Thread: Elkenah, Libnah, Mahmackrah and Korash ...Really?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    HopefulSaint

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Chrsitianity is difficult because it is real.
    What about being in your version of Christianity do you find so difficult?
    Is it the part where you feel you have to believe in Trinitarianism even though it makes no sense--is that the difficult part?

Or is it obeying Jesus' commandment about how you should treat others--is that the difficult part (***uming the version you follow believes that such a commandment exists)?

If not those, then what parts DO you feel are so difficult?

jdjhere

We are more interested in an actual answer to post #1 than you asking more questions, HopefulSaint. Thanks.

BrianH

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulSaint View Post
    What about being in your version of Christianity do you find so difficult?

Is it the part where you feel you have to believe in Trinitarianism even though it makes no sense--is that the difficult part?

Or is it obeying Jesus' commandment about how you should treat others--is that the difficult part (***uming the version you follow believes that such a commandment exists)?

If not those, then what parts DO you feel are so difficult?
    You ignored the rest of what I said. Furthermore, while I appreciate your need to change the subject, I was not talking to you and so I owe you no response to this attempted distraction. I am being nice to even respond.

Now, if you would like to shatter the Mormon mold and try to actually address the topic of this thread for once, I might be willing to see what you have to say. Please show us some reason to think that the entire body of Egyptian literatrue and lore should be re-writen to accommodate the uniqe and as-yet-unfounded claims of your so-called "prophet".

-BH

HopefulSaint

You made an ***ertion, in this thread, and I was just wondering if you were able to explain why you think the way you do.

Originally Posted by BrianH
    Chrsitianity is difficult because it is real.
    If you thought you could throw out ***ertions and be immune to having them questioned, then maybe you are in the wrong forum.

BrianH

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulSaint View Post
    You made an ***ertion, in this thread, and I was just wondering if you were able to explain why you think the way you do.

If you thought you could throw out ***ertions and be immune to having them questioned, then maybe you are in the wrong forum.
    If you thought you could isolate a clause from a post not addressed to you and use it to deflect and disrupt the thread, you are on the wrong planet.

In fact, I would have thought that you would have learned a LOOOOONG time ago that these Mormon antics of yours do not work on non-Mormons. The topic of this thread is Smith's rather obvious deception as exhibited in his totally mis-identifying four well-known Egyptian idols.

You yourself know you have no means to even begin to refute the facts that prove your so-called "prophet" was a total fraud. That's why you are forced by your "faith" in him to try to cover up your inability to defend his fraudulent claims.

-BH

Smile

First to address HopefulSaint's question about the statement "Christianity is hard because it is real": actually Jesus is the one who said "with men it is impossible." The reason is that to become holy as God is holy cannot be attained by natural efforts. It takes the power of God with the infilling of the Holy Spirit to become holy (i.e. become a saint). Holiness must be real, it cannot be just a theory or concept, just as eternal punishment is real, and the lake of fire is a very real result of sin. So if you read the Bible enough to become familiar with it, you will see that the statement measures up to its teachings.

In regard to the Book of Abraham, a simple and cursory reading of chapter 1 reveals inconsistencies with truth as portrayed in the Bible and in history and archaeology. For example, Smith is apparently under the presumption that Egypt and Chaldea are one-and-the-same nation, or that Chaldea was being ruled by the Pharaoh at that time. There is apparently no truth in this, since none of the current archaeological or historical findings agree with this idea, in addition to it being contrary to the ***umptions in the scripture concerning the relationship of those nations at that time. Even if we stretch the imagination to presume that a Pharaoh ruled Chaldea at that time, it is ridiculous to suggest that the people of Chaldea would have mourned for an Egyptian priest of an Egyptian god (even if it were Ra or Aton or whatever the name). It seems reasonable that if Smith was going to invent a "Book of Abraham" from Egyptian heiroglyphics, he had to invent some major connection between Egypt and Chaldea.

Many other evidences can be shown that the Book of Abraham is a fabrication. It reads in style like many of the cultic pseudoepigraphal writings, and one of the obvious fabrications is the statement "refer to the commencement..." which means essentially "the drawing is in the appendix." Such format is foreign to ancient m****cripts. It is written in King James style English as a strategy to authenticate it as a "holy writing" to unknowledgeable people.

When the proverbial skirts of Joseph Smith are lifted, Mormons are afraid to look at his nakedness, because it would tell them that all their efforts for salvation up to this point are null and void. One can only hope that God would grant openness of mind and heart to them so that