Thread: Where is the evidence that mormonism is true?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by hogan60 View Post
    Ok that's cool.
    one has to be carefull not to invest themselves too much in thinking that their on-line time is actually a ministry.
    I mean that its fine to understand that every place you go is a reflection on your life and your religion, but it does get a bit much when you think that everything you currently think should be just as important to everyone else as it is to you.

Your life and your personal ministry mean a lot to you personally,,,but little to anyone else on the internet.

But we do tend to see some people that think every word they post should be seen as being equal to scripture.
    We get people here like that many times over the years.

What happens is that they come barging into this forum and are here to set the world right.

They got a few bible verses to share, and a few books on how to present their religion to others, and they start attacking others...sometimes/many times in very personal offensive ways.

But what happens next is that the other guests simply dont react the way they were shown they should in their outreach books.
    People simply never stop bickering right back at them.

In the outreach books and websites that people use all the time, it must be written from the stand point of showing a person, step by step how to go from one view of God and salvation to a different better view of God and salvation.

The whole book is written in an "order"...step1...step 2....step3...step 4, etc.

Well, thats not how things go on-line at all !

In real life, you never actually get to step 2.

In real life, you try to go to step 2 all the time...but suddenly you have to go back to step 1 again.....only to later think you can go to step 2, but you cant, for the other person is still stuck at step 1 and that's it...end of story.

and thus...we arrive at what actually is the downfall to many here that come thinking they are here to do outreach and missions...."FRUSTRATION"

For it is the amount of frustration that get people in trouble,
    Frustration at not being able to get to step 2.
    Frustration at not getting any help from someone else when they keep running into people that will refuse to follow the "plan".

I have always approached on-line forums as just being a place where I get to flesh out my own views.
    I like to be asked questions because it gives me a chance to put down in writing the things I believe, and in doing this I tend to dig deeper into what I believe and why.

I judge my success here by seeing now how I really have deepened my understanding into the things I believe.

Over the years I have gotten a chance to write on topics I never would have dug into all that much except for here.

so yes...Perhaps I need to amend what I said at the top of this post.
    Perhaps this site is a very good place for my mission work,,,its just that the main person being helped here is not the "other guy" its myself.

I dont know how the others are doing, but I can say that I have grown while posting on the Walter Martin forum...

I cant say for sure I have seen others draw closer to Christ while here, but I can say I have.

I have no idea and no way to know for sure if anything I have ever posted on this forum has actually helped another person understand the Christian faith better or not?...

But I can say that what I have posted here has greatly helped me understand the true Christian faith, and I now have in deeper and more meaningful path that I walk.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-24-2017 at 04:54 AM.