Thread: A modest proposal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    GiGi

Quote Originally Posted by sunofmysoul View Post
    i would be in agreement with ya...
    on abortion it is still a tough topic for me...
    the question of where life truly begins...
    I rather wish we could focus more on the prevention of unwanted pregnancy in the beginning...
    but i too have problems with those who have children they cannot afford to care for, and others who mistreat and or/ have killed their children.
    I wish their was a way to have to "qualify" to be a parent...
    with the knowledge we have scientifically already this seems a logical step...
    Even affordable, accessible, effective birth control is controversial in religious circles. Just another way mere mortals 'play god'.
    While I am pro-choice, I am also anti-abortion. Its not a question of life, that much is pretty obvious.
    Abortion screams failure! Failure to teach, failure to learn, failure to protect, failure to meet needs, failure to take responsibility, and so much more.
    I don't think any reasonable person can make a list of circumstances in which (a) god will allow people to interfere with 'the plan', and when he won't. Yet, that's exactly what they do.

sunofmysoul

Quote Originally Posted by GiGi View Post
    Even affordable, accessible, effective birth control is controversial in religious circles. Just another way mere mortals 'play god'.
    While I am pro-choice, I am also anti-abortion. Its not a question of life, that much is pretty obvious.
    Abortion screams failure! Failure to teach, failure to learn, failure to protect, failure to meet needs, failure to take responsibility, and so much more.
    I don't think any reasonable person can make a list of circumstances in which (a) god will allow people to interfere with 'the plan', and when he won't. Yet, that's exactly what they do.
    reminds me of a book that had a tremendous effect on me....
    have you happened to read THE Giver?

GiGi

Quote Originally Posted by sunofmysoul View Post
    reminds me of a book that had a tremendous effect on me....
    have you happened to read THE Giver?
    I did, ages ago! Now I'm going to have to find it again.