Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fall from grace

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    I beg your pardon. Paul exempted Abraham from those works--for the reason Abraham did not live under the Mosaic Law:
    Yet Abraham is mentioned smack dab in the middle of the p***age so this section is not specifically about the Mosaic law.

Can you point out where "Paul exempted Abraham from those works" and tell me what on earth you are talking about when you say this?

Billyray

Genesis 26:4-5---King James Version (KJV)

4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.
    Go ahead and list the commandments that Abraham kept.

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post---Genesis 26:4-5---King James Version (KJV)

4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Go ahead and list the commandments that Abraham kept.
    No. The fact that Abraham received of God's grace due to his obedience to Christ is sufficient to deem your theology--and faith alone theology--- false, at once.

Billyray

No. The fact that Abraham received of God's grace due to his obedience to Christ is sufficient to deem your theology--and faith alone theology--- false, at once.
    So you don't have any idea any of the commandments that Abraham received from God?

Billyray

Your answer is a perfect example of the deceptive behaviors that are found in the secular book "Spy the Lie". Your first deceptive behavior is avoiding answering my question. Your second deceptive behavior is changing to subject and attacking the questioner. What a perfect example in just one short sentence.

Billyray

Paul exempted Abraham from those works--for the reason Abraham did not live under the Mosaic Law
    Was Moses required to keep any of the commandments that were given under the Law such as the 10 commandments?

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View PostNo. The fact that Abraham received of God's grace due to his obedience to Christ is sufficient to deem your theology--and faith alone theology--- false, at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    So you don't have any idea any of the commandments that Abraham received from God?
    The scriptures stating that Abraham received of God's grace due to His obedience has nothing to do with my ideas:

The scriptures stating that Abraham received of God's grace due to His obedience has nothing to do with my ideas:

What's the matter, berrie. Lost your platform against grace over on CARM? How about your strange, wicked belief that Satan is a real god? You are on ignore because you are basically nothing but a TROLL! Furthermore, I would suggest that all Christians here put this character on ignore. He has tried to disrupt almost all the Christian posts on CARM with repe***ive posting of out of context Bible verses. This character has a special hatred for the doctrines of grace, and furthermore has taught many times on CARM that Satan is a real god. When asked how Satan became a god according to Mormon exaltation beliefs, this character has avoided answering - simply accusing Paul of being a polytheist. Do yourself a favor and have nothing to do with this Mormon's invasion here. He is out to bring down the board, and CARM as well. Ignore is the best recourse for those, like dberrie, who don't engage in dialogue but simply want to propagate a particular false view of the Bible. The Scripture tells us to have nothing to do with the wicked works of darkness!
    Last edited by Apologette; 01-04-2014 at 11:45 AM.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post---The scriptures stating that Abraham received of God's grace due to His obedience has nothing to do with my ideas:

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    What's the matter, berrie. Lost your platform against grace over on CARM?
    I believe you are aware that CARM is down? I could never lose my platform against the faith alone theology of God giving His salvational grace without any acts of obedience to Jesus Christ--it is Biblical:

Hebrews 5:9---King James Version (KJV)

9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Why do the faith alone reject what the scriptures teach--that God gives His salvational grace to them that obey Him? Because it defies faith alone theology?

How about your strange, wicked belief that Satan is a real god?
    I suppose you will have to take that up with Paul:

2 Corinthians 4:4---King James Version (KJV)

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.