Thanks for the reply. I don't believe it is as simple as you say Saxon. It isn't a separated meaning between V5 and V6. When V5 mentions "dishonoureth" and the continues further information surrounding covering in V6 starting off with "For if" and "shame" we see a continuation and clearly interrelated. Likewise, ,

V7 "For a"
V8 "For man"
V9 "for indeed"
V10 "Therefore"
V11 "However, in the Lord"
V12 "For as the woman"
V13 "Judge for yourselves"
V14 "Does not even nature"
V15 "but if a woman"
V16 "But if"

The whole matter may be an escape to conform to what is not being discussed here. I thought it would interesting to see how you arrived at that conclusion, but honestly Sax, I'm not quite as impressed as I once was.

Bless you.
To be honest, I hope that I am not boring you to distraction on this. I have explained this clearly over and over again. I can understand that you are not gaining the understanding that I have hoped because I do not explain it as well as it can be done. I will try again and hope that you don’t shrivel up with despair as I do tend to want to express it to you so you can understand why I am saying what I am saying about the hair thing. I am not saying that you have to agree with me but I hope you can understand what I am getting at.

As you know, I take 1 Corinthians 11:3 to be the key verse on the topic. It is the Key verse as it is the verse that clearly stated that the heads that are of importance are beings, Christ, Man and God. This is clearly not the body part, head.

1 Corinthians 11:4 (alternate reading because of the heads of verse 3) Every man praying or prophesying, having Christ covered, dishonoureth Christ. What could be the idea of covering Christ, man’s head, when a man is praying or prophesying? I do not believe that it would be a man having long hair. It is more like the idea of a prideful man showing himself to be seeking praise and honour for his ability to be praying or prophesying in the midst of the congregation. Christ, the head, is covered by that man’s pride. To have Christ, his head, uncovered the man praying or prophesying would be sure to humble himself by openly praising Christ, his head.

1 Corinthians 11:5 (alternate reading because of the heads of verse 3) But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her man/husband uncovered dishonoureth her man/husband: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. This idea of the woman uncovering her man/husband is as described, the same as if she was shaved. If a woman was caught in adultery or pros***ution, her head, body part was shaved. This was to identify her, to her shame, that she was an adulteress or a pros***ute. Having her head, body part shaved would leave her man/husband uncovered and open to the shame of being married to an adulteress or a pros***ute.

1 Corinthians 11:6 is speaking of a woman not being covered and departs from verse 3 because verse 3 does not mention a woman as a head or if she should be covered or uncovered. Verse 6 does relate to verse 5 as it is a continuation of the explanation of how a woman uncovers her head, man/husband. If a woman doesn’t wear a vail then let her be shorn. If she wants to go without a vail she can also be shorn. The problem only arises if to be shaved or shorn is a shame such as identifying as an adulteress or a pros***ute. If it is a shame then let her wear a vail.

1 Corinthians 11:7 (alternate reading because of the heads of verse 3) For a man indeed ought not to cover Christ, forasmuch as Christ is the image and glory of God: (See Hebrews 1:3) but the woman is the glory of the man. The man’s head, Christ, is not covered because Christ is the image and glory of God. The man/husband should be covered by the woman because she is the glory of the man.

The rest of the verses that you have listed are speaking of the nature of men and women in order to show the reason for the woman to cover her head, man/husband. As I see it and hopefully explained, there is no reason to think that this has anything to do with the length of a man or woman’s hair.

I do hope that I am not wearing you out on this subject.

1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
1 Corinthians 11:4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
1 Corinthians 11:5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
1 Corinthians 11:6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
1 Corinthians 11:7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high: