Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 facts

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    So, he is the guy who took it upon himself to determine what was inspired and what wasn't, but he himself had no direct communication from God. Pretty scary to base your beliefs on him then--as he could be wrong....if it was, as you seem to believe, just his best guess.
    Unlike your founding Prophet, Jerome did not think of himself a greater work than Jesus Christ. Jerome, saw a need, and without a dreaming up a lie like your Founding Prophet lied all the way through his conquest of power, money and women, and most of all young girls. There is nothing in Jerome's history of corruption like your Founding Prophet Joseph Smith jr.
    So give me common man like Jerome over the self-centered egotist lying SOB, skirt chasing adulterer, Joseph Smith jr.
    Can I get an Amen, anybody?

Big julie posted:
    Originally Posted by BillyrayBigJ that statement is such a joke. You have been shown over and over again how you don't believe what the Bible says and then you have the nerve to say that.

....spoken like a true Pharisee.

Or like a true CHRISTIAN who has refuted you time and time again. . .

(In other words, you have refuted me only in your mind, just as the Pharisees believed they refuted Christ by what they believed the Bible said--because they did not see what He did. But James does not stand up for what he believes, but rather bears false witness again and again against another's beliefs, regardless of how many times he has been corrected.)

You are NOT Christ and Billyray did not claim to have refuted Christ. HE REFUTED YOU. Your false comparisons demonstrate the desperation in your attempt to dismiss what he has said. Your fantasies about 'false witness. . .against [your] beliefs demonstrate the fact that you cannot face the EVIDENCE AGAINST YOUR FALSE RELIGION so you hide in fantasies instead.

<snip>

And I must admit, when I stand up for what I know here, it feels like there are many who stand in wait to cast stones. In a very small way, I can understand what it means to know truth by the power of the Holy Ghost and be rebuked for it.

So far you have not demonstrated a SHRED OF EVIDENCE that YOU have any relationship with the Holy Ghost, OR that you have responded to HIS REBUKE OF YOU. Instead you demonstrate only rebellion against GOD and HIS PEOPLE, us CHRISTIANS.

Your colors are showing. . .

James Banta

I have provided ample evidence--you have ignored it. Anyone who wants the proof can go back on read on the subjects that have already been discussed ample times and in which you were part of or privy to the conversation. Your rejection of my proof is does not mean I did not provide any.

And James, don't kid yourself believing that you teach the word. You dig up what you perceive as dirt and then you call it teaching the word. It is not.
    Is that what I have done? Does the LDS church not use anything they can find in the scriptures, and the teaching of Joseph Smith that tends to support the present teachings of the LDS church? What they have done is cherry picked what Smith taught.. The facts are that He did teach that there are three Gods for this world. That polygamy is the highest form of marriage. That God Himself is a polygamist. That Smith himself will be the final judge on whether a person will be allowed to enter God's highest heaven. Each of the ten teaching I have listed here, those 10 uniquely LDS doctrines are from Smith or one of his successors that the LDS church believe are prophets seers and revaltors. They are all outside the teaching of God found in the Bible. They all add complexity to the simplicity of God's truth. They are all false, they have no scriptural foundation.. They are the shifting sand of man invented religion..

I am not here to insult you or anyone.. I am here to point to Jesus on the cross. To help your eyes open to all that God has done to bring you to Himself. If you would open up to Him He would save you and make you his own. Without Jesus adding you to His Church, you will be eternally Lost.. IHS jim
    Last edited by James Banta; 05-06-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Is that what I have done? Does the LDS church not use anything they can find in the scriptures, and the teaching of Joseph Smith that tends to support the present teachings of the LDS church? What they have done is cherry picked what Smith taught.. The facts are that He did teach that there are three Gods for this world. That polygamy is the highest form of marriage. That God Himself is a polygamist. That He is the final judge on whether a person will be allowed to enter God's highest heaven. Each of the ten teaching I have listed here, those 10 uniquely LDS doctrines are from Smith or one of his successors that the LDS church believe are prophets seers and revaltors. They are all outside the teaching of God found in the Bible. They all add complexity to the simplicity of God's truth. They are all false, they have no scriptural foundation.. They are the shifting sand of man invented religion..

