Thread: Joseph Smith's Motives

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post

Again--how did Abraham avoid Paul's condemnation, if what you testify to is true--IE--Abraham was an adulterer?

[
    adultery is not the "Unforgivable" sin ....

Abraham is covered and has an escape as we read at 1 Corinthians 6:9

"Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

"
    To be forgiven is to be as if you never sinned in the first place....

So when God says you are clean...its as if in His eyes you were never dirty in the first place...

But....

Abraham was a sinner,,,he sinned...he simply was not really good at a few things and it came back later to be a real problem for him and his Jewish children....(The whole Arab/Jew issue still is something that is always just short of destroying the world).
    So we can see that Abraham was forgive by God , and his sins were not held against him....

Yet....

yet the earthly effects of his sin of adultery do still remain as something that even to day, 1000s or years later we are still dealing with and are behind things like the 911 attack etc, etc, etc,,,....
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 08-27-2016 at 05:09 AM.

alanmolstad

so what Im saying is this...

Abraham was totally guilty of adultery...

(Look, we all know thats just the facts...We might nnot like it but thts just the way it is...)

I dont give a **** that his wife came up with the idea...that dont cut squat with me.

But that adultery is not the unforgivable sin...
    Again I dont give a rip what this or that verse says as to this or that being "un forgiven" in your eyes...

yes, people that "maintain" adultery are lost...
    we get that..

People that do all sorts of sins that never repent are lost,,,,thats just the way it is...

But that also is not the end of the story correct?....

For as sin is pointed out, it is not pointed out without an way to find life out ofit...

The Faith that i have is that you can be guilty of all kinds of sins and yet find forgiveness....

Thus, Abraham can find forgiveness just as Clinton can...and thats lucky too,,,because many in the church faithful are also guilty of this same sin that King David and Abraham were also guilty of....

sin abounds it is true, but where sin abounds, Grace also abounds...
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 08-26-2016 at 09:36 PM.

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View PostAgain--how did Abraham avoid Paul's condemnation, if what you testify to is true--IE--Abraham was an adulterer?

Galatians 5:19-21---King James Version (KJV)
    19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
    21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    adultery is not the "Unforgivable" sin ....
    I agree--please show us where Abraham repented.

Abraham is covered and has an escape as we read at 1 Corinthians 6:9 "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
    But if one believes Abraham was an adulterer--then that verse only serves to further convict Abraham.

In your view Abraham was an adulterer--how is Abraham exonerated from the condemnation those scriptures show against an adulterer?

If repentance--then please show us where Abraham repented of being an adulterer.