In verses 53-59, Jesus said to them,
"53Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
57As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
58This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

59He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum."

Christ continues to reinforce everything He has said since verse 26. He continues to make the comparison of consuming bread made by human hands as only being temporary (temporal), and referring to Himself as the bread that came down from heaven (spiritual). In verse 54, His switch from
His usage of eat/esthio to eat/trogo is of little consequence. I know that RCC dogma tries to make a big deal of trogo to have a mastigating connotation - as if that is of some import - rather than a simple chewing. Simple fact is, some lexicons of that period show that esthio and trogo are identical in meaning and one can be subs***uted for the other with no change in the meaning. In fact, most of the lexicons I researched did not even use the definition of mastigate, but rather indicated that it was the chewing function of herbivorous animals, including man.

The most important point of trogo, however, is the total contradiction and hypocrisy that it exposes in the RCC when they try to use it to support their doctrine of the false eucharist. Having been a Catholic myself in the past, I am privy to many things first hand that others are not. And it is also why I can see right through the other hypocritical rantings of the Jesuits on this site. (I am not accusing Tealblue of being a Jesuit). Catholics are taught never to chew the wafer god, do not even put your teeth to it. It would be disrespectful and repugnant to bite a god. But it is okay for them to falsely exegete a p***age and claim that Christ is teaching us to really chew out and chop down big time so that you can eat flesh. The RCC is a monster of hypocrisy! "Oh, it is a bloodless sacrifice," they will tell you. Blashphemy! Blashphemy! Christ died a torturous and bloody death as payment for your sins and mine. It was anything but a bloodless sacrifice!

In verse 60, On hearing it, many of his disciples said, "Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?"They continue in their unbelief and, therefore, are unable to understand. Just as you are not able to understand, Tealblue, you do not believe in Christ and His teachings. You believe in the RCC.

In verses 61-63, Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, [Yahoshua] said to them,

61When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
62What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
63It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Christ continues, yet another time, to stress that He is speaking spiritually about eating His flesh, not physically. He stresses that eating His flesh means that you are taking Him and His teaching into your spirit so that you may receive eternal life.

There it is Tealblue. For the last time and screaming off the pages of Scripture, right in your face.

Verse 63: THE WORDS THAT I SPEAK UNTO YOU, THEY ARE SPIRIT, AND THEY ARE LIFE.

There it is, as plain as day. Christ is talking spiritually about Himself and His teachings, He is not teaching cannibalism. He is not even teaching communion.

Tealblue, I have started a new thread on this subject, with explanations that have not been covered in this thread.