Thread: Any heathen can start a religion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You mean like Calvin, Luther, John Smyth, Wycliffe, Tyndale, et al.. all of which were considered heretics in a their day. Only two types of religion can claim that they did not start their own. Ones with direct unbroken succession,(Orthodox Christianity) and those that claim a unbroken succession through restoration(Mormons). Meaning all of the Protestant Churches started because of a mortal man or woman.
    So like almost all your criticisms of the LDS Church, you only end up exposing your own false religion.
    If you insist on continuing using this loser of an argument based on nothing more than a worthless biased opinion, you might want to define the word “heathen”, “religion” who is considered the real founder of the Churches you are criticizing by the people in that religion, and you need to state your own religion.
    I know your childish antics never though that far ahead, however I ***ume you are like most “modern” Protestants which claim you do not belong to any religion.
    However that begs the question.... if you are OK with people starting a “Bible study group” or “congregation” based on their own unique interpretation of the Bible, why do you care if others do the same and call it a religion???
    Smells like jealousy to me...
    Last edited by theway; 07-02-2019 at 01:59 PM.