Thread: Is Jesus The Only Way To Know God?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    sayso

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post

Anyone who feels irritated by my posts or the posts of any other member in this forum is on the wrong track.

Trinity
    Who judges the heart to know which one is irritated or which one is not?

Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by sayso View Post
    Who judges the heart to know which one is irritated or which one is not?
    ...“You“...

sayso

...“You“...
    Trinity,

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. First you write that anyone (indicating me, since you were replying to my post) that is irritated by your post or that of someone else is on the wrong track. You have ***umed that because I disagree with other's posts or yours that I am irritated by those posts and accuse me of being off track.

Next when I ask you who is the judge of another's heart, then you accuse me of judging who is irritated while it is you who made the statement.

I probably can guarantee that I am not going to agree with every post regardless of who posts it. It doesn't bother me nor irritate me, I simply see it another way.

I am sorry that it bothers you for me to believe as I do. If you expect me to agree with everything that everyone posts I think that it is very unlikely, and that I am not going to meet your expectations.

Furthermore, this thread is in the Apologetics (Defending the Faith) forum.

Apologists are those known for taking on the points in arguments, conflicts or positions that are either placed under popular scrutinies or viewed under persecutory examinations. The term comes from the Greek word apologia (απολογία), meaning a speaking in defense.

The term Apologist applies especially to early Christian writers who took on the task of recommending their faith to outsiders.

What would you expect to see happening in the Apologetics forum?

Trinity

Hello Sayso,

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. First you write that anyone (indicating me, since you were replying to my post) that is irritated by your post or that of someone else is on the wrong track. You have ***umed that because I disagree with other's posts or yours that I am irritated by those posts and accuse me of being off track.

Next when I ask you who is the judge of another's heart, then you accuse me of judging who is irritated while it is you who made the statement.
    I had only commented an extract from your post and I did not want to point my finger in your direction. It was a general comment, good for you, for me, and for all.

After, you questioned me about who I think is well positioned to judge the heart, I said that it was you. This is your heart after all. Same thing with me. I have to observe my heart and the emotions produced by this center of the self, particularly the bad heart. The bad heart has this need to be tamed. He is wild. The good heart is inclined naturally to the kindness. We have two hearts. The good heart and the bad heart. The goal is the acquisition of a pure heart.

Hebrews 4:12
    For the word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are.

Until now I have a good opinion about you and I have no reason to change my mind.

Trinity

sayso

Hello Sayso,

I had only commented an extract from your post and I did not want to point my finger in your direction. It was a general comment, good for you, for me, and for all.

After, you questioned me about who I think is well positioned to judge the heart, I said that it was you. This is your heart after all. Same thing with me. I have to observe my heart and the emotions produced by this center of the self, particularly the bad heart. The bad heart has this need to be tamed. He is wild. The good heart is inclined naturally to the kindness. We have two hearts. The good heart and the bad heart. The goal is the acquisition of a pure heart.

Hebrews 4:12
    For the word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are.

Until now I have a good opinion about you and I have no reason to change my mind.

Trinity
    I am sorry that I misunderstood you Trinity, please forgive me.

Yes it is my heart but God says "the heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" Jeremiah 17:9

I would rather it be God who judges my heart. I don't trust myself. I, like David have learned to pray, Search me , O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there is any wicked or hurtful way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Thanks for explaining.

Trinity

I am sorry that I misunderstood you Trinity, please forgive me.

Yes it is my heart but God says "the heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" Jeremiah 17:9

I would rather it be God who judges my heart. I don't trust myself. I, like David have learned to pray, Search me , O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there is any wicked or hurtful way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Thanks for explaining.
    No problem sayso.

The bad heart is deceitful , but not the good heart. This is why we need to listen our emotions and motivations and discern between the bad heart and the good heart.

Matthew 22:37
    Jesus replied, "'You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.'

Even if he is twisted our bad heart is tamed to love God. This is our responsibility to love God with our full heart. The bad one who is tamed and the good one who is containing the spark of God into the human being.

It is impossible to love God with all our heart if we do not trust our heart. This is an important part of the spirituality to monitor our inner man.

A pure heart is a heart with no bad heart anymore. The good heart will ***imilated the bad heart to become a pure heart. God can not do this without our participation. This is why we have to monitor our negative emotions or bad motivations.

Matthew 5:8
    Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God.

Trinity
    Last edited by Trinity; 12-01-2008 at 06:49 PM.