Thread: from a political perspective, I dont have a problem voting for a Mormon like Mitt.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    Alan--can I honestly say that if evangelicals are so close-minded to a Mormon being president .....
    While the "Mormon thing" is big news right now, trust me, it will fade into the background if Mitt plays his cards in the correct manner and allows the issue to fade.

About the only thing that can really bring that up again is if there are any video recordings of Mitt as a younger guy going door to door, or if there are any recordings of Mitt saying or doing something in connection to the Mormon religion, or with the Mormon temple ceremonies that get out.

If that happens this close to Iowa, Mitt would be finished...

The deal with Newt is that he is not now, nor has he ever been the conservative top choice for the ticket.

What Newt is?.....he is the last guy standing that is even slightly a conservative.

Mitt is liberal,,,thats just a fact.
    The chick in the race does not seem on top of her game.
    Perry and Paul keep shooting themselves in the foot.
    Cain is history.

The others in the pack just never caught on and have run out of steam.

That leaves right now only Newt to carry the banner "Anyone But Mitt" that the conservatives will support....even if they have to hold their nose when they get close to Newt.

I think we are less that 600 hours until Iowa is over.....so we shall see how things pan out in the end.

I do know that by the time North Dakota gets to vote it will be all over by then.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 12-11-2011 at 06:58 PM.