Thread: A modest proposal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    asdf

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Man View Post
    You seem to be presupposing that a good person is going to refuse to accept the help of our Savior, which doesn't make good sense to me.
    I agree, but the thought experiment is aimed at those who believe that the vast majority of all people will refuse to come to God, and thus doom themselves.

Sure, we all sin, except for our Savior, but we can also be forgiven for all of our sins, and only the worst of people would refuse his help, so why would you even want those people to end up in heaven ?
    I desire reconciliation for all, even the "worst of people". I don't know what will happen after death, and I honestly don't speculate about it too much. I don't believe the goal of salvation, or Christianity, or knowledge of God, to be "going to heaven after we die".

Bat-Man

Quote Originally Posted by asdf View Post
    I agree, but the thought experiment is aimed at those who believe that the vast majority of all people will refuse to come to God, and thus doom themselves.
    Okay.

I desire reconciliation for all, even the "worst of people". I don't know what will happen after death, and I honestly don't speculate about it too much. I don't believe the goal of salvation, or Christianity, or knowledge of God, to be "going to heaven after we die".
    I don't believe the goal of salvation, or Christianity, or knowledge of God, is all about going to heaven after we die, either.

I believe the the goal of salvation, or Christianity, or knowledge of God, is all about becoming as perfect as our Father in heaven, for those who want to.

asdf

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Man View Post
    I don't believe the goal of salvation, or Christianity, or knowledge of God, is all about going to heaven after we die, either.

I believe the the goal of salvation, or Christianity, or knowledge of God, is all about becoming as perfect as our Father in heaven, for those who want to.
    In other words, "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven"?

Bat-Man

Quote Originally Posted by asdf View Post
    In other words, "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven"?
    Yes, and by that I mean that I believe our focus should be placed on who and what we are and can and will become, as individuals, rather than on WHERE we will live.

Rickypon

Yes abortion is as like as murder. The innocent child who did not know any thing about their life and the child is not born yet and their parents decide to kill him this is totally wrong thing. There must be some thing to stop such kind of killing.