I am not here to insult you or anyone.. I am here to point to Jesus on the cross. To help your eyes open to all that God has done to bring you to Himself. If you would open up to Him He would save you and make you his own. Without Jesus adding you to His Church, you will be eternally Lost.. IHS jim
    The only thing you have made clear to me James is that you are not vested in truth, but only wish to grandstand with your own imaginations. Those who wish to know what I truly believe can seek out Mormon sources on the web and learn from them. Then you can see where James tells the truth, where he bends the truth, and where he out and out gives falsehoods.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

neverending

The only thing you have made clear to me James is that you are not vested in truth, but only wish to grandstand with your own imaginations. Those who wish to know what I truly believe can seek out Mormon sources on the web and learn from them. Then you can see where James tells the truth, where he bends the truth, and where he out and out gives falsehoods.
    More evading Julie? Why don't YOU go and look up what James has posted over and over and prove him wrong? I know I and James and many Christians here would love to see what you had to say then? I know full well what Mormonism teaches. I've studied your Church History, have read books by prominent LDS leaders and Historians and McConkie's book, "Mormon Doctrine". Goodness, just reading McConkie's book tells anyone ALL the doctrines your church teaches. Have you even ventured to read anything about your churches history? What of the JS Papers? Do you only swallow what comes out of the mouth of your self imposed prophet or Bishop? It's ok to do your own thinking.

James Banta

Falsehoods? I have shown you where Smith taught these doctrines teaching his church from the pulpit, in conference of the church within the shadow of the temple.. Was Smith a liar as you accuse me of being? I have only taught what the Bible teaches for doctrine, and shown how your church has failed to aligned it's self with those teachings. Example: The Bible teaches that ALL Church leaders are to be "...blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly. For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not self willed, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre; But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate; Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers. (***us 1:6-9) How does Smith stack up with those requirements? Let's look.

God is in the still small voice. In all these affidavits, indictments, it is all of the devil--all corruption. Come on! ye prosecutors! ye false swearers! All hell, boil over! Ye burning mountains, roll down your lava! for I will come out on the top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet. You know my daily walk and conversation. I am in the bosom of a virtuous and good people. How I do love to hear the wolves howl! When they can get rid of me, the devil will also go. For the last three years I have a record of all my acts and proceedings, for I have kept several good, faithful, and efficient clerks in constant employ; they have accompanied me everywhere, and carefully kept my history, and they have written down what I have done, where I have been, and what I have said; therefore my enemies cannot charge me with any day, time, or place, but what I have written testimony to prove my actions; and my enemies cannot prove anything against me. They have got wonderful things in the land of Ham. I think the grand jury have strained at a gnat and swallowed the camel. (History of the Church Vol. 6.. I found this in the LDS church controlled http://www.boap.org/LDS/History/Hist..._Church/Vol_VI).

Look it up.. I see your denials and they are all without merit.. I don't use Anti-mormonism writings in my posts.. Everything I quote here is either from the Bible or LDS writings.. I am not smart enough to invent all the unbiblical nonsense that came from Smith and his successors. Come on, a prophet of God that taught that Adam was their Father and their God for over 30 years? I never would have thought that one up.. Granted it took Smith years to evolve the story that became the first vision after all in 1829 Smith believe that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Ghost) is one God (See the testimony of the three witnesses and 2 Nephi 31:21).. Then when "he figured it out" he stated that:

I will preach on the plurality of Gods. I have selected this text for that express purpose. I wish to declare I have always and in all congregations when I have preached on the subject of the Deity, it has been the plurality of Gods. It has been preached by the Elders for fifteen years. I have always declared God to be a distinct personage, Jesus Christ a separate and distinct personage from God the Father, and that the Holy Ghost was a distinct personage and a Spirit, and these three cons***ute three distinct personages and three Gods. If this is in accordance with the New Testament, lo and behold! we have three Gods anyhow, and they are plural: and who can contradict it? (Ibid)

Which Joseph Smith should we believe.. The one that said he was able to do a work that even Jesus couldn't do in keeping the church together, the Joseph Smith that said there were three Gods or the Joseph Smith that said that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are one God? These are NOT peripheral doctrines.. These are the very central saving doctrines of the Church. By denying these doctrines Joseph Smith has proven himself to be the center of out and out falsehoods and the imagination of his own heart. You have denied that the histories of the church are good enough to be counted as reliable. Can you believe Smith Himself of that point?

