Thread: Evolution does not stand up to biblical scrutiny

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

genealogy .......now as for this topic:

During my 8-week YEC cl*** i attended taught to me by Ken Ham personally, Ken talked about how all the modern YEC books and websites all base their ideas on the work of Henry Morris.

And Ham also told me that Henry Morris taught that there are "gaps" in the listed genealogy that we find in the Bible.

But you can find out this stuff for yourself, just GOOGLE search for "Gap Genealogy in Bible" and you will see site after site of proof that when we read the lists of names in the Bible that we should NOT believe for a moment that this is the perfect listing...

http://www.reasons.org/articles/are-...al-genealogies
    The structure of the genealogies in Genesis 5 and 11 also favors the belief that they do not register all the names in these respective lines of descent.

""The general fact that the genealogies of Scripture were not constructed for a chronological purpose and lend themselves ill to employment as a basis for chronological calculations"

and here also is what I think it all comes down to -

"In a word, the Scriptural data leave us wholly without guidance in estimating the time which elapsed between the creation of the world and the deluge and between the deluge and the call of Abraham. So far as the Scripture ***ertions are concerned, we may suppose any length of time to have intervened between these events
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 03-07-2017 at 09:08 AM.