Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Not for the Humor-Impared (part 2)

RealFakeHair

I think there should be one thing always to remember. We should not take anything here personal, I don't and never will.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    I was simply responding to her post, Jim. If you don't like me telling your wife to be careful while posting here since she stated her previous posting here caused her health issues, so be it. Kind of weird, but okay.

Wow, James. See what I mean about taking everything personally? My comments were general and here you are ranting about personally attacking your wife. You guys are definitely a good match! You take people's comments and personalize them and get upset. Go chill out, man.
    Your comments were pointed right at my wife for allowing her BP to be effected by outside stimuli.. It was not a general statement at all and saying so is skirting the truth.. Maybe you don't see your place as your wife's protector, I do.. At this time I feel sorry for your wife.. IHS jim

James Banta

To answer this question: Well, because I wrote "I am very secure in my beliefs and I understand that those who attack the church do so out of ignorance, or anger, or simply from a demonic spirit." Notice I didn't say "neverending" specifically? I refer to anybody that attacks the church. But you did exactly the thing I spoke about, took it personally, became angry, and went off on your typical tirades of old.

So sue me.
    I understand that you say this now but at the time your comments were very personal..

One thing I am glad to see it that instead of pointing at you or any other LDS here our comments are pointed at mormonism and not mormons.. IHS jim

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Your comments were pointed right at my wife for allowing her BP to be effected by outside stimuli.. It was not a general statement at all and saying so is skirting the truth.. Maybe you don't see your place as your wife's protector, I do.. At this time I feel sorry for your wife.. IHS jim
    That's silly. Your wife said posting here didn't help her BP. I responded to that.

You don't need to feel sorry for my wife. She is happy, protected, secure, and doesn't have to worry about her husband running off with another woman.

Sir

I understand that you say this now but at the time your comments were very personal..

One thing I am glad to see it that instead of pointing at you or any other LDS here our comments are pointed at mormonism and not mormons.. IHS jim
    So when your wife said last night I was a liar and that there is no truth found in any Mormon, that was pointed at Mormonism, not Mormons, right?

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    I think there should be one thing always to remember. We should not take anything here personal, I don't and never will.
    I agree.

Good advice for a happier and healthier life.

James Banta

I agree.

Good advice for a happier and healthier life.

And here both of you Christian and mormon agrees that all people are the same and no one has a different temperament. Not everyone can set personal attacks aside.. Some people carry their hearts closer to the surface and personal attacks hurt them especially when someone making them knows nothing about their life or struggles.. I see a lack of comp***ion here that I didn't expect from you RFH.. I will defend my wife against all comers. IHS jim

RealFakeHair

And here both of you Christian and mormon agrees that all people are the same and no one has a different temperament. Not everyone can set personal attacks aside.. Some people carry their hearts closer to the surface and personal attacks hurt them especially when someone making them knows nothing about their life or struggles.. I see a lack of comp***ion here that I didn't expect from you RFH.. I will defend my wife against all comers. IHS jim
    I thought that was comp***ion advice, but I can't win them all. I just wish my temperament was better when it came to my driving.

James Banta

That's silly. Your wife said posting here didn't help her BP. I responded to that.

You don't need to feel sorry for my wife. She is happy, protected, secure, and doesn't have to worry about her husband running off with another woman.
    Stop posting to things you know nothing about.. Leave her out of your attacks.. Go back to attacking my morality. I can take it though you can't defend you right to make such attacks.. Leave those that have physical problems out of your sites.. Go back to accusing those Jesus dies to cleanse that suits you much better siding with the accuser of the brethren.. IHS jim

James Banta

Yeah.....you're definitely not angry.....or irrational....

Kind of sad, actually.
    Just stop attacking my wife.. She has done nothing to you.. You are now interfering in my marriage and I demand that you not mix in.. Just let it go.. I have told My wife the same thing so don't feel picked on.. IHS jim

James Banta

wait.....

Here's my questions: Is your lack of kindness a carry-over from when you were a Mormon 33 years ago? Or is this lack of kindness part of what we can expect to be like if we embrace your type of "Christianity"?
    Would you believe me if I told you that she is her father's daughter who was very, very, mormon.. You most likely set that aside.. I guess there are no solid LDS people that allow their tempers to rule their actions? No that would never happen.. Yeah right.. IHS jim

Sir

The only thing that has been said about your wife and her blood pressure is that if it gets high because of things she reads here, probably better to not read things here.

