know our Lord can fly, in the sense of ascending and descending from heaven, and I'm not exactly sure how he does that, but I suppose we'll find out if we're ever going to be able to do that, ourselves.
    Last edited by Bat-Man; 09-03-2009 at 10:16 AM.

Bat-Man

[B]The Bible says the Apostles and Prophets ended with the FOUNDATION of the Church/The Body of Christ...
    No it doesn't, or at least I've never seen that written anywhere in the Bible.

Can you show me where that is explicitly written in the Holy Bible ?

awediot

Anyway, apart from all that, can you go into some more detail to describe what you are talking about concerning what we will no longer need to do ?
    We will no longer "Need"... Need in itself is a chain and cage created from the Fall... We may find our self in the position that if we desire -X-, will will "have to" or in a different sense NEED to gain or achieve it in a set manner...but we will WANT to do it, and it will be a chosen venture done in love and the pursuit of edification and growth, not because we have to to survive... Physical need breeds a sense of resentment because we must toil at things we'd rather not do just to live to the end of the month (eat)...or week (drink)...or day (breath)...or even minute (beat blood)...

How do you propose that we will be able to defy, or overrule, the laws that govern the motion of planets and other heavenly bodies ?
    I do not believe we will be omnipotent, and we won't be able to do anything we desire at will, (especially if it disrupts the "Heaven" we all will be sharing in)...But where that line is drawn, I can't say... I'd imagine God would ask just why you want to disrupt the Universe or the orchestrated, balanced movements of the Planets...

Why would you?

Do you think Adam and Eve were able to fly, somehow, in some way other than how we can fly now ?
    It doesn't seem they ever got to the point of being able to appreciate the idea... They seemed pretty stunned to be able to walk and see trees and simply exist in the fresh here and nowness of it all... They blew the very first law they were given... Who knows what they may have been had they resisted.

I do know our Lord can fly, in the sense of ascending and descending from heaven, and I'm not exactly sure how he does that, but I suppose we'll find out if we're ever going to be able to do that, ourselves.
    Jump.

Do it again...

Now, next time, do it not higher, or further, but longer in duration...extending your hang time a microsecond each time, until landing becomes an option...

You gotta learn to cope with floating before you can fly.

Bat-Man

We will no longer "Need"...
    Do you think we will no longer NEED God (our Father in heaven) ?

... or Jesus Christ ?

Need in itself is a chain and cage created from the Fall...
    Considering what happens to those who don't rely on God for the truth, and for all good things in the future, I think I could learn to be happy in some kind of a cage as long as it was a very nice and big and open cage that I could choose to get out of if I really wanted to be out.

We may find our self in the position that if we desire -X-, will will "have to" or in a different sense NEED to gain or achieve it in a set manner...but we will WANT to do it, and it will be a chosen venture done in love and the pursuit of edification and growth, not because we have to to survive...
    I like the sound of that.

I've often thought of how much better off this world would be if we just got rid of money, or the idea that we needed money.

It's all about service, really, and as long as we don't NEED to do something to survive, because we would continue to exist forever, because it would be impossible for us to die, which will be the case after we are resurrected, why not just try to find things to do to help each other out, without using money ?

Physical need breeds a sense of resentment because we must toil at things we'd rather not do just to live to the end of the month (eat)...or week (drink)...or day (breath)...or even minute (beat blood)...
    Yep. That's true, but it doesn't NEED to breed resentment.

When you have a physical need, all you need is some way to get what you need, and I think we can all get what we need without using any money.

I think we should get rid of our money, and those who love money.

I do not believe we will be omnipotent, and we won't be able to do anything we desire at will, (especially if it disrupts the "Heaven" we all will be sharing in)...But where that line is drawn, I can't say... I'd imagine God would ask just why you want to disrupt the Universe or the orchestrated, balanced movements of the Planets...

Why would you?
    I wouldn't, but some would because of greed, or fear of insecurity, or because they love to have some way to exercise power over other people.

Think about this:

If money had no power, say because people woudn't need money to get anything, how would you get something you wanted, or how would you get someone to help you get what you wanted ?

Say, for example, some land, so that you could grow a garden ?

The way I see things, this planet belongs to all of us, NOW, but for some reason some people think they get to be the ones to make the decisions about how we go about sharing all of the resources that are available on this planet.

Who put them in charge ?

Why can't we all just get along and share things more equally, NOW ?

What we need now is a revolution, and the one to lead it is coming.

It doesn't seem they ever got to the point of being able to appreciate the idea... They seemed pretty stunned to be able to walk and see trees and simply exist in the fresh here and nowness of it all... They blew the very first law they were given... Who knows what they may have been had they resisted.
    Well, hopefully we've all learned or will learn from our mistakes, as I'm sure Adam and Eve already have.

Eve messed up by listening to Satan, and some people still have the same problem.

Jump.

Do it again...

Now, next time, do it not higher, or further, but longer in duration...extending your hang time a microsecond each time, until landing becomes an option...

You gotta learn to cope with floating before you can fly.
    Heh, I can glide. Does that count ?

awediot

Do you think we will no longer NEED God (our Father in heaven) ?

