Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
I for one don't like opening a can of worms, but I also believe if we took every word out of the Holy Bible tha was even a bit suspicious of its authencticity I believe it wouldn't change the True of Salvation, and the meaning of God's Grace.
RFH:

It is not you who are "opening a can of worms" but it is the poster to whom I replied through you who is throwing buckets of untrue and inaccurate things on this forum WITH THE SINGULAR HOPE OF DESTROYING CHRISTIANITY.

As a result, this filth needed to be countered because I can imagine him clicking his heels together under the desk on which he keyboards as an expression of joy because he is spreading so much FALSE things.

You did nothing wrong, RFH. What I did was to scuttle the sources from which he gets that garbage in hopes that he will look very silly if he repeats posting that stuff the Mormons wrote. HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT HE DID NOT CITE HIS SOURCES? Isn't that sort of thing called "PLAGIARISM"??

The things I posted from memory, were things that are not taught in Sunday School, and they come only if one takes much church history in grad school. So they are not usually in the everyday knowledge of church history for Joe and Jane Pewsitter.

If I may, I do want to acknowledge that I find your phrase "if we took every word out of the Holy Bible.. " somewhat troubling. I know your intention was good, not evil. I also agree with what I essentially believe you are saying, but for me, a person who takes the inerrancy of Scripture very seriously, that a study of the nature and transmission of Canon to find the truth of this, and similar small "questionable" sections of Scripture does not take away ANYTHING from the full God-inspired text of the New Testament; rather I believe it enhances it.

No, I am not correcting you; instead, it is my aim to supply you with knowledge, and if you PM me, I can give you the ***les some wonderful books to buy which coverf the area I just described.

In the interim, remember that it is the one who attempts to destroy the Bible who will ultimately face the wrath of God. It is a true saying, "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of an angry God."