Thread: Mormons and New Allies.

Christodoulos

Default Mormons and New Allies.

Mormons that I've known were never anything but good decent people. And it looks like they have their act together. The church is well oiled ,well organized and they have an active missionary -outreach program . It must be doing well ,since I often see them in action.

In fact, this church is probably the most well organized and most effective organization ,second only to the all powerful Roman Catholic Church.

I'm surprised that given the resources of LDS ,there should be an even greater number of converts.

What I'm surprised about and interested in learning ,is who is willing to align themselves with mormons ,given their heretical beliefs.

Recently many Evangelicals are embracing Mormons as fellow Christians ;and I think it's unity for the good of a specific cause .

but what really surprised me recently is to learn about the large number of Jews in America who find themselves praising the mormons to the high heavens.

While the jews have no desire to convert, I believe they find themselves more comfortable toward the unbiblical ideas of mormonism ,which gets them off the hook in some respects but also draws a clear
    and unconfused line of demarcation between traditional christian beliefs and those of judaism ;especially concerning the beliefs about the messiah,the law ,the prophetic teaching found in the O.T.

In other words ,to the Jews , Mormonism looks like a form of Christianity which is so mythological in its fundamental basis , it could never be confused with any aspect of O.T. judaism
    And that's exactly what the jews find pleasing about Mormonism!

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by Christodoulos View Post
    Mormons that I've known were never anything but good decent people. And it looks like they have their act together. The church is well oiled ,well organized and they have an active missionary -outreach program . It must be doing well ,since I often see them in action.

In fact, this church is probably the most well organized and most effective organization ,second only to the all powerful Roman Catholic Church.

I'm surprised that given the resources of LDS ,there should be an even greater number of converts.

What I'm surprised about and interested in learning ,is who is willing to align themselves with mormons ,given their heretical beliefs.

Recently many Evangelicals are embracing Mormons as fellow Christians ;and I think it's unity for the good of a specific cause .

but what really surprised me recently is to learn about the large number of Jews in America who find themselves praising the mormons to the high heavens.

While the jews have no desire to convert, I believe they find themselves more comfortable toward the unbiblical ideas of mormonism ,which gets them off the hook in some respects but also draws a clear
    and unconfused line of demarcation between traditional christian beliefs and those of judaism ;especially concerning the beliefs about the messiah,the law ,the prophetic teaching found in the O.T.

In other words ,to the Jews , Mormonism looks like a form of Christianity which is so mythological in its fundamental basis , it could never be confused with any aspect of O.T. judaism
    And that's exactly what the jews find pleasing about Mormonism!
    Could you name a few Evangelical denominations that welcome LDSinc. into the fold?

Christodoulos

Not the denominations but big time Evangelicals such as Mike Huckabee for one and there are others whose names I'm not familiar with..

RealFakeHair

Not the denominations but big time Evangelicals such as Mike Huckabee for one and there are others whose names I'm not familiar with..
    Mike Hicknotmee, is more politician than evangelical, and this is what he said about Romney and his mormonism..Let me clear the air about whether guys like me would only support an evangelical … I care far less as to where Mitt Romney takes his family to church than I do about where he takes this country.
    Note this is not an endoresment of his religion

alanmolstad

I also would not feel forced to vote for or against a person running for office based only on his religion.

The political views of the person would be more important in my mind.
    Thus I had no real issue with the fact that Mitt is guilty of being sucked into a CULT, compared to the real problems I saw in the future should Obama get elected.

I believe time has shown that my POV was correct.

Christodoulos

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I also would not feel forced to vote for or against a person running for office based only on his religion.

The political views of the person would be more important in my mind.
    Thus I had no real issue with the fact that Mitt is guilty of being sucked into a CULT, compared to the real problems I saw in the future should Obama get elected.

I believe time has shown that my POV was correct.
    Evangelical visits to BYU signal a new evangelical-Mormon detente
    Adelle M. Banks | October 30, 2013 | 77 Comments
    958 137reddit47

Richard Land (center), president of Southern Evangelical Seminary, meets with Brigham Young University President Cecil O. Samuelson (left) and Brent L. Top, BYU dean of religious education, on Sept. 6, 2013. Photo by Bella Torgerson/courtesy Brigham Young University

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(RNS) Last month, after being sure to get his caffeine fix at Starbucks, Southern Baptist leader Richard Land went where few evangelicals had dared to go before: the campus of Brigham Young University, the intellectual heart of Mormonism.

After lecturing on “family, faith, freedom and America,” Land attended a BYU football game with Mormon leaders and joined them to hear James Taylor sing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

Days later, George O. Wood, the general superintendent of the ***emblies of God, also visited BYU, followed by the Rev. R. Albert Mohler Jr., president of Southern Baptists’ flagship seminary.

Is there a new detente — perhaps more practical than theological — between evangelicals and Mormons?