... or Jesus Christ ?
    No...and in that way we will truly be freed to want them so much more. We will want to need them, but will have transcended that.

Considering what happens to those who don't rely on God for the truth, and for all good things in the future, I think I could learn to be happy in some kind of a cage as long as it was a very nice and big and open cage that I could choose to get out of if I really wanted to be out.
    Then that's not a cage.

Yep. That's true, but it doesn't NEED to breed resentment.
    But it does, never the less... Ask people if they are doing exactly what they want to be doing at any point in their day, and most likely they will say no (they'd rather be on the beach or in the mountains enjoying friends and family without a care in the world). So why are they doing what they are? Because they have to meet NEEDS, and while perhaps happy enough, they have settled and are making due until...

When you have a physical need, all you need is some way to get what you need, and I think we can all get what we need without using any money.
    Money is a symbol boiled down to pretty paper. A barter system would not eliminate compe***ion and fighting, cl*** and the other ills we blame on "money".

I think we should get rid of our money, and those who love money.
    Get rid of those who love money? Eat the rich with a side of the greedy, perhaps?

I wouldn't, but some would because of greed, or fear of insecurity, or because they love to have some way to exercise power over other people.
    Those people will not be in Heaven BECAUSE they want to disrupt it for their own proud gratifications.

Think about this:

If money had no power, say because people woudn't need money to get anything, how would you get something you wanted, or how would you get someone to help you get what you wanted ?

Say, for example, some land, so that you could grow a garden ?

The way I see things, this planet belongs to all of us, NOW, but for some reason some people think they get to be the ones to make the decisions about how we go about sharing all of the resources that are available on this planet.

Who put them in charge ?

Why can't we all just get along and share things more equally, NOW ?

What we need now is a revolution, and the one to lead it is coming.
    Utopian, nice, but unrealistic vision...and the coming revolution is a set up btw... Who do you think is teaching our kids to not just question authority, but shred it...all the while calling themselves rebels and free thinkers? We will run to our executioner for comfort.

Well, hopefully we've all learned or will learn from our mistakes, as I'm sure Adam and Eve already have.

Eve messed up by listening to Satan, and some people still have the same problem.
    Our problem is not one of ignorance, and sins are not mistakes.

Heh, I can glide. Does that count ?
    If that'll satiate you...who am I to argue?

Bat-Man

No...and in that way we will truly be freed to want them so much more. We will want to need them, but will have transcended that.
    Wow. And some people say Mormons are heretics.

Just wait until they get a load of you.

... and btw, I do not agree with what you are saying.

Then that's not a cage.
    Sure it is. A bird can have a cage, and be free to leave at any time, and actually leave the cage sometimes with the freedom to come back to the cage because the bird really likes to be there in the cage, at least sometimes.

Have you ever seen a really big aviary ?

Have you ever heard about carrier pigeons ?

Try thinking of the kingdom of God as a cage with the door left wide open.

Ask people if they are doing exactly what they want to be doing at any point in their day, and most likely they will say no (they'd rather be on the beach or in the mountains enjoying friends and family without a care in the world). So why are they doing what they are? Because they have to meet NEEDS, and while perhaps happy enough, they have settled and are making due until...
    Have you ever tried asking someone without any concern at all for MONEY if he or she is doing what he or she would really like to be doing ?

I realize that those who are servants to money don't have total freedom.

... but we don't NEED to be concerned about money.

Money is a symbol boiled down to pretty paper. A barter system would not eliminate compe***ion and fighting, cl*** and the other ills we blame on "money".
    Forget about bartering, too.

I'm thinking about a world where people do what they do because they want to be of service to other people without any concern for getting anything out of it, themselves, other than the satisifaction of being able to actually help other people.

I'm not suggesting that a good person would be willing to help someone do something or get something which isn't good for another person, though.

A good person would of course only be willing to do good things, so a person who wants to do or get something that wouldn't be good for him or her would get no help doing or getting that from a good person.

Get rid of those who love money? Eat the rich with a side of the greedy, perhaps?
    Eat them ? No, I'm not suggesting we eat them.

I think we should just send them to live with people who are like themselves, if they really don't want to change, so that all of the greedy people can live together. They should enjoy their own company, right ?

Those people will not be in Heaven BECAUSE they want to disrupt it for their own proud gratifications.
    Or, perhaps, they will be sent to live in a certain PART of heaven, with other greedy people.

Try to keep in mind that heaven, to me, is everything that we see in the sky above us... consisting of real places, with planets, and everything.

Each one of us is going to continue to live, or exist, somewhere.

Who do you think is teaching our kids to not just question authority, but shred it...all the while calling themselves rebels and free thinkers? We will run to our executioner for comfort.
    I don't know about you, but I run to my Savior for comfort.

And btw, I don't have a problem with authority, per se.

I just have a problem with people who exercise, or who try to exercise, unrighteous dominion over another person, or place.

Our problem is not one of ignorance, and sins are not mistakes.
    To know what sin is, we need to learn from our Father in heaven so that we can know what HE doesn't approve of.

If that'll satiate you...who am I to argue?
    I've learned to be content in all things while I still strive to do better.
    Last edited by Bat-Man; 09-04-2009 at 12:20 PM.