Thread: How to Witness to Mormons

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by childofgod View Post
    And yet none of these "approaches" are effective when used on those of us who have a solid foundation in Christ. Sorry but these videos are nothing but ways to convince people to steer away from Jesus Christ

From the false mormon 'spirit-brother-of-satan' 'jesus' but NOT from the REAL Jesus

Default Mormon error not yet 'explained' from the BIBLE.

Originally Posted by Christian

From the false mormon 'spirit-brother-of-satan' 'jesus' but NOT from the REAL Jesus
    Already follow the real Jesus.
    Oh? I thought you were a mormon! Mormons follow the 'spirit-brother-of-satan' that 'jesus' that joey smith invented. I note that you STILL have not 'explained' that error of the mormon religion away yet.

Default He follows a false christ

I am a Mormon and I follow the real Jesus Christ of scripture, including the Bible. Nothing you can do to change that.

We are all children of God. That's not hard to understand.
    According to JESUS CHRIST (THE REAL ONE), that is NOT TRUE AT ALL.

According to JESUS some false religionists are children of someone else:

John 8:44-45
    44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.
    NKJV

Sorry, but UNTIL YOU CAN DEMONSTRATE that the BIBLICAL Jesus is a 'spirit-brother' of satan, you are chasing the wrong christ. NOT the Biblical Jesus Christ at all. HE CREATED satan, is not related at all to him. YOUR god is too small.

alanmolstad

I am a Mormon and I follow the real Jesus Christ of scripture, including the Bible. Nothing you can do to change that..
    I would never , ever want something i said to have any effect on you at all.

I dont believe we should go looking for guidance from strangers on the internet.

I hope to only enjoy myself here, dig deeper into my own views on religious matters, and answer any questions that people have about what i believe.

cog posted:

Originally Posted by Christian
    According to JESUS CHRIST (THE REAL ONE), that is NOT TRUE AT ALL.

According to JESUS some false religionists are children of someone else:

John 8:44-45
    44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.
    NKJV

Sorry, but UNTIL YOU CAN DEMONSTRATE that the BIBLICAL Jesus is a 'spirit-brother' of satan, you are chasing the wrong christ. NOT the Biblical Jesus Christ at all. HE CREATED satan

The Christ I follow was born to the virgin Mary, is the Son of God, is the Lord and Redeemer, and suffered so we can get back to God. If that's the false Christ then all of humanity is doomed.

All of humanity EXCEPT CHRISTIANS IS doomed. There is no way to get to heaven except through the REAL Jesus Christ.

Who do we belong to when we are born? If babies aren't ****ed, how are we not children of God?

We have all SINNED. Infants have not. Jesus said of infants and small children 'of such is the kingdom of heaven.'

I do not follow a made up person, I follow the only Jesus Christ there is.

Not according to the REAL Jesus. HE SAID:

Matt 24:24-25
    24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.
    NKJV

I repeat what I said before about your pride. You believe you're the only one right when,

I have never believed any such thing. What I believe is believed by virtually all of evangelical Christendom.

in fact, you've been wrong your whole life. Trinitarianism blocks people from the truth

Yet YOU are afraid to tell me what part of Trinitarianism you disagree with.

That
    The Father is God
    or
    that Jesus is God
    or
    that the Holy Ghost is God
    or
    that they are ONE GOD (Isaiah 43:10, 44:6, 44:8, etc etc etc)

And THAT my friend, IS TRINITARIANISM.

AND YOU SEEM TO AGREE WITH IT as you complain about it.

Heathen cultism such as Mormonism block people from the TRUTH. SATAN blocks people from the truth. THE WORD OF GOD (the BIBLE) leads people to FAITH in Jesus Christ.

Rom 10:17
    17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
    NKJV

The kid posted:

Pointed out the problem with the trinity theory, not doctrine or truth since it is neither, the problem posed by John 20 from the Savior Himself

You DID neither. You merely CLAIMED you did. There is NO 'problem' posed by John 20 despite YOUR EMPTY CLAIM. And you have shown NOTHING to be wrong with the TRINITY concept that:

The Father is God
    Jesus is God
    and
    the Holy Ghost is God
    and
    THEY ARE ONE GOD (Isaiah 43:10, 44:6, 44:8 etc etc etc, which YOU CANNOT SEEM TO ADDRESS INTELLIGENTLY AT ALL!)

and I did address the scriptures you listed albeit you listed them under a false interpretation. They're not 1 in substancer.

So you CLAIMED, but could find NOTHING in SCRIPTURE to support your theory.

and don't even try that John 10:30 reference. Neuter gender, not masculine for the "one". Means one in purpose, not substance.