I know you are upset Julie. It is upsetting to hear the truth when you have been lied to all you life and you have believed those lies. I was mad enough to choke the life out of the first person that told me that mormonism isn't a Christian religion. But as I learned I was more ready to do the same to Smith if he had been alive to kill.. Now I am no longer mad, I am hurt that Smith has lied to a fine people, to a woman like you. IHS jim

Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post
    [SIZE=3]More evading Julie? Why don't YOU go and look up what James has posted over and over and prove him wrong?
    I have discussed my beliefs with him in many posts. Anyone who wants to see what I disagree with and why can read thread after thread after thread, but not just me, but other Mormons. I think James just likes to bait. I think he finds some type of enjoyment from it or something.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Falsehoods? I know you are upset Julie. It is upsetting to hear the truth when you have been lied to all you life and you have believed those lies. I was mad enough to choke the life out of the first person that told me that mormonism isn't a Christian religion. But as I learned I was more ready to do the same to Smith if he had been alive to kill.. Now I am no longer mad, I am hurt that Smith has lied to a fine people, to a woman like you. IHS jim
    Oh boy, should we go back to the thread regarding the Apocrypha and how you don't use the same standards for yourself as you do for us?

Do you note that the only scripture you do provide backs the belief of One God?

I challenge you to use our scriptures to back every point you have made. See if you can do it. As we have discussed many times, these other articles are not our doctrine just as the Apocrypha is not your doctrine as well. Lets see if you can back your comments with our actual scriptures.

I give you this challenge. If you can't do it.....then you and I will both know that you know, but continue to bear false witness against us regardless.
    James, I am still waiting for you to back your claims with scriptures. You have hundreds of pages---surely you can do it if it can be done.

Billyray

Oh boy, should we go back to the thread regarding the Apocrypha and how you don't use the same standards for yourself as you do for us?
    I thought you finally got it when it came to the Apocrypha. What is your question?

John T

Originally Posted by BigJulie

Please go back and follow the discussion I had with Billyray here. You will see the discussion regarding the addition and subsequent removal of the books.
    Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    Please demonstrate where in ANY of those you cites any authoritative and objective resource. All I saw was your personal pontification parading as phacts. (I had to do that to keep up the alliteration!)

On the other hand, I gave you the exact place where the Apo****ha was ADDED, and I let you choose what sort of authority you chose to confirm the truth of what I said. Your recollections of things is not accurate, not are they authoritative.

If you want to learn truth, look up the Council of Trent. If you wish to remain ignorant of the facts, then do nothing. But willfully remaining in ignorance of the facts will not serve you well.
    Originally Posted by BigJulie
    James, I am still waiting for you to back your claims with scriptures. You have hundreds of pages---surely you can do it if it can be done.
    You seem to be quite the comedian, BJ!

In light of your ignoring what I gave you to find objective truth, and your statement that "You will see the discussion regarding the addition and subsequent removal of the books." I find that you are unable to deal with the truth, and therefore you fabricate sulfurous falseness in order to obscure the rotten underbelly of your religion.

Is it pathological, or you simply unable to state truthful things, even on the simplest subjects, such as objective church history? I practically spoon fed the facts to you. All you needed to do was cut and paste "Council of Trent" into any search engine and get the truth.

The picture I have of you in my mind is someone sitting in darkness throwing the biggest stones at the light, you can find, preferring to remain in darkness instead of seeing things truthfully. That is such a pity!
    Last edited by John T; 05-07-2014 at 07:44 AM.

neverending

And the only thing you have made clear to everyone here is you are, "NOT VESTED IN TRUTH" BUT LIES!! Also you show everyone here that:
    1. you either aren't being fair
    2. not reading ALL of James' comments
    3. afraid to do the research and search out the things James has shared with you
    4. you have a brain dysfunction and can't comprehend the written word

WAKE UP Julie, HELLO!!! James has posted over and over the things that your church teaches. What JS has said during his life time. He uses ONLY LDS sources. You want to project your anger on him, which is misplaced when the anger should be projected on your church and ALL the lies it has been teaching for well over 100 years. You want to continue swallowing those lies and being lead down the wide path? Hey, God will force no man/woman to heaven. The plan has been presented to you countless times but you continue to evade and live a lie. I totally feel sorry for you Julie and how lost you are and how you fail to see how you've been deceived. The hereafter is a very, very long time.

