Quote Originally Posted by MickeyS View Post

Originally Posted by Christian

The unbroken authority of ALL CHRISTIANS to speak for and act for God. NOT for manmade 'authority'.
I'm curious...not trying to fight...as to what you believe about why Christ ordained men with priesthood authority if that wasn't supposed to be something we were supposed to do ever again? What was the purpose for that?

And also...what was the purpose of Christ being baptized if we weren't supposed to do that either? He didn't need to be baptized, He had no sin, the only reason I could see that He did that was a-because His Father commanded Him and b-to set an example for us to follow. So I really would like to know what you think about that, and where in the Bible it says what you believe.

Thanks~
Christ didn't 'ordain with priesthood authority.' That is joe smith's imaginary 'thing' Jesus ordained DISCIPLES and APOSTLES (those He SENT). EVERY CHRISTIAN EVERYWHERE has the authority of Christ's Royal Priesthood:

1 Peter 2:7-10
7 Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient,

"The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone,"

8 and

"A stone of stumbling
And a rock of offense."

They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed.

9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.
NKJV

We CHRISTIANS (not you mormons) have been proclaiming the praises of Jesus Christ for about 2,000 years now.

Mormonism hadn't been invented until just the last couple of centuries.