Thread: If Mitt leads the ticket?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    Alan, I was wondering what you think of Cain, now? The personal stuff about him must have been a huge disappointment...
    My views.....

Cain made this election a lot more fun.

Almost every time Cain spoke you could count on a song, or a Bible verse, or a quote picked up and played on YouTube.

so with Cain there was a lot to like in him ...''as a fun person to have at the party"

But from the start I put Cain into the same box as Ross Perot and Alan Keys...
    They are nice enough guys, but they tried to run for the White House before we knew how well they could handle a *** like this.

I wish such men would run for a State Governor or for Congress first, so we can see how they take to the *** in Washington.

Now, as for Cain's marriage problems and the other women?...I dont care about that stuff.

I am not voting for "Husband of the year"

Im voting for a guy i want to be president....I dont care what faith he is, or who he sleeps with...I dont want to get in to the personal stuff....

i think we all have a right to our personal privacy in such matters.

BUT......BUT......BUT...
    But what kind of fool is so busy for years cheating on his wife, and then decided to run for the White House?

it strikes me as about the most foolish thing for a cheating man to do...

it is so foolish, that it sorta strikes me also as a way he could "tell the wife' and confess his cheating, without having to say it first.

getting CNN to tell his wife might have seemed at the time, to be an easy way out...

So there is a type of "Self Destruct" mentality to that moment cain decided to run for President.

He HAD to know that word of his girlfriend would get out.

He HAD to know this would happen just as it happened....

I mean really....the men that never want their wives to find out about a girlfriend, keep their names out of the news as best they can.
    You lead a low-profile life when you are in the middle of cheating on your wife....

Running for president?
    thats not the smartest move.....

Libby

Yeah, I hear ya. I kind of feel the same way about Newt Gingrich. Surely, he must know, his past is going to be a big detriment in his run for the White House....and detrimental to him and his party. So, why would he even put himself in that position. He really needs to retire from politics.

Cain was much too conservative, for my tastes. But, I did like him, personally, until I found out about his cheating. That does matter, to me, because it speaks to a person's character.