Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
A license to sin would be the heresy known as anti-nomiansim (against the law), which has been denounced long ago.

So, at what point does continuing to sin not become a "license to sin" but rather shows that one wasn't really "born again"?

"He's accepted me and made me a child of God."

How are you ***ured of that? What evidence can we look at to confirm this?

I'm soooo glad you asked that question! Yipee

"I have written these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life."

The ***urance of eternal life comes in that moment when a person knows he's born again.
Ah, so we are supposed to just take your word for it? Where is the evidence. Where is the verifiable proof that is so well loved by BrianH that shows that you were born again?

Here, you must have forgotten about these questions.

He's given me His own Spirit to guide me and help me through this life.

If God made you a new creation, why do you still sin? And how much can you sin before God questions whether you were truly converted?

He's given me the promise of eternal life lived directly in the presence of God.

Come on Russ, you need to give the whole set of beliefs....He's given me the promise of eternal life lived as a featureless humanoid indirectly in the presence of God since God is alreay omnipresent so there is no "special" location that God exists. Aren't you living in the presence of God right now since supposedly He is living in you and all around you?