Quote Originally Posted by Decalogue View Post
Saxon - Very good post and right-on-the-money ! You did your homework well. Post more often on the boards here.

Per that silly book by Norman Giesler ... oy voy ---

I used to watch Giesler sometimes back on the TV program hosted by the guy with the scandinavian name and the very blond/white hair. Geisler was a good apologist. ( That was in the late 1980's. ) Time goes by ,,, and then he writes a goofy-fuzzy-headed book with that goofy/fuzzy-headed ***le.
aarrgghh !

If we are "chosen" we are not "free" ! Geisler needs to buy a dictionary and his publisher needs to grow a spine.

There is not one verse in the New Testament that says humans have a "freewill" . If you doubt that statement , then open up your Concordance and give a look-see.

After re-reading your positive response to my, "Grace is an At***ude" post, I have come to the conclusion that you have not understood my position at all. Your statement, " If we are "chosen" we are not "free"!" alerts me that I have failed to be clear in what I was saying.

Being chosen has nothing to do with being free. 2Timothy 1:9 states that God has saved us, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began. Those that were chosen were the ones that were already "in Christ Jesus" before the world began.

Ephesians 2:8 says that we are saved by grace (God's part) through faith (our part). Mankind has the freedom and responsibility to exercise faith in Christ. We have been given faith but we are the ones that resolve where we will place the faith that is given us, in Christ, or in something other than Christ.

You are correct in the fact that a concordance does not have "freewill" in it but neither does it have "Trinity" in it. We have been commanded to choose (See Joshua 24:15 and Isaiah 1:18 to 20).

2Timothy 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Isaiah 1:19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
Isaiah 1:20 But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.