Thread: Repentance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sir

Quote Originally Posted by jdjhere View Post
    Sir stated: So according to JD's interpretation of the Bible, to think of a sin is the same as to act on it. There is no difference in gravity or severity.

I never said this. Sin is sin. If we have ANY sin we are not worthy to be with an infinitely Holy, Righteous, Just and Good God and are also worthy of death. If we even look at a woman with lust in our heart then we are guilty of impure thoughts and we have committed adultery IN OUR HEARTS. If we actually ACT IT OUT, then we are setting ourselves up for even MORE problems (venereal diseases, breakups of families, lying, etc...) so I DO believe that some sins are worse in Gods eyes than others but it doesn't matter because if we have the LEAST LITTLE STAIN of sin we are guilty and not worthy. That is the point Jesus was trying to make in His example of even looking at a woman with lust in your heart... we are guilty guilty guilty... and His Blood keeps on cleansing us from all sin and no one comes to the Father but by Him.
    So you agree that some sins are worse/ more severe than others.

I can agree with this.

Okay.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    So you agree that some sins are worse/ more severe than others.

I can agree with this.

Okay.
    All sin is just that sin.. One is just as serious as the other.. All sin brings one punishment DEATH.. Just which sins are greater than the others? A person found guilty of any of then before the judgement seat of God will be guilty of all sin even denial of the Holy Spirit and there will never be any forgiveness.. Look at Rev 21:8 tell me is unbelieving, or lying less of a sin than murder or adultery? They are all listed together with one punishment.. You have to show through the Bible that son differs in severity.. I don't think you can show that it does.. IHS jim

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    All sin is just that sin.. One is just as serious as the other.. All sin brings one punishment DEATH.. Just which sins are greater than the others? A person found guilty of any of then before the judgement seat of God will be guilty of all sin even denial of the Holy Spirit and there will never be any forgiveness.. Look at Rev 21:8 tell me is unbelieving, or lying less of a sin than murder or adultery? They are all listed together with one punishment.. You have to show through the Bible that son differs in severity.. I don't think you can show that it does.. IHS jim
    One of your own here disagrees with you, James.

Does that mean he is a pagan and UNchristian?

I'm fine if you want to believe that thinking of stealing an ice cream cone is the same exact severity of sin as the guy that just murdered 26 people in CT.

Rational and logical people know that there is indeed a difference.

Even our fallen mortal natures understand that some crimes are greater than others and people are judges accordingly.

But you make my point once again. People that believe the thought of a sin is just as severe as the act of the sin, are more likely to just act on it since there isn't a difference in their minds.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    One of your own here disagrees with you, James.

Does that mean he is a pagan and UNchristian?

I'm fine if you want to believe that thinking of stealing an ice cream cone is the same exact severity of sin as the guy that just murdered 26 people in CT.

Rational and logical people know that there is indeed a difference.

Even our fallen mortal natures understand that some crimes are greater than others and people are judges accordingly.

But you make my point once again. People that believe the thought of a sin is just as severe as the act of the sin, are more likely to just act on it since there isn't a difference in their minds.
    I have spoken to all of them that you think disagree.. While they see the conditions mormonism teaching as imperatives for repentance as the way they would really love to live, they disagree that living a life without the flesh and sin coming out in our thoughts and action is possible as long as we live in this body of death.. Not one of us want to sin.. It been said many times that all we need to do is say we believe in Jesus and we can then sen all we want.. That isn't quite true. Those of us that truly believe sin much more then we want.. What I see in the LDS is sinners that ignore their sin.. Therefore they say that they just don't sin.. I saw one of my brothers here tell us all the truth.. He has well over 1,000 sins committed BEFORE BREAKFAST.. He knows His place before a Holy God.. The LDS don't seem to understand they are in that same place as we concerning sin.. IHS jim