RGS,

You wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by RGS View Post
Nothing was quoted out of context.
Yes, it was.

You're not a god yet (and never will be), and just because you say it doesn't make it true.
1) What I say is much more likely to be true than what you say. That is for two reasons: 1) anti-Catholics are more likely to post falsehoods if it advances their cause, and 2) anti-Catholics are less likely to get things right because they care little about the truth.

There's no need to quote that part of a text that is irrelevant to the discussion.
It is relevant. After all the rest of the context of that section and the other quotes from St. Athanasius show what he meant - and what he meant is NOT what you claim.

It is irrelevant that Athanasius (and he is not a saint) was quoted.

1) It is VERY relevant that he was quoted. If he wasn't quoted then the quote would not have appeared at all.

2) He is a saint. He is perfected. You're not.

What is relevant is that the RCC teaches the same heresy that Athanasius taught.
There was no heresy. There was only your dishonest attempt to twist what Athanasius clearly meant according to the context of his writings.

The three Scriptures quoted here do not teach that a man will become God.
Neither did Athanasius - when you read what he wrote in the proper context.

God has already spoken on this issue in numerous places, one of which is Isaiah 43:10 ..."before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me."
And that has nothing to do with what we're talking about since St. Athanasius wasn't claiming what you falsely claim he did.

Conclusion is that the RCC is wrong, as are the health & wealthers, as is Athanasius, as is the LDS, as is Vlad. Men will not become God. Isaiah 48:11 ..."I will not give my glory unto another."
BWA HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Your conclusion is meaningless. 1) You're objectively wrong as every scholar - including every Protestant scholar of any repute - knows. They know what St. Athanasius meant. 2) Anti-Catholics, who routinely post falsehoods and make ridiculous errors, are in no position to conclude anything about the Catholic Church.

And thank you for quoting Athanasius, but why would anyone be interested in the ramblings of a heretic?
Maybe that's why so few people take note of your posts?