Thread: The Bible Does Not Prohibit ****sexuality

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    cheachea

Quote Originally Posted by asdf View Post
    3) Paul was wrong,[/INDENT]

Are you Really saying that Paul The Apostle speaking by the Holy Spirit was wrong ?

You need to stop trying to twist the scriptures. You also need to stop trying to justify people's sins. Sodom and Gomorrah were Completely Destroyed for Sodomy and Sexual Sins . They are Suffering the vengeance of Eternal Fire.

* Jude 1:7
    as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given Themselves over to SEXUAL IMMORALITY and gone after Strange Flesh, are set forth as an Example, SUFFERING The VENGEANCE of ETERNAL FIRE.

If you love someone you tell them the Truth. Telling them the Truth is the most loving thing you can do. If they don't repent then they will Not inherit the Kingdom of God. If they don't repent then they are proving that they Love there Sin more then they love God.

asdf

Quote Originally Posted by cheachea View Post
    Are you Really saying that Paul The Apostle speaking by the Holy Spirit was wrong ?
    No. I said that I am more able to entertain the possibility that Paul the Apostle was wrong than I am to entertain the possibility that all GLBT people are inherently doomed and hated by God.

You need to stop trying to twist the scriptures.
    I am doing nothing of the sort. I am attempting to understand the scriptures, when a naive, face-value reading conflicts with objective reality—just like I try to understand the scriptures when a naive, face-value reading tells me that God approves of the theft of others' labor (slavery), the subjugation of women, and a geocentric, flat-earth view of the cosmos.

You also need to stop trying to justify people's sins.
    I am doing nothing of the sort. My gay and lesbian friends' iden***y and attractional orientation is no more a sin than my iden***y and attractional orientation towards my wife.

Sodom and Gomorrah were Completely Destroyed for Sodomy and Sexual Sins .
    I'm afraid you're mistaken.

Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
    Ezekiel 16.49-50

According to the text, the Sodomites made egregious violations of the Ancient Near Eastern hospitality codes—up to and including attempting to gang-rape strangers.

To attempt to cl***ify my gay friends' love and commitment to their life-partners in the same category as gang-rape is offensive anti-reality.

If you love someone you tell them the Truth. Telling them the Truth is the most loving thing you can do. If they don't repent then they will Not inherit the Kingdom of God. If they don't repent then they are proving that they Love there Sin more then they love God.
    Telling my friends that their devotion, their strength in adversity, their other-serving, other-preferring, peacemaking, life-affirming love is something to be repented of is the height of unTruth.

"Against such things there is no law".

cheachea

asdf you need to repent. ****sexuals Will NOT Inherit The Kingdom of God. I'm not trying to be a bigot or mean or anything like that. I'm just telling you what the Holy Spirit has said to us in the Scriptures. Romans 1:28-32 applies to you in this situation.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a Debased Mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, Sexual Immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 [who, knowing the Righteous Judgment of God, that those who Practice such things are Deserving of Death, Not Only Do the Same But Also APPROVE Of Those Who Practice Them.]

* asdf I don't trust anything you say. You are listening to deceiving demons . Just Stop. You should warn people to repent of there sins instead of just laying down and dying.

Jet

What is th... I don't even...

asdf

asdf you need to repent. ****sexuals Will NOT Inherit The Kingdom of God. I'm not trying to be a bigot or mean or anything like that. I'm just telling you what the Holy Spirit has said to us in the Scriptures. Romans 1:28-32 applies to you in this situation.

(...)

* asdf I don't trust anything you say. You are listening to deceiving demons . Just Stop. You should warn people to repent of there sins instead of just laying down and dying.
    Well you've certainly made up in bluster and condemnation what you lack in reading comprehension and ability to even pretend to address my posts, I'll grant you that.

cheachea

Well you've certainly made up in bluster and condemnation what you lack in reading comprehension and ability to even pretend to address my posts, I'll grant you that.

Do you Approve of there Sin ?

asdf

Do you Approve of there Sin ?
    No.

(Haven't you been reading anything I've written?)

alanmolstad

No.

(Haven't you been reading anything I've written?)
    You wrote something?

asdf

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    You wrote something?
    Arguably so.