James Banta

You are right Julie these statements from Joseph Smith can't be backed up in the Bible.. These statements can be shown to be taught by Smith OVER THE PULPIT as he instructed the LDS people.. When an LDS prophet teaches officially over the pulpit is that not as good as scripture?

I know just as well what to teach this people and just what to say to them and what to do in order to bring them into the celestial kingdom.
    I have never yet preached a sermon and sent it out to the children of men, that they may not call Scripture. Let me have the privilege of
    correcting a sermon, and it is as good Scripture as they deserve. The people have the oracles of God continually.
    (Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, vol. 13, p. 95, http://contentdm.lib.byu.edu/cdm/com.../id/9608/rec/1)

Was this statement or any other
    Young gave or any given by Smith unavailable for them to correct? I have access to them didn't they? So these statements and all the wild nonsense statements such as Adam-God which were taught for over 30 years are right there easily accessed. They had the full ability to make correction before they were published to their church and the rest of the world.. So by this statement made by Young in the authority of his office, speaking in conference to the whole church, it is as much scripture as the BofM, the D&C, or the PofPG.. You are either a woman that denies the authority of the prophet seer and revelator of your church OR you are trying to hide the truth of what mormonism teaches and are trying to accuse me of bearing false witness as to what is taught by mormonism to be scripture in that accusation..

I doubt you will ever understand what I m saying here but most of the posters here do. Maybe someday if you will listen to the Holy Spirit as He explains the scripture (BIBLE) to you and you will come to see that I have neither bent, told half truths or out right falsehoods of my own imagination but in making the charge of Bearing False Witness it is you that is actually committing that sin. Your motive in doing so must be nothing but your own will demanding what you have dedicated your life both physical and spiritual to is a lie invented by an evil man, Joseph Smith. That dearly held emotion is all that is causing you to commit such a terrible SIN.. As I have said before I am not smart enough to make all this up out of my own imagination.. IHS jim

Last edited by James Banta; 05-07-2014 at 08:40 AM.

James Banta

Do you note that the only scripture you do provide backs the belief of One God?

Evasion alert
    Julie again didn't bother to show one instance where I have born false witness. Not one example of a half truth or an out and out false statement.

What I said about the Apocrypha is that much of what is taught there in NOT supportable in known scripture. Since it is OUT of sync with the OT and the first 5 books of the New it is rejected as scripture, and rightly so.. Do you want to accept the concept of purgatory? No you don't want to accept that but still want to cling to the false teaching that Jesus was married with children.. So stop flower gardening the Apocrypha and either believe it or reject it.. You can't have it both ways.. But since Smith in his "translation" of the JST didn't see the Apocrypha as being part of the BIBLE, just where do you get off wanting to put forth any of it's doctrines as truth?

Yes only the Bible backs up the teaching that God in One Lord.. That theme is taught through all it volumes. Only the Bible is God's word, everything else are the commandments of men.. IHS jim
    Last edited by James Banta; 05-07-2014 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    You seem to be quite the comedian, BJ!

In light of your ignoring what I gave you to find objective truth, and your statement that "You will see the discussion regarding the addition and subsequent removal of the books." I find that you are unable to deal with the truth, and therefore you fabricate sulfurous falseness in order to obscure the rotten underbelly of your religion.

Is it pathological, or you simply unable to state truthful things, even on the simplest subjects, such as objective church history? I practically spoon fed the facts to you. All you needed to do was cut and paste "Council of Trent" into any search engine and get the truth.

The picture I have of you in my mind is someone sitting in darkness throwing the biggest stones at the light, you can find, preferring to remain in darkness instead of seeing things truthfully. That is such a pity!
    Are you claiming that there was not an additional and subsequent removal of books from the Bible you have today?

What about these: Tobias, Judith, the Wisdom of Solomon, Baruch, and Maccabees, First Esdras, Second Esdras, Epistle of Jeremiah, Susanna, Bel and the Dragon, Prayer of Man***eh, Prayer of Azariah, and Laodiceans.

Please share your objective church history. I want to know why you think the Council of Trent did what they did. Do you think what they did was correct? Why or why not?

PS (By the way, anyone who understands history or how we come to understand knowledge would consider the term "objective history" an oxymoron.)
    Last edited by BigJulie; 05-07-2014 at 10:55 AM.

