Quote Originally Posted by GateKeeper View Post

As for eternal life, I believe what Christ accomplished extends beyond our religious ideologies, and our personal beliefs (He is our salvation - None come to the father but through Him). I don't think it necessary to believe in the man Jesus however, but rather to have an indwelling of the Spirit/light/Word that He manifest....
John 17

1 WHEN JESUS had spoken these things, He lifted up His eyes to heaven and said, Father, the hour has come. Glorify and exalt and honor and magnify Your Son, so that Your Son may glorify and extol and honor and magnify You.

2 [Just as] You have granted Him power and authority over all flesh (all humankind), [now glorify Him] so that He may give eternal life to all whom You have given Him.

3 And this is eternal life: [it means] to know (to perceive, recognize, become acquainted with, and understand) You, the only true and real God, and [likewise] to know Him, Jesus [as the] Christ (the Anointed One, the Messiah), Whom You have sent.

It isn't anyone's ideology. It is what Jesus taught. We can no more accept Jesus as our teacher while denying His message than our president could deny the message of Rev. Jeremiah Wright while still accepting him as his teacher. That is why he denounced the Rev. Wright. So that he could gain people's favor and thus win the election.

Quote Originally Posted by GateKeeper View Post
We can attain the kingdom right here on earth [At least in part]. After death, I think we are granted access to the fullness of the kingdom, which [is] the unknown. It starts here with us, and within us. I was just thinking last night as I was drifting off to sleep - that the more each individual attains degree's of the "Kingdom condition" a little better does the world get.

It starts with us, right here on earth - Like a snowball, as each individual attains a Kingdom mindest, (Seek ye first the Kingdom of God) God's kingdom on earth increases. One day, I believe that the earth will be filled with God's children - Those who live and die for His purpose. I always want to go back to the Lords prayer - It is a beautiful prayer and it is quite telling of what is to come to p*** [imo]

"Our Father which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, they will be done on earth as it is is heaven"

GK

• 2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will p*** away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.
  • Revelation 21:1
    Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth p***ed away, and there is no longer any sea.

Seems to me that it would be a waste of time trying to regenerate this world and remake it into God's Kingdom since God/Jesus said it is p***ing away and that it and it's works will be burned up. Then there will be a "new" earth.

Our purpose is not to build His Kingdom right here on earth.

Our purpose is to know God and the One He sent.
This is the second part of our purpose.

Matthew 28

19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Am I ***ured of my salvation?

Romans 8

10 If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness.

11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,

17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.

18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,

39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

You betcha!