Thread: A modest proposal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    asdf

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    well....what do I call being ripper apart piece by piece?
    A quick death. Even accepting your premise, we're talking maybe half an hour of "torture" followed by an eternity of paradise. How does that compare to an eternity of ceaseless suffering?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by asdf View Post
    A quick death. Even accepting your premise, we're talking maybe half an hour of "torture" followed by an eternity of paradise. How does that compare to an eternity of ceaseless suffering?
    I bit tasteless there I think....

I can not turn my back on the suffering of they who are the most innocent.....

I can deem it "unimportant" just because they lack the voice I can hear...

God hears...

God remembers.

Remember, we are not sent into the world to save the rich and the well comforted....

We are sent to the lost...the overlooked..
    The rejected.

They are ours because they are forgotten by the world that considers them not worth the time to worry about.

But each child is special to the Lord......
    each child....

The gift of life is a gift....
    The giver is the Lord.
    It is his judgement that is our guide.

So...what did Jesus say about the people that cause one of the "little ones" to stumble?

asdf

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I bit tasteless there I think....
    Yes of course it comes across as tasteless. You still don't seem to understand me—or rather to want to understand me.

I do not agree with your premises. But I am accepting your premises for the sake of argument, and maintaining that your conclusions do not follow from them.

Your responses make clear that you are either not reading, or not comprehending, my posts.

I think we're done here.

alanmolstad

we are judged not by how fast we came to the aid of the rich,,,,the well spoken....the powerful.

Rather the merit of a person is truly learned when that person runs to defend they who are without any money....

who have no voice to defend themselves with...

Who are innocent and defenseless.