John 10:30
    30 I and My Father are one."
    NKJV

If you were ever smart enough to LOOK UP THE GREEK WORD translated "one," THAT IS WHAT IT MEANS. Simply "one" a primary number. NOTHING MORE.

There is NOT ONE WORD THERE that says anything about substance or purpose. Your CULT has fed that dung to you.

Your ignorance of the Bible is demonstrated once again

I <snipped> the rest of your ignorant SPECULATIONS. Lunch calls, I have a lunch date with my wife so I will end this here.
    You are all BOGUS CLAIMS and empty rhetoric with nothing in the BIBLE to support your junk at all. That is why you never post SCRIPTURE, it would appear.

MickeyS

John 17

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21 That they all may be oneas thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

alanmolstad

You do remember my post was deleted right? .....
    Yes,we all sit around and think about that all night long.....

Default The crickets are STILL chirping on that one.

The kid posted:

You do remember my post was deleted right?

No. I do remember YOU SAID you had a post deleted. I don't believe I ever SAW the post or any evidence any post had been deleted.
    Then I made another post right after to explain why John 20 proves the trinity is false. Not my fault you wanted to ignore what you didn't want to see.

So far all I have SEEN is YOUR EMPTY CLAIMS that somehow John 20 proves that God is false. When I SEE any honest claim from you, I will respond to it properly.

If you were smart at all you'd know the way it was used makes a difference. Our grammar and that of the prophets and apostles are not the same.

So now you are apparently making excuses why John 20 DOESN'T contradict the Trinity, is that it? The English translations re-arrange the form and syntax to match today's form and syntax. YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE. John 20 says NOTHING that opposes the FACT of the Trinity concept:

The FACT that
    The Father is God
    Jesus is God
    and
    the Holy Spirit is God
    AND
    They are ONE GOD (Isaiah 43:20, 44:6, 44:8 etc etc etc)

So you don't believe they're one in substance?

Substance? Does a SPIRIT have Substance?

If not then you don't really believe in the trinity theory.

You mean the FACT that
    The Father is God
    Jesus is God
    and
    the Holy Spirit is God
    AND
    They are ONE GOD (Isaiah 43:20, 44:6, 44:8 etc etc etc)

THAT BIBLICAL FACT?

Why would anyone who truly understands the scriptures, by the Spirit of God, believe such a Satanic, Pagan philosophy has place in Christianity, that it would be used to describe God?

Why would anyone who truly understands the BIBLE BY HAVING READ IT could believe such dung, pagan philosophy as joey smith invented with his false christ, false god, and with joey himself (a false prophet) that HIS DUNG describes the God of the Bible that GOD DESCRIBED IN Isaiah 43:20, 44:6, 44:8 etc etc etc which says something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from joey's DUNG?

I'm glad I'm not a slave to that hellenistic doctrine. I stick with the truth as the Holy Ghost testifies of.

Instead you are a slave of joey smith's doctrine, led by evil spirits that 'testify' to you.

Your religion has nothing to do with the God of the Bible.

I don't speculate, I tell it like it is. I give the facts. Posted scripture before and you ignore it every time

That is a lie and you know it.

IF YOU CARE TO ADDRESS SCRIPTURE, THEN EXPLAIN
    Isaiah 43:20, 44:6, 44:8 etc etc etc in 'light' of your godlet being one of MANY real gods extant anywhere, your god popping out spirit babies that can become gods, etc.

The crickets are STILL chirping on that one!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyS View Post
    John 17

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21 That they all may be oneas thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Is this supposed to be a PROBLEM for us CHRISTIANS who believe that

The Father is God
    Jesus is God
    the Holy Ghost is God
    and
    They are ONE GOD (Isaiah 43:10, 44:6, 44:8 etc etc etc etc all of which YOU SEEM TO BE AFRAID TO ADDRESS?)

We CHRISTIANS are spiritually one, and the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are spiritually one.

I am not my wife (two CHRISTIANS) physically. Jesus is not His Father either.

BUT

My wife and I are ONE IN CHRIST, and Jesus is ONE WITH HIS FATHER AND THE HOLY GHOST.

Sorry if you 'spiritually DEAD folks' don't understand the scriptures.

MickeyS

If you were ever smart enough to LOOK UP THE GREEK WORD translated "one," THAT IS WHAT IT MEANS. Simply "one" a primary number. NOTHING MORE.
    John 10:30
    30 I and My Father are one."
    NKJV

John 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

MickeyS

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post

(Isaiah 43:10, 44:6, 44:8 etc etc etc etc all of which YOU SEEM TO BE AFRAID TO ADDRESS?)
    See - Thread: Mormons are 'christians. . .' they follow 'a' christ.