Thread: Smith made sure nobody could SEE anything. . .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    We can go over this time after time.....we can reword the question each time........
    In an effort to stop us from going over and over the same question as I talk about in the above post, Im going to try something here now.
    Too many times when a Christian such as myself attacks Smith's doctrines he puts the Mormon he is talking to on the defensive and at that point the ability of the christian to reach the Mormon simply comes to a halt.

Well I don't want that to happen, so I need to think of a way to get my point across to you without directly attacking a doctrine of smith, yet will show you why Smith's doctrines were all wet .

So, Im going to need a new teaching....something unknown before ...something no one has ever brought up on this topic, something totally unconnected to Smith or his doctrines.

(are you ready? Here we go)

A STORY:

One day Alan is out for a walk and suddenly an angel from heaven appears to him.
    Alan stops, and kneels to the ground and asks, "What can I do for you?"

The angel speaks, "Alan, you have found favor with the Lord. Now rise and hear what the Lord commands you to do"

So Alan stands up, takes out a pad of paper and pen and starts to take careful notes.

The angel speaks, "This is what the Lord wants you to do. Take your car, drive backward to the next city. There the Lord asks you to get a *** pulling guts out of chickens for 2 years. At the end on the 2nd year the Lord asks you to get in your car and drive sideways back to this city"

Alan writes down the words the angels speaks, then speaks to the angel as he finished writing the last sentence-

"...sideways back to this city...",,,ok, right I got it. I shall do all that the lord has asked of me....It shall be done"

The angel smiles at how careful Alan was to record all that the angel had said, and then speaks once more to Alan.

The angel says, "Oh by the way Alan, the truth is that Jesus is female"

Alan looks up at the angel a moment, then closes his note pad, puts things back into his pockets, turns his back to the angel and returns to what he was doing a moment before the angel had appeared.

"Bite me!"
    Alan shouts over his shoulder at the surprised angel..."And you can go tell your god to go "Bite me" too"

-End of story-

So what is the point of this story?....The point is that God can tell us to do many new things,,,God is always busy with doing God-stuff, and so I can understand the from time to time to this very day the Lord is sending out his angels to carry His word to people.

So there is no problem with God telling us to do things, even to do things we dont fully understand the reason behind and might actually seem kinda crazy to us at first.

So the angel could tell you to drive a car backward to a different city and that is ok with you Alan?
    .....Yes!

But then in the story the moment the angel tells Alan that "Jesus is female" this seems to change things?....Yes!

Why?.... Telling us to do new and different things is fine. they are fine because they dont go against what is already told us about the faith in the bible.
    But the moment the angel in the story tried to introduce a new teaching, it was a trip-wire....its how we know that the angel was actually NOT from Heaven!....

So why was it ok to ask Alan to do all kinds of crazy things, yet not ok to teach him something different about God?.....Because one thing was against what we know from the bible about the faith that was "once for all given" and the others were not.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 03-06-2014 at 01:34 AM.