Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
Oh, so sad Apollogette.

As having gone to the temple many times, what I have learned is that the temple covenants are a gift that if lived improve your life. I know this with a surety. Those who try to discredit it have not experienced the joy and peace ***ociated with it.

God is a ritualistic God. He always has been. You can see it with the sacrifice of animals in the beginning. You can see it with baptisms and Sacrament today. I believe He does this because we are not only spiritual beings, but physical beings. By attaching a physical ritual to a spiritual covenant, it helps us connect our physical bodies to our spiritual desires.

Going to the temple may, at first, seem different--because we are not used to being taught in such a deep ritualistic way. But I have learned and discovered for myself that it is one of the greatest gifts given to us by the Savior. Anyone who goes to the temple faithfully and lives by the covenants made therein will have a better life, will experience more joy, have more peace and be closer to God. I know this because I have lived it.
Julie,
May I ask what year it was when you first went to the temple?