For more than a decade, Mormon and evangelical scholars have discussed their differences and similarities, and even written books together. But leaders of the two faiths appear to have reached a new juncture, with some on both sides seeing benefits in more public engagement

RealFakeHair

Evangelical visits to BYU signal a new evangelical-Mormon detente
    Adelle M. Banks | October 30, 2013 | 77 Comments
    958 137reddit47

Richard Land (center), president of Southern Evangelical Seminary, meets with Brigham Young University President Cecil O. Samuelson (left) and Brent L. Top, BYU dean of religious education, on Sept. 6, 2013. Photo by Bella Torgerson/courtesy Brigham Young University

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(RNS) Last month, after being sure to get his caffeine fix at Starbucks, Southern Baptist leader Richard Land went where few evangelicals had dared to go before: the campus of Brigham Young University, the intellectual heart of Mormonism.

After lecturing on “family, faith, freedom and America,” Land attended a BYU football game with Mormon leaders and joined them to hear James Taylor sing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

Days later, George O. Wood, the general superintendent of the ***emblies of God, also visited BYU, followed by the Rev. R. Albert Mohler Jr., president of Southern Baptists’ flagship seminary.

Is there a new detente — perhaps more practical than theological — between evangelicals and Mormons?

For more than a decade, Mormon and evangelical scholars have discussed their differences and similarities, and even written books together. But leaders of the two faiths appear to have reached a new juncture, with some on both sides seeing benefits in more public engagement
    I believe you are confusing evangelical with ecumenical.
    Dr. LAND: Well, that certainly would not be the message you got from the rally. The rally did almost everything it could to not be political and to be as ecumenical as possible.

Christodoulos

what's the prob. with Mormons? I'm no Mormon and never will be , but what good does it do for you or anyone to malign them .

They aren't the only church with heretical beliefs. In fact they aren't the main threat Christendom faces. In fact they are not much of a threat at all.

The problem Christians face is to believe you can convert them out of their church. A happy Mormon and most of them are will not leave their church.

The few unhappy ones will peel off by their own weight.

RealFakeHair

what's the prob. with Mormons? I'm no Mormon and never will be , but what good does it do for you or anyone to malign them .

They aren't the only church with heretical beliefs. In fact they aren't the main threat Christendom faces. In fact they are not much of a threat at all.

The problem Christians face is to believe you can convert them out of their church. A happy Mormon and most of them are will not leave their church.

The few unhappy ones will peel off by their own weight.
    Did I ever tell you my mom said you can take a fool and educate them and all you get in return is an educated fool?
    Well sometimes we find out this to be true don't we?
    Anyways, back to (what's the prob?) First it is a Christians duty to proclaim the truth of the Scriptures, God's Holy Word. Mormonism is a counterfeit christian religion, created out of the imaginary mind of Joseph Smith jr. With the help of his god Satan.
    Second, LDSinc. send out young innocent missionaries, not to convert non believers, but to convert Christians (mostly) to Joseph Smith jr. Lying good for nothing evil Satan false god.
    However here is one of my pet peeves. LDSinc. says they are a family supporting religion, and helps build strong family relationships. This also is a big fat lie. LDSinc. supports only those families that remain faithful to Joseph Smith jr. and his false religion. Here is an example of LDSinc. religion that will destroy a family, all because of it on teachings. If a TBM man with a temple recommend, and a wife who truly wishes to become a goddess in the mormon faith along with her children the mormon man ie husband must keep his temple recommend and never waver for the path to LDSinc. godhood. However if the husband tell his Molly Mormon wife he no longer believes and is leaving the church what do you think his wife must do to stay on path to her wonderful world of LDSinc. goddess life style?

Christodoulos

and someone recently accused me of raving..

every religion other than christian is counterfeit.

But what's the paranoia just about Mormons.

Don't tell us what your mom said..

I don't believe anyone cares..

Christodoulos

RealFakeHair

every religion other than christian is counterfeit.

But what's the paranoia just about Mormons.

Don't tell us what your mom said..

I don't believe anyone cares..
    I see you are not interested in learning a thing here, just another ****-hard with her skirt showing.

Christodoulos

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    I see you are not interested in learning a thing here, just another ****-hard with her skirt showing.
    what do you have to teach? your stupid insults..

Did I ever tell you my mom said you can take a fool and educate them and all you get in return is an educated fool?

Well sometimes we find out this to be true don't we?
    Anyways, back to (what's the prob?) First it is a Christians duty to proclaim the truth of the Scriptures, God's Holy Word. Mormonism is a counterfeit christian religion, created out of the imaginary mind of Joseph Smith jr. With the help of his god Satan.
    Second, LDSinc. send out young innocent missionaries, not to convert non believers, but to convert Christians (mostly) to Joseph Smith jr. Lying good for nothing evil Satan false god.
    However here is one of my pet peeves. LDSinc. says they are a family supporting religion, and helps build strong family relationships. This also is a big fat lie. LDSinc. supports only those families that remain faithful to Joseph Smith jr. and his false religion. Here is an example of LDSinc. religion that will destroy a family, all because of it on teachings. If a TBM man with a temple recommend, and a wife who truly wishes to become a goddess in the mormon faith along with her children the mormon man ie husband must keep his temple recommend and never waver for the path to LDSinc. godhood. However if the husband tell his Molly Mormon wife he no longer believes and is leaving the church what do you think his wife must do to stay on path to her wonderful world

Now that's **** hard.. ...