Good advice I think.

The only reason we know about your wife's blood pressure is because she brought it up and told us about it.

You and your wife see that as personally attacking and lacking comp***ion.

I don't think anyone else does because it doesn't make sense to see it that way.

Sir

Just stop attacking my wife.. She has done nothing to you.. You are now interfering in my marriage and I demand that you not mix in.. Just let it go.. I have told My wife the same thing so don't feel picked on.. IHS jim
    Hey Jimmy,

As valiant and noble as you are trying to be, you have lost sight of the fact it is actually your wife who is doing the personal attacking going on verbal rampages. I am simply responding to that.

Sir

Stop posting to things you know nothing about.. Leave her out of your attacks.. IHS jim
    I posted about her blood pressure. I know about it because SHE BROUGHT IT UP.

I post about your adultery. I know about it because YOU BROUGHT IT UP.

If you guys find the mention of those things as personal attacks, maybe you shouldn't bring them up for discussion. But to get mad when I respond to those things is pretty silly.

neverending

Sir,
    I will say it again, you are a liar if nothing said here bothers you. Evidently it does or you wouldn't have made this comment. So, how about getting back to why we're here, to compare Mormonism with Christianity, not tearing people down personally, where does that get anyone?
    As I said yesterday, I do think there have been some doctrinal changes made to Mormonism since I left it. The temple ceremony for one where the blood oaths were removed. Sir, why was that? And why wasn't there a revelation announced that changes were to be made. From what I know, the ceremony was never to be changed or altered. "Ordinances insti tuted in the heavens before the foundation of the world, in the priesthood, for the salvation of men, are not to be altered or changed." (TPJS, 308) To me this is confusing for what was supposed to be ordained by God are not how He wanted them now. How can this be? Can you see where trying to understand Mormonism is full of so many conflicting doctrines and very difficult to keep track of? God is NOT the author of confusion. For it says in 1 Cor.14:33, "For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints."

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post
    Sir,
    I will say it again, you are a liar if nothing said here bothers you. Evidently it does or you wouldn't have made this comment.
    Okay, call me a liar.

So, how about getting back to why we're here, to compare Mormonism with Christianity, not tearing people down personally, where does that get anyone?
    So where did calling me a liar get you? I mean, you try to tear me down personally and then in the next sentence call for peace.

That's why I point out these things. No, it isn't to personally attack. It is to show the hypocrisy and twisted double-standards that Anti-LDS have to engage in in order to try and make some sense. But then because of the twisted nature of duplicity, no sense is made at all.

As I said yesterday, I do think there have been some doctrinal changes made to Mormonism since I left it. The temple ceremony for one where the blood oaths were removed. Sir, why was that? And why wasn't there a revelation announced that changes were to be made. From what I know, the ceremony was never to be changed or altered. "Ordinances insti tuted in the heavens before the foundation of the world, in the priesthood, for the salvation of men, are not to be altered or changed." (TPJS, 308) To me this is confusing for what was supposed to be ordained by God are not how He wanted them now. How can this be? Can you see where trying to understand Mormonism is full of so many conflicting doctrines and very difficult to keep track of? God is NOT the author of confusion. For it says in 1 Cor.14:33, "For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints."
    Go start a thread and see what replies you get.

This thread is dedicated to another topic.

This message is hidden because Sir/Apollos is on your ignore list.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Sir,
    I will say it again, you are a liar if nothing said here bothers you. Evidently it does or you wouldn't have made this comment. So, how about getting back to why we're here, to compare Mormonism with Christianity, not tearing people down personally, where does that get anyone?
    There is one Mormon over on another site claiming that Satan is a real god. This might explain who is the "author" of Mormon confusion.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    Good grief!

Even when nobody was talking to you, you come to this forum and tell me you are ignoring me.

That is definitely a sign of something psychologically wrong with you.

Not to mention you have to type that message out each time, which proves you are not only NOT ignoring me, but you are stalking me to tell me you are ignoring me.

I hope when I am 68 I won't be so needy to seek attention from online strangers.
    Last edited by Sir; 11-29-2013 at 01:32 PM.

neverending

Okay, call me a liar.

So where did calling me a liar get you? I mean, you try to tear me down personally and then in the next sentence call for peace.

That's why I point out these things. No, it isn't to personally attack. It is to show the hypocrisy and twisted double-standards that Anti-LDS have to engage in in order to try and make some sense. But then because of the twisted nature of duplicity, no sense is made at all.

Go start a thread and see what replies you get.

This thread is dedicated to another topic.

Hey, sorry to have stepped on your toes. I was only asking a question.

Hey, sorry to have stepped on your toes. I was only asking a question.
    I wouldn't appologize. Mormons do lie every time they propagate the lies of Joseph Smith!

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    I wouldn't appologize. Mormons do lie every time they propagate the lies of Joseph Smith!
    If you're going to chime in with insults, at least get the conversation straight.

She apologized for going off-topic, not for calling me a liar.

Silly Apologette!!!!

Now run along and ignore me and everyone else that disagrees with you! LOL

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    And now back to the original topic of the thread: We have breaking news--another fascinating example of Cram's stellar, fair moderating:
    ==========================================
    Dear NRA-Jeff,

You have received an infraction at Christian Discussion Forums | CARM Christian Forums | Christian Chat.

Reason: Rule 12: Insulted Other Member(s). Attacking users. Rule 25: Freedom of Speech: Freedom of speech here comes with the responsibility to speak decently within the parameters of the rules.By registering you are agreeing not to be vulgar, divisive,insulting,profane, etc. (read all the rules). It helps to try and treat others as you want to be treated. Send alerts, do not attempt to moderate posters (Luke 6:31)
    -------
    Rule 12: Insulted Other Member(s). Attacking users.
    -------

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

=============================================

This is what happened: They had suspended a pro-LDS poster. Coincidentally, they also suspended BrianH about the same time (Brian getting suspended is a miracle, I know, right?)

Anyway, Andy, aka SeerOne, aka 'the holy Christian' posted:

Original Post:
    http://forums.carm.org/vbb/showthread.php?p=4993978
    I see someone greatly needs our prayers because he has been suspended again,
    so I pray the LORD uses this time to soften his heart and open his eyes to see the falsehood of Mormonism and the Truth of Jesus, the Christ.....Amen

All I did was quote Andy's post, and right after he said

"I see someone greatly needs our prayers because he has been suspended again," I said:

Yeah, I, too, noticed that Brian got suspended again.

That was all. Somehow, in the 'fevered imagination' of the moderator, that was an attack or insult on Andy??

Weird. It would be interesting to psycho****yze the moderators and figure out what reasoning they use to determine what is and isn't an attack.
    that's awesome!!!

Here's another I just got today.

Here's the setup: a poster wrote in every post "shake shake shake, I'm shaking the dust from my feet of you." He wrote it a dozen times. So wrote "Dude, do you have Parkinsons?" His reply and then my reply to him, which got me the "notification"

Dear Apollos,

You have received a warning at Christian Discussion Forums | CARM Christian Forums | Christian Chat.

Reason:
    -------
    Rule 22: Divisive/Inflammatory Don't waste the time of the board participants by intentionally being divisive. http://carm.org/forum-rules

and accuse others falsely, such as accuse others of mocking when there was none. I read through the OP and there was no mockery in it, or double standard.
    -------

Original Post:
    http://forums.carm.org/vbb/showthread.php?p=5018775

Quote Originally Posted by FNAJBAYBAY! View Post

No, dude, I'm obeying Jesus and shaking the dust from my feet (in electronically composed virtual writeality) as I depart from one who did not receive His love and instead mocked me. Sort of like you are now. It's one of those 'biblical things' m'man. At some point, dude, you gotta just let it go.

At least theway was way funnier than you.............dude.
    Hey, that's clever! You claimed to shake the dust off your feet of those who mock you, while mocking those people you are shaking the dust from your feet.

That's the typical Anti-LDS mindset of hypocrisy and double-standards, but fun to watch in action every time! Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow. All the best,
    Christian Discussion Forums | CARM Christian Forums | Christian Chat
    Yep, I pointed out the hypocrisy of his mocking me and shaking the dust from his feet against people that mock him, and pointed out such is the anti-LDS mindset, and VOILA!!

nrajeffreturns

Yep, I pointed out the hypocrisy of his mocking me and shaking the dust from his feet against people that mock him, and pointed out such is the anti-LDS mindset, and VOILA!!
    Yes, I followed that thread. It happened like you said. In Cram's defense, lately the mod has handed out to me only 5-point violations instead of the usual 10 or 20-point ones.