Thread: Brigham young was apostate.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    He walked away from the church joseph smith made and went west to establish his own fifedom. BY DEFINITION he apostasized.
    I'm always amazed at how little Critics of our Church actually know about our Church, the gospel, or the bible, yet they think they can come on here to school us.
    If you notice below the Twelve as a quorum are equal in authority to the Presidency of the Church. So when the President/Prophet dies or the Presidency is disolved, then the 12 Apostles instantly take over the Leadership of the Church, and they are then the ones to elect a new President when all 12 are present and in agreement.

THE TWELVE CHOOSE BRIGHAM YOUNG!

Any claim by anyone outside of that process which God revealed to Joseph Smith, are erroneous and they will become apostates if they persist in their claims

D&C 107:22-24
    22 Of the Melchizedek Priesthood, three Presiding High Priests, chosen by the body, appointed and ordained to that office, and upheld by the confidence, faith, and prayer of the church, form a quorum of the Presidency of the Church.
    23 The twelve traveling councilors are called to be the Twelve Apostles, or special witnesses of the name of Christ in all the world—thus differing from other officers in the church in the duties of their calling.
    24 And they form a quorum, equal in authority and power to the three presidents previously mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Joseph Smith (the utah mormons admit) said joseph smith III (his son) would be the next president of HIS church, not bringum young.

young was an apostate.
    The "Utah Mormons" said no such thing, you really need to stop getting your information from AntiMormon sites.
    I think what you are referring to was a blessing by Joseph Smith jr. to his son Joseph Smith III.
    THIS WAS A PATRIARCAL BLESSING OR A FATHER'S BLESSING, IT WAS NOT AN ORDINATION!

Anybody in the church knows that such blessings are dependent upon the person remaining worthy to receive it and the Will of the Lord. It kinda goes without saying that when Joseph Smith III took over control of an apostate group, then he was no longer worthy for the blessing given to him.

FYI... there were at least three such blessings given to three different people by Joseph Smith. All of them apostatized and therefore forfeited any blessings given to them.
    Last edited by theway; 03-19-2015 at 11:49 AM.

Default Their god got it wrong!

way posted:
    I'm always amazed at how little Critics of our Church actually know about our Church, the gospel, or the bible, yet they think they can come on here to school us.

Yet we ALL seem to know more about the Bible and the Gospel the first century church preached than any of you do.

If you notice below the Twelve as a quorum are equal in authority to the Presidency of the Church. So when the President/Prophet dies or the Presidency is disolved, then the 12 Apostles instantly take over the Leadership of the Church, and they are then the ones to elect a new President when all 12 are present and in agreement.

THE TWELVE CHOOSE BRIGHAM YOUNG!

So young won the popularity contest, so what? According to GOD joseph smith III was to be the next president of GOD'S church (at least your false prophet SAID SO).

So which lied (according to your theory)? God or joey smith II?

Something like 7 years ago the utah mormons acknowledged the truth about it and returned the document to the rlds. Google it if you doubt me.

The "Utah Mormons" said no such thing, you really need to stop getting your information from AntiMormon sites.

I don't get my information from anti-mormon sites. The above TRUTH was reported by National Public Radio, NBC, ABC and others, a few years back.

I think what you are referring to was a blessing by Joseph Smith jr. to his son Joseph Smith III.
    THIS WAS A PATRIARCAL BLESSING OR A FATHER'S BLESSING, IT WAS NOT AN ORDINATION!

I never said it was an ordination. I said smith said GOD TOLD HIM it would happen. So who do you think lied, smith or God?

Anybody in the church knows that such blessings are dependent upon the person remaining worthy to receive it and the Will of the Lord. It kinda goes without saying that when Joseph Smith III took over control of an apostate group, then he was no longer worthy for the blessing given to him.

FYI... there were at least three such blessings given to three different people by Joseph Smith. All of them apostatized and therefore forfeited any blessings given to them.

yah, yah, yah, so God musta got it wrong, huh? Your little god didn't KNOW what those folks were going to do, huh? So your god made promises he couldn't keep, because those guys were all 'unworthy'

And bringum young was more 'worthy' as evidenced by his poligamy and apostasizing. . .?