Thread: the issues.....computer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

the problems I talked about in this post continued until the company we get our internet from put up a tower closer to us.

the new system is great....we have faster internet now and e do not get bumped off.

What was happening before is that because we live so far from a town the signal is very weak, and this would cause us to get bumped-off when lots of people that have a stronger signal were on line.

Right now the tower is only about 3 miles away from our farm, and so the signal is very clear.

The other thing that is helping this website is that the owners have worked on the site to make it more safe from the spam attacks that are constantly attacking forums such as this.
    The website itself now is far less frustrating compared to what it was like a few years ago.
    Back then about 1/2 the posted comments were about all the other posts that got lost.
    many people used to have whole posts simply disappear.

I dont think i have seen anyone complain about that in a while here...
    When I took over as the MOD here one of the very first things I knew I had to start looking out for was that from now on it's up to me to make sure we dont have any spammers or seller programs get in the WM forum front door and start filling on the forum with ads to other websites.
    Im told that some spammers will register here just to try to post sales ads.

At first there were a few to clear....but as of late none at all, so the spam filters that the owner of our forum have running seem to be doing their *** good...
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 05-02-2017 at 08:14 PM.