Thread: Need help responding to a friend.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    GraftedIn73

Quote Originally Posted by JR View Post
    I have a friend who is a professed Christian but refuses to be baptised.

He says he is "spiritually baptised" and that the act of immersion into water itself is just a silly formality.

What should I tell him?
    Hi JR, Tell him that any bond-servant of the Lord of Life who scoffs at His commands is in danger of being found to be a pretender and to be counted among the wicked who will be cast into outer darkness.

"13And his servants came near, and spake unto him, and said, My father, if the prophet had bid thee do some great thing, wouldest thou not have done it? how much rather then, when he saith to thee, Wash, and be clean?
    14Then went he down, and dipped himself seven times in Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God: and his flesh came again like unto the flesh of a little child, and he was clean." 2 Kings 5:13-14

Jesus Christ hung on a tree and suffered the scorn and mocking of men as He was paying the penalty for our debts. How can we, who have been given such a rich gift, question the clear commands of the One who freely gave us that gift.

In the p***age above, Naaman came to his senses and received the gift of the Lord with gratefulness. Let's pray that your friend does the same.

GI73
    Last edited by GraftedIn73; 07-19-2009 at 11:13 PM. Reason: changed word to commands