Thread: What's the moral difference?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by God-free View Post

One person’s notion of sexual perversion can be another’s expression of love. It’s not your place to decide that for anyone but yourself.

most of the so-called "rape" in this part of the country over the last few years actually is the case of an adult male having sex with a underage small child, or is the case of an adult male having sex with a elderly person, or someone suffering from a mental issue that renders them unable to understand what is happening to them.

Should we allow such things if the male that gets caught claims that "It was an expression of love"???

What is the justification we have to claim that some "acts of love" are prohibited?

I asked a non-believer this set of questions one time and they came back at me with an answer based around their idea that sex should always be allowed as long as their was "consent"

But I cam back at them with "Who says consent is important?"
    "What unquestionable voice has stated that the idea of "consent" is all important?"

"Did this idea that you have to have "consent" before you can have sex with a person fall from the sky?.....was it something that was written on stone by a mysterious hand?"

My point?
    My point is that if a person thinks it's their *** to determine moral codes for everyone else, they are mistaken.
    If I think that it is my *** to determin your moral code by useing my own ability to reason, I am mistaken.
    If I think that a room full of people somehow gives the people the instant wisdom to determin moral differences between right and wrong?.....Im a fool.

Why would I expect a room filled with people to somehow be granted the ability to know for sure the difference between right and wrong, when if I asked each of the people in that room to discribe why something is right ?...or why something is wrong?..they would have all sorts of reasons that dont agree with anyone else s??????

So I cant on my own determine right and wrong.
    Washington on it's own cant determine right and wrong.

But what people can do is support their idea of morality with the code of Scripture.
    For I take Scripture very serious.....regardless of a person's religion, or if they are in a Church or in a CULT.
    Want to empress me with your views on a topic dealing with right or wrong?...quote me Scripture.

I finally told my friend-
    "But save our time and dont bother appealing to rooms filled with people as being your source of morality , (or stuff like that) cuz it's just a bunch of silly ducks quacking to me."

God-free

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    most of the so-called "rape" in this part of the country over the last few years actually is the case of an adult male having sex with a underage small child, or is the case of an adult male having sex with a elderly person, or someone suffering from a mental issue that renders them unable to understand what is happening to them.
    That's terrible!

Should we allow such things if the male that gets caught claims that "It was an expression of love"???
    Of course not!
    Read this:
    Quote Originally Posted by God-free
    The sexual acts performed between consenting adults is none of my business. It doesn’t matter if those involved are ****sexual or heterosexual. As long as they aren’t involving anyone else who is unwilling or unable to give consent, then no moral ***essment is even necessary.
    Nothing I said in this, or any of my posts, even remotely implies that sexual predators should be able to use “It was an expression of love” as a defense.

What is the justification we have to claim that some "acts of love" are prohibited?
    You’re arguing against something that I don’t advocate and never implied that I did.

I’m going to ignore the rest of this post and the remaining post from you. I think you owe me an acknowledgement that I have not indicated nor suggested, in any way, that rape in the form of men having sex with children, non-consenting old people, and the mentally ill, is morally acceptable. If you are not willing to acknowledge this, then you and I have nothing further to discuss.