Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cult....How the definition is changed to suit an agenda.

Libby

In the Orthodox Christian view (particularly, conservative Christianity) there is no difference. They are all bound for hell.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    rather than a cross.
    nope......again...all non-Christian cults will sooner or later screw around with the resurrection of Jesus.

they ALL do...

all of them...

They will add to the story...they will subtract from his death.

they will change things around.
    They will make Jesus this or that other person...

But they all will simply not allow the story to be read and believed as told in the bible.......

all cults have to add to the story just enough to make it moot to salvation.

Thats what Satan was up to in starting the cult in the first place remember....

alanmolstad

all cults are of satan remember.

and let us also remember the point Satan was up to in starting the cult.

The idea is to get people lost.

perhaps that not clear to people, but when you stop to think about what satan was up to in starting up religions like the moonies and the JWs and mormons, the only real point Satan was up to was getting people lost.....

Libby

Well, I just don't accept your paradigm, Alan. Cult has no meaning or place in this discussion, IMHO.

alanmolstad

Well, I just don't accept your paradigm, Alan. Cult has no meaning or place in this discussion, IMHO.
    Hmmm....

Lets think about that for a moment....

we are WalterMartin's message forum correct?....and what was he known for again?

something about a book he wrote about some type of "kingdom?. correct?

Libby

Yes, I disagree, basically, with Walter Martin's views, as well. I really like his daughter, Jill. She is a genuinely good person, but I disagree with most of her religious views, as well.

Not that any of that really matters. We are all where we are for whatever reasons. It's all for spiritual growth.

James Banta

Yes, I disagree, basically, with Walter Martin's views, as well. I really like his daughter, Jill. She is a genuinely good person, but I disagree with most of her religious views, as well.

Not that any of that really matters. We are all where we are for whatever reasons. It's all for spiritual growth.
    Yes because Dr Martin was a bible believing Christian and so is Jill you disagree with them.. All that means Libby is that you disagree with the teachings of the Bible.. You know the ones that teach that Jesus is the one true Way to the Father and no one can come to Him but by and through Jesus.. IHS jim

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by Garry T View Post
    Actually, a cult is anything that deviates from Christ's plan of Salvation!

In 325 AD, a group of Christian scolars met to define, in laymans words, what cons***utes a Christian and consequently the Christian Church.

The reason they compiled the Nicene Creede was the encroachment into Christian churches of Gnostic beliefs, and a standard had to be set down.

The first thing Mormons say is "these are words of mortal man". True, but they are taken from the Word of God and put in terms that are complete and easy to understand.

My suggestion is read the Nicene Creede, and if your belief system doesn't agree with it, it is a cult!
    So--your standard is the Nicene Creed? For the first century church, and the LDS--it was and is Christ. The Trinitarian doctrine of "****ousious" is not found anywhere in the Bible.

That is nothing more than a cult belief you have formed by your definition.

alanmolstad

CULTs have a way of being about sex in many cases.

Sooner or later, one way or the other the topic of "sex' will be shown to be all that a CULT is about.
    Now its not every cult, but lately I have seen this sexual connection be found to be behind the true aim of the leader of most any non-Christian cult that has a representative drop by..

The Mormons who had all their children taken away from them a few years back....fit this, in that what the State officials learned when they moved in and took over the Mormon compound is that little girls as young as 14 were being offered as brides to the CULT's Mormon leadership.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 07-20-2014 at 01:56 PM.