You are right Julie these statements from Joseph Smith can't be backed up in the Bible.. These statements can be shown to be taught by Smith OVER THE PULPIT as he instructed the LDS people.. When an LDS prophet teaches officially over the pulpit is that not as good as scripture?
    Or in the Book of Mormon. In other words, you can't do it.

If what you think was said over the pulpit does not match our scriptures, than you misunderstand what you think was said over the pulpit. Give me a scripture James--even one.

James Banta

Or in the Book of Mormon. In other words, you can't do it.
    I did do it.. You believe in Smith, you deny that he would teach false doctrine or he taught that there are three Gods.. And he taught that in a sermon before the church. I have also shown that he had scribes that took down his words preserving them for his church.. In the History of the Church much of those words are restated. That history has been controlled by the LDS church all these years.. It reflects the history through the church's perspective. True and accurate as to the LDS.. To deny Smith's sermons recorded there is to deny the truth of Smith's words. To deny that truth is to call either him or the LDS liars.. To do that is not the way of a believing member of the church. Doing so would make you as anti as you believe I am.. IHS jim

I did do it.. You believe in Smith, you deny that he would teach false doctrine or he taught that there are three Gods.. And he taught that in a sermon before the church. I have also shown that he had scribes that took down his words preserving them for his church.. In the History of the Church much of those words are restated. That history has been controlled by the LDS church all these years.. It reflects the history through the church's perspective. True and accurate as to the LDS.. To deny Smith's sermons recorded there is to deny the truth of Smith's words. To deny that truth is to call either him or the LDS liars.. To do that is not the way of a believing member of the church. Doing so would make you as anti as you believe I am.. IHS jim
    James, you don't know exactly what Joseph Smith taught, you weren't there. What you have is what you THINK he taught. Then you attack that. You see a tusk and so ***ume no one can see the elephant.

You are now trying to make a spin that the church controls its own history. Rather than the church keeps a history and does their best to understand it in light of KNOWN revelation.

But you know this and yet you ignore that there is something more and something greater.

neverending

James, you don't know exactly what Joseph Smith taught, you weren't there. What you have is what you THINK he taught. Then you attack that. You see a tusk and so ***ume no one can see the elephant.

You are now trying to make a spin that the church controls its own history. Rather than the church keeps a history and does their best to understand it in light of KNOWN revelation.

But you know this and yet you ignore that there is something more and something greater.
    Are you so uneducated that you have no clue as to writings by JS? You need to go to Deseret Book and buy a copy of the JS Papers. I can't believe your thinking. None of us were there when Christ was alive either but we have his word written in the Bible!! My Goodness Julie, you are grabbing at straws and failing miserably. James and I know full well that there is something more and greater but we must wait til God decides are time is up here on earth. We await that day with full knowledge that we will be with God the Father, Christ and the Holy Spirit where we will no longer have pain, nor any suffering and every tear will be wiped away. Read 1 John 5:13.

If you had to be in James' shoes, you would be more thoughtful. You haven't been here to watch all he's been through with his health. You didn't have to watch your husband of over 30 years almost die due to a bowel rupture and a major car accident, which btw he has permanent nerve damage from and difficulty walking and needs a cane. Were you with him when he was given the diagnosis of heart failure? NO! you weren't but I was and I had no family to turn to so I had to deal with all of these things alone; other then having my faith in my Savior could I have been able to deal with everything and help James to recover as much as he has now. Julie, before accusing James of false things, why not check out what he has told you, then come back and tell him what you've learned, then and ONLY then do you have any room to talk.

[SIZE=3]Are you so uneducated that you have no clue as to writings by JS?
    I do, I just understand it is in the context of the greater knowledge of the church.

Your view of my beliefs is like finding a tusk and therefore thinking you see the whole elephant and claiming you do. As you noted, you can't back up what you think Joseph Smith said with our scriptures. Until you can, you don't really see nor understand what I believe.

If you had to be in James' shoes, you would be more thoughtful. You haven't been here to watch all he's been through with his health. You didn't have to watch your husband of over 30 years almost die due to a bowel rupture and a major car accident, which btw he has permanent nerve damage from and difficulty walking and needs a cane. Were you with him when he was given the diagnosis of heart failure? NO! you weren't but I was and I had no family to turn to so I had to deal with all of these things alone; other then having my faith in my Savior could I have been able to deal with everything and help James to recover as much as he has now. Julie, before accusing James of false things, why not check out what he has told you, then come back and tell him what you've learned, then and ONLY then do you have any room to talk.
    Then James really shouldn't be wasting his time here. If he bears false witness, I will point it out. I have checked out what he says--especially when he tries to put words in my mouth. I asked him to cut and paste where I said that. As we can both see--he can't.

And in all seriousness---I think both of you would have less stress and more enjoyment of life if you stopped attacking what you don't understand.

I can imagine this site is hard on his health. So sorry to hear it.
    Last edited by BigJulie; 05-07-2014 at 12:20 PM.

neverending

Then James really shouldn't be wasting his time here. If he bears false witness, I will point it out. I have checked out what he says--especially when he tries to put words in my mouth. I asked him to cut and paste where I said that. As we can both see--he can't.

And in all seriousness---I think both of you would have less stress and more enjoyment of life if you stopped attacking what you don't understand.

I can imagine this site is hard on his health. So sorry to hear it.
    Then you need to answer these questions. DO YOU believe JS was a prophet? DO YOU believe JS spoke to the world the things God wanted him say? DO YOU believe that the words he spoke over the pulpit to the members of your church were true? Simple questions for a TBM to answer. And again, just where did you go to check out what James has said here? If you really did that, I can not believe that you would still want to be a Mormon; most likely you skimmed over the majority of what was written. So, STOP with the accusations.

We will never stop pointing out to Mormons or anyone the lies that Mormonism teaches for we feel lead to do that to show Mormons that they do not believe in the true God of the Bible and our lost, that what goes on in the temples is evil and is not of God. The Holy Spirit spoke to me the day I was getting married and told me 3 times to leave for I didn't belong there. Oh so true but it took me 7 more years before I finally listened to the Holy Spirit and learned that all my life I had been lied to. It was not a good day to discover that knowledge but everything fell into place and so much was opened up to me. We only wish the same for you and all Mormons who are lost and don't have the truth.

Then you need to answer these questions. DO YOU believe JS was a prophet? DO YOU believe JS spoke to the world the things God wanted him say? DO YOU believe that the words he spoke over the pulpit to the members of your church were true? Simple questions for a TBM to answer. And again, just where did you go to check out what James has said here? If you really did that, I can not believe that you would still want to be a Mormon; most likely you skimmed over the majority of what was written. So, STOP with the accusations.
    Yes, Joseph Smith was a prophet of God who restored His church here on earth. What God revealed to Him by revelation is found within our scriptures, recorded for the all to read as a testimony of Jesus Christ.

What I also understand is that you cannot take a snippet from history, ignore our doctrine found within our scriptures and then portray our beliefs accurately.

I have read what James has posted. All he has shown me is that he does not understand nor care to understand our beliefs fully OR he does understand an purposefully misleads. He is like an old gossip who tries to find dirt and share it and thinks they are doing the world a favor.

We will never stop pointing out to Mormons or anyone the lies that Mormonism teaches for we feel lead to do that to show Mormons that they do not believe in the true God of the Bible and our lost, that what goes on in the temples is evil and is not of God. The Holy Spirit spoke to me the day I was getting married and told me 3 times to leave for I didn't belong there. Oh so true but it took me 7 more years before I finally listened to the Holy Spirit and learned that all my life I had been lied to. It was not a good day to discover that knowledge but everything fell into place and so much was opened up to me. We only wish the same for you and all Mormons who are lost and don't have the truth.
    And yet the only real falsehoods going on here can be directly seen in James' posts. He stated I "confess" a belief and when I ask him to show me where--he instead just continues to make accusations and does not back it. Therefore, anyone should be able to see that he is an unreliable witness and is untrustworthy to really share the truth.

RealFakeHair

[QUOTE=BigJulie;156485]Yes, Joseph Smith was a prophet of God who restored His church here on earth. What God revealed to Him by revelation is found within our scriptures, recorded for the all to read as a testimony of Jesus Christ.

So you really believe Joseph Smith translated the Book of the Dead into the Book of Abraham?
    YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!

Billyray

I do, I just understand it is in the context of the greater knowledge of the church.
    So English words written in sentence form means many different things. Do you really believe that BigJ? How is it possible for anyone to communicate if this were the case. In fact how could I possibly understand what you have even written because it could mean anything depending depending on the person reading it.