Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Cyber Stalking

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    I think scientists pretty much back up my own belief that God didn't create a global flood to kill off most of his creation.
    So you don't believe that anyone was killed in the flood?

Libby

I believe Genesis...but, I don't believe it literally. I think it is metaphorical.

Libby

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    So you don't believe that anyone was killed in the flood?
    I don't even know if there was a flood. If there was, it likely wasn't global.

Enough for tonight.

Goodnight!

Billyray

I don't even know if there was a flood.
    As I have stated before the way I see your position is that you have made up a god in your mind and how he should act then you reject the sections of scripture that doesn't go along with your made up god. You use what ever means necessary to throw out those sections of scripture.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    LOL....the Bible is inerrant because the Bible says so.

That's James' philosophy. Very circular.
    Because God says so.. And that reasoning you call circular. May He forgive you. IHS jim

James Banta

That's the main problem with "holy books" telling you they are from God. I don't think any one holy book is completely from God, completely void of error creeping in from man, because men wrote them and men are far from perfect.

The LDS are correct about needing the spirit of discernment (the Holy Spirit) to establish truth from error. That is true for books and all things.
    So, what you feel is a much better measure of truth then what God has already explained.. So to say "I know it's true because I have a feeling that it is" is more correct than to trust Jesus when He said the He us the Truth.. And that isn't circular thinking? WOW Unbelievable..

To believe the lies of men that has said that errors have been inserted into the text of the scripture is to deny the promises of God.. The only want you can really believe that God never made such a promise is to dent the deity of Jesus.. That is the mark of a nonbeliever a nonchristian.. IHS jim

Libby

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Because God says so.. And that reasoning you call circular. May He forgive you. IHS jim
    You are pulling a "Billy" with that kind of reasoning. You think, just because someone doesn't agree with your line of thinking, that they are disagreeing with GOD, himself. That is very faulty rationale.

Billyray

You think, just because someone doesn't agree with your line of thinking, that they are disagreeing with GOD, himself. That is very faulty rationale.
    You are disagreeing with God because you throw out his word based on your own feelings, scientists, and any other excuse that you make up simply because your made up god wouldn't do what God has given to us in the Bible.

Libby

You are disagreeing with God because you throw out his word based on your own feelings, scientists, and any other excuse that you make up simply because your made up god wouldn't do what God has given to us in the Bible.
    No, I do not "throw out HIS words" and I do not "disagree with GOD".

Billyray

No, I do not "throw out HIS words" and I do not "disagree with GOD".
    Sure you do and I have showed you that you have but you are in denial.

Libby

Sure you do and I have showed you that you have but you are in denial.
    No, you haven't. You have given me your opinion, just as I have given you mine.

Billyray

No, you haven't.
    Sure I have. I have repeatedly shown you that you throw out the Bible when it disagrees with what you think God should or should not do. This is nothing more that making up your own god in your own mind.

Libby

Sure I have. I have repeatedly shown you that you throw out the Bible when it disagrees with what you think God should or should not do. This is nothing more that making up your own god in your own mind.
    You must have been looking at your own posts, when you wrote that!

Billyray

You must have been looking at your own posts, when you wrote that!
    I can go over sections of the Bible to prove what I said was true. Is that what you want me to do?

James Banta

You are pulling a "Billy" with that kind of reasoning. You think, just because someone doesn't agree with your line of thinking, that they are disagreeing with GOD, himself. That is very faulty rationale.
    This is why I just quote the scripture.. I allow the Holy Spirit to teach the meaning.. I can't count all the time I have done just that and had LDS and other nonbelievers such as you tell me that my interpretation is wrong.. This is what you are doing here calling my reasoning that come directly from the scripture without any slant to it at all faulty.. My reasoning is that there is one God (Isaiah 43:10, Luke 12:29). My reasoning is that all who believe in HIM, Not is some man made creation no matter how close that creation looks like HIM is saved (John 3:15-16, 1 John 5:13). I will not interpret these p***ages they need no explanation.. IHS jim

Libby

I allow the Holy Spirit to teach the meaning..
    So do I. I think there is a reason we don't always get the same answers. God gives us what we need (and can understand) at any given time. Really, the only thing that matters is our love of God and others, bottom line.

Billyray

So do I. I think there is a reason we don't always get the same answers.
    Because Christians believe the Bible and you do not.

Libby

Because Christians believe the Bible and you do not.
    I believe the Bible, just not your interpretation of it.

You reject parts of it, yourself, if it doesn't agree with your Calvinist views.

Billyray

Was there a flood like the Bible speaks about?

Billyray

1 Samuel 15:3
    Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.'"

Do you believe this part of the Bible?

Billyray

Exodus 11
    4 So Moses said, “This is what the Lord says: ‘About midnight I will go throughout Egypt. 5 Every firstborn son in Egypt will die, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the firstborn son of the female slave, who is at her hand mill, and all the firstborn of the cattle as well.

Billyray

Romans 9
    13 Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”

James Banta

Namecalling is against the rules.
    Sure is but that didn't stop your friends from starting it did it? IHS jim

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    He knows.

That's the test of character, right? When you know what is right and wrong and you do right even when nobody is watching.

James seems to be of the at***ude that since Jill hasn't been around to slap everyone's wrists for breaking rules then he will simply join in and break them too.

He justifies it.

Character and integrity are not adjectives I use when describing James.
    You are one that started the name calling.. I have always said it accomplishes nothing and still you called me a liar.. I reported you and your post was deleted but you remained.. Yeah that upset me.. It shouldn't have but it did.. Si I raged against you fior some of your out and out false statements and personal attacks on me.. I am done and sorry for allowing my flesh to rule over the spirit who live within me.. You may of course continue.. IHS jim

Libby

Romans 9
    13 Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”

What, exactly, am I supposed to believe about your "proof text", Billy? That God is a "hater"?

If you believe God hates, I feel sorry for you.