Thread: Why is Mormonism false..

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    Wrong. I defend Christianity from attacks on it by ANYONE who attacks it--whether the attackers are atheists, Muslims, Jews, Trinitarians or Calvinists, but I don't go out of my way to create threads doing that. I mostly just read attacks on LDSism by you and your comrades, and then I defend both Christianity and LDSism (since they are often attacked simultaneously) from attacks on them.

For example, if you were to claim that the story of Jesus' birth or death or resurrection never happened, I would defend those tenets of Christianity by stating I believe those events really happened.

If you and all other anti-LDS people stopped posting attacks on LDSism, I am pretty sure I would stop posting defenses.
    If your claim is that if pro-LDS would stop defending LDSism then this forum would die, that claim may be true, but it wouldn't be very meaningful. It would be like the Nazis claiming that if the Jews would have just stopped resisting and turned themselves in for extermination, then WW2 would have ended sooner and the world would be a better place.

The problem isn't with the defenders, it's with the aggressors/attackers.
    That is just what I do.. If someone say, Joseph Smith, teaches that there are three Gods (History of the Church, Vol. 6, p. 473).. I defend the Christian faith and the Biblical tenant that God is one Lord (Deut 6:4, Mark 12:29).. If Someone say, Joseph Smith teaches that a man can marry more than one woman (D&C 132), I defend the Christian teaching that Church leaders must have just one wife (1Tim 3:2). If some church teaches that they can become a God to a population of people as the Father is our God ( Joseph Fielding Smith Jr., Doctrines of Salvation, Vol.1, p.69 - p.70, p.97 - p.98). I defend Christianity that Only God is God and He who knows all things doesn't know of any other Gods (Isaiah 44:8).. When a church teaches that God became God though obedience to His God's laws and ordinances (History of the Church, Vol. 6, p. 302-303). I defend the Christian faith that God has been God from everlasting to everlasting (Psalm 90:2). When a church teaches that the Father has a body of flesh and bone (Doctrine and Covenants 130:22). I defend the truth that God is Spirit, and Invisible, and that a spirit hasn't a tangible body (John 4:24, Col 1:15, Luke 24:39).. When a church teaches that obedience to laws and ordinances is the way to eternal life (AofF 3), I must defend the Christian faith that salvation is obtained only by the Grace of God though Faith in Jesus and NOT BY WORKS. (Eph 2:8-9). I insist as the Bible teaches that if salvation is by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace (Romans 11:6).

You therefore are defending a false religion you have called Christianity that is not Christian at all.. Yes you Don't like Calvinism because it claims that God has pre-chosen who will be saved and who will be ****ed. But If Jesus isn't a liar and He Is actually present before Abraham existed is He also not also present at the end of the age? Does he not know all things even what happens at the end of the age? Then He knows who will and who will not accept the gift of grace to eternal life through faith in Jesus.. Than is the main problem you have with Calvinism is how much you and the LDS church wish to limit God.. Christian teach that God knows even the number of hairs on our heads (Matthew 10:30). If such a trivial matter in important to Him isn't the matter of your eternal destiny more so? Would he also know if you would turn to Him or rebel and **** yourself to the Lake of Fire?

Isaiah 46:10
    Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure

Surely you don't doubt that God know all things and the truth of His promises stand good for all time? If He knows all things He knows who will be His and who will not.. That is all Calvinist teach in their doctrine of Eternal security and Predestination. Doesn't the Bible teach predestination?

Rom 8:21
    For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Those He knew from the beginning He predestined to be conformed to the image of Jesus who was the firstborn in the resurrection of all who would believe.. Jeff I see one a truth in your post.. We that defend the faith have no problem here, it is those that would destroy the truth with their aggression against it that have a problem.. IHS jim
    Last edited by James Banta; 10-15-2013 at 10:20 AM.