Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proxy baptisms

Trinity

Vatican trying to avoid baptism by proxy
    The Salt Lake Tribune, USA
    May 5, 2008

The Roman Catholic Church has recently directed dioceses worldwide not to give parish information to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

The move is to prevent LDS Church members from baptizing by proxy Catholic ancestors. An April 5 letter from the Vatican Congregation for Clergy directs all Catholic bishops “to keep the Latter-day Saints from microfilming and digitizing information contained” in parish registers, according to a Catholic News Service article published Friday.

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/2138...ptism-by-proxy

After the Jews and the Catholics I believe the rest of the world will do the same. With the unanimity of all other churches or religions, this problem will be solved more easily than I was thinking.

One human being on six on this planet is a catholic. When all doors will be shut, this belief will collapse on itself.

Trinity

stemelbow

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Hello stem,

This is not illegal until someone brings the LDS in court. This is why I am observing the Jews dealing with this issue. Their patience is not unlimited. If they cannot solve this problem in a friendly manner, well, they will sue the LDS.
    They are the ones who are giving up on resolving it in a friendly manner. of course most Jews could care less, just like the rest of hte world. We should clarify that point.

They have excellent lawyers and they are very persistent. I learned to play chess with them. They are very clever.
    With their lawyers?

For now they are cumulating data, and they are building their file. Actually, they are also preparing the public opinion with their press campaign. This is the first step.

Trinity
    Sounds like someone's gearing up to fight others. Oh well. We'll see what unfolds here. I've never understood this sort of hostility and paranoia.

love,
    stem

stemelbow

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Vatican trying to avoid baptism by proxy
    The Salt Lake Tribune, USA
    May 5, 2008

The Roman Catholic Church has recently directed dioceses worldwide not to give parish information to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

The move is to prevent LDS Church members from baptizing by proxy Catholic ancestors. An April 5 letter from the Vatican Congregation for Clergy directs all Catholic bishops “to keep the Latter-day Saints from microfilming and digitizing information contained” in parish registers, according to a Catholic News Service article published Friday.

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/2138...ptism-by-proxy

After the Jews and the Catholics I believe the rest of the world will do the same. With the unanimity of all other churches or religions, this problem will be solved more easily than I was thinking.

One human being on six on this planet is a catholic. When all doors will be shut, this belief will collapse on itself.

Trinity
    Alright prophetess. We'll see how well your prophesying unfolds. Most folks aren't so paranoid and full of hate, as I see it.

love,
    stem

MickeyS

[QUOTE=Trinity;

I have questions. Now that the Catholic Church and the Jews have closed the access for the LDS to their data. What could you do to sustain this belief for the next generations? Also, how can you have access to the data from people living in the Eastern World? For me, this seems an impossible mission. In short, it is impossible to baptize the whole world, and men from all centuries, sites and religious conditions.

Trinity[/QUOTE]

I know this is an incredibly old thread but I came across this completely on accident(went to the end of the threads inadvertently) and I wanted to comment on this. We believe whatever names have not been done by the Second Coming of the Savior will be done during the thousand year reign of Christ on earth. By then all will know if we were right in doing what we are doing now, and if we aren't , it won't matter. By God, all things are possible . I just wanted to share that if anyone else happens by, you seemed to be having a far more cordial discussion than others I've seen

Grandma

Quote Originally Posted by childofgod View Post
    However upset these groups are, members will still do temple work for holocaust victims and deceased catholics as long as they are family. These two groups have no right, legally or morally, to deny people the chance to hear the gospel.
    Getting dunked in water for a dead person doesn't give a skeleton ears. Nor is it necessary to share the gospel with those who didn't follow Christ in this life.

Hebrews 9:27
    And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

2 Corinthians 5:10
    For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

In Christian love,

Grandma