Thread: The Gift of Tongues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MacG

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    One of the most overlooked gifts of the Church body is the gift of decernment. I don't know why I have it, but my guess is my openness to accepting the truth or not of the practice of speaking in tongues.
    It was when I came up with the technical process to prove or dis-prove the ability to speak and or interrupt tongues.
    As of this date I have not had one single P/C church or individual accept my offer to put them to the test.
    I can't blame them, I wouldn not want to be put to the test of decernment.
    A little more DA:

"It was when I came up with the technical process to prove or dis-prove the ability to speak and or interrupt tongues."

I had thought of discernment but was not aware the a spiritual gift was a technical process...

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by MacG View Post
    A little more DA:

"It was when I came up with the technical process to prove or dis-prove the ability to speak and or interrupt tongues."

I had thought of discernment but was not aware the a spiritual gift was a technical process...
    What comes after an event is when you can use modern technical process. Something the early church didn't have.
    Remember it is all Biblical because we are allowed to try the spirit.

MacG

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    What comes after an event is when you can use modern technical process. Something the early church didn't have.
    Remember it is all Biblical because we are allowed to try the spirit.

I guess I do no tunderstand what technical process you are referring to. Will you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by MacG View Post
    I guess I do no tunderstand what technical process you are referring to. Will you elaborate?
    Somewhat related, this thing crossed my mind not too long a ago MG. Back in the NT times for instance, they didn’t have modern forms of retrieving and recording. The best they could hope for when say they were about to judge a prophesy within Church, they could only do so based upon the spirit of the message and fragmented messages. Lest they were more numerous and smaller.

If Paul were transposed to us today, would he again say “all things are lawful for me”, including the use of voice recorders?

God bless.

But, would like to hear H's insight too.