Thread: This Kind of Thinking is Scary.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by TheSword99 View Post
    Paul is nowhere saying he was once sinless. By being alive he meant that he was totally unaware of the death sentence he was under. !
    LOL>>>>Nice try, but then Paul would have said, "Once I was confused..."

But I take it at face value that when Paul said that before the law came into his life he was "alive"
    Now we know that Paul grew up within the Jewish faith...being a Jews-Jew.
    And we know as such he was asked to be repsonsible under the Law as he grew older and became a member of the Jewish community.

So this proves to us that Paul did not believe that little babies were guilty of sin.
    And the text also shows us that as a child grew older and their tendency to commit error and sin grew inside them, that the Bible teaches that God "overlooks" such things.....

So this is how I look at things too!

Babies are not "in sin"
    As we get older, and sin springs to life in our hearts, God overlooks it when we are little kids, but as we become able to respond to God's light he demands from us to repent and have faith in the power of the cross to clean us of sin's stain.

TheSword99

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    LOL>>>>Nice try, but then Paul would have said, "Once I was confused..."

But I take it at face value that when Paul said that before the law came into his life he was "alive"
    Now we know that Paul grew up within the Jewish faith...being a Jews-Jew.
    And we know as such he was asked to be repsonsible under the Law as he grew older and became a member of the Jewish community.

So this proves to us that Paul did not believe that little babies were guilty of sin.
    And the text also shows us that as a child grew older and their tendency to commit error and sin grew inside them, that the Bible teaches that God "overlooks" such things.....

So this is how I look at things too!

Babies are not "in sin"
    As we get older, and sin springs to life in our hearts, God overlooks it when we are little kids, but as we become able to respond to God's light he demands from us to repent and have faith in the power of the cross to clean us of sin's stain.
    Paul said, "When the commandment came, (God's law) sin revived." He did not say, "Sin came." You can't revive something that doesn't already exist. The sin nature already exists in every human at birth. Although we are born with a sin nature, God does not impute sin unto the baby or very little child until the time that they knowingly violate God's Law.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by TheSword99 View Post
    Paul said, "When the commandment came, (God's law) sin revived." He did not say, "Sin came." You can't revive something that doesn't already exist. The sin nature already exists in every human at birth. Although we are born with a sin nature, God does not impute sin unto the baby or very little child until the time that they knowingly violate God's Law.
    I disagree with this completely.

its like this...
    When Adam was made, we cant say that he was made with a 'sin nature"...

Just as Adam was not made with a sin nature, so too I was not made with a sin nature.
    But both Adam and myself are made of flesh.....and the flesh is weak and subject to doing things that are evil.

Now when Adam sinned, we cant say that he sinned because sin was already inside him when he was created, as that would make God the original cause of sin and it's true Maker.
    But we can say that when the Law came into Adam's life, then and only then did sin "SPRING TO LIFE" in his heart.

Its the same way with all us who are the children of Adam too.
    Sin "springs to life" inside our hearts and we die.

Adam and his children are not created with little "seeds" of sin inside us, rather what happens is that temptation enters our hearts and we respond in a wrong manner to the temptation and this leads us to sin....

So while all are tempted from time to time, not all temptation leads to sin.

alanmolstad

Romans 7:9
    Once I was alive apart from the law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I disagree with this completely.

its like this...
    When Adam was made, we cant say that he was made with a 'sin nature"...

Just as Adam was not made with a sin nature, so too I was not made with a sin nature.
    But both Adam and myself are made of flesh.....and the flesh is weak and subject to doing things that are evil.

Now when Adam sinned, we cant say that he sinned because sin was already inside him when he was created, as that would make God the original cause of sin and it's true Maker.
    But we can say that when the Law came into Adam's life, then and only then did sin "SPRING TO LIFE" in his heart.

Its the same way with all us who are the children of Adam too.
    Sin "springs to life" inside our hearts and we die.

Adam and his children are not created with little "seeds" of sin inside us, rather what happens is that temptation enters our hearts and we respond in a wrong manner to the temptation and this leads us to sin....

So while all are tempted from time to time, not all temptation leads to sin.
    a perfect way to understand this issue...