[BigJulie;154936]Okay, God calls them gods. Glad you acknowledge that. But then you say that he denies that "Gods" exist---does he deny that "gods" exist?
The word elohim is used in 1 Kings 11:33, where it describes Chemosh "the god of Moab", or to demons, seraphim, and other supernatural beings, to the spirits of the dead brought up at the behest of King Saul in 1 Samuel 28:13, and even to kings and prophets (Exodus 4:16). Are demons gods? maybe the kings or prophets? No? Then the word is a ***le given not just to God but to power men and even devils.. God does not deny the existence of such beings.. He does however deny the existence of other Gods, Chemosh to name one (Isaiah 44:8).

And if these "rulers and magistrates exist--do they exist in the hereafter?
Have you read the whole Psalm? It clearly say that these elohims will die like men.. Why would it say that? Even though these rulers and magistrates were mortal men, death will put them back in their place.. They will die like any other man.. Will they exist is the hereafter? Yes either in glory with Jesus or in the Lake of Fire depending on their faith. Just like all other men.. These of Psalm 82 I would guess will have trouble gaining life.. Their works support disbelief..

Rev 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Why do you think Christ tells his apostles and disciples that they will receive a crown --or that he apostles will be twelve judges? Isn't that the *** of a magistrate?
Yes, why would you think it isn't?

And why does Genesis start with "elohim" then to you?
Maybe because GOD is the beginning and the end.. IHS jim