Quote Originally Posted by Snow Patrol View Post
You don't have to clarify it any more than you have. You trust your own knowledge of what the Bible says over God's knowledge. Plain and simple.

I just find it interested that one would hold to that belief knowing that so many people have come to different conclusions on what the Bible says yet they use the same Bible to come to their beliefs. It is just interesting.
Whose knowledge wrote the Bible? Is it the word of God as the LDS creed demands it to be? If the Bible is the word of God then using it for doctrine (What you believe), for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness is reliance on God's knowledge and not on my own.. PLAIN AN SIMPLE.

I believe only what the Bible teaches.. I believe that God is one Lord (Deut 6:4, Mark 12:29). I believe that the Father is God (John 20:17). I believe that Jesus is God (John 1:1). I believe that the Holy Spirit is God (Acts 5:3-4). I believer that by holding faith in Jesus I will never die but have everlasting life (John 3:15-16). I believe that by God's grace I have been saved through Faith in Jesus and not of my works (Eph 2:8-9).. I believe I can Know I have eternal live because I believe on Jesus (1 John 5:13).

You can see those same promises. You seem to reject them by either completely rejecting them or adding to them the knowledge of your own or the knowledge of other men who you trust more than the promises of Jesus to see to it that His word never dies. His promise that He will always be with us.. Still when I believe what the Bible teaches instead of what I think it should teach you accuse me of trusting in my own knowledge.. Ask anyone if that makes sense.. IHS jim