Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
Not really. I didn't know that much about Joseph Smith, when I first joined the church. I came in through the LDS prophet, at that time, Gordon B. Hinckley. He wrote a book called, "Standing for Something"...and I happened to catch some quotes from it on a political board I had been posting on (of all things). I really liked this book (I bought it on Amazon) and consequently liked Gordon Hinckley. That was the first phase. Shortly after I read Hinckley's book, I took a trip to Washington D.C. and stayed in a Marriott Hotel. I knew nothing of "Marriott", at the time. So, I unpack and open the drawer of the bed stand, to put my medication in there...and lo and behold, there is a Book of Mormon in there. I about fainted...not kidding! I thought it was probably a sign or a miracle of some kind....really, I did. *sigh* I put it in my suitcase and brought it home. I still have it. It's all highlighted with notes in the margins. I read it. Had what I thought was a real spiritual experience with it.

Then, the next "miracle" was that LDS missionaries showed up at my door, while I was reading the book. They had no idea.....
So how do you NOW explain those unlikely events? Just coincidences? The devil "arranged" for you to read and like the Hinckley book, then arranged for you stay in a Marriott, and then arranged for the missionaries to randomly knock on your door while you were reading the BOM you took with you from the hotel?