Thread: Christian-Muslim Relations. CCC 841;LG 16; NA3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Leslie

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    In the Jewish traditions. His father according to the story was an idols salesman.

http://www.chabad.org/library/articl...Early-Life.htm

Trinity
    Now where does it say that HE worshipped idols in the Bible? I'm not interested right now in Jewish stories and fables.

BTw, I'm not against the idea of God reaching a person via supernatural means. What I dispute is the notion that once he has he won't lead them to the knowledge of Christ via some way, wither it be an angel or a missionary etc.

Columcille

What exactly do you mean by the following quote?

BTw, I'm not against the idea of God reaching a person via supernatural means. What I dispute is the notion that once he has he won't lead them to the knowledge of Christ via some way, wither it be an angel or a missionary etc.
    Are a Mormon? Do you believe Christ came to the Native Americans and preached too? Balderdash. If such a supernatural event occured in any particular group, don't you think a tale of such events would have been handed down? As is, most cases do not show any evidence of a leading to Christ; although I am sure you are going to find miraculous events in almost any culture... even stories related to the Buddah for instance. If God were to show himself supernaturally, the people who saw it can still fall away or ignore the message. Judas is a prime example of a person who knew Jesus, saw supernatural events and heard him speak about himself as the Christ, yet he fell away. For the most part, I think it speculation to make the ***umption that your notion is a correct one. I see no evidence to suggest it in any culture.
    Last edited by Columcille; 11-29-2008 at 08:08 AM.