Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
All works that you are capable of fulfilling and that you have knowledge of will be required of you for your salvation.
Now, do you really want me to answer this one as well?
I am sorry for you then for my salvation doesn't require me to do good works, for there is NOTHING I could do that would ever be acceptable to God."But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteous acts are as filthy rags....." Isaiah 64:6
Do you know what it means by, "filthy rags?" Not to gross anyone out but it means the rags that women used in Biblical times during their time of the month. So, according to Isaiah our righteous acts are as filthy, bloody rags to God. Do we want to present him with such disgusting gifts? I don't think so. And it was due to the shed blood of Jesus Christ and my faith and trust in Him that has given me my salvation. My place with God is ***ured. Read 1 John 5:13, it is what I cling to and can trust. I pray you can too.
As for the new member and his thread. I welcome any comments he will post if he does but as I said, his thread should have been worded in a more polite way, and that does NOT mean changing his wording to mean something else as far as calling Mormons, morons. I'd appreciate you NOT ***uming what I think, thank you. And as for my brother, yes, he's a moron for he is one of the biggest hypocrites I know. He even went so far as to agree to giving a prayer at my cousins funeral, even though he admits he doesn't believe in God. What would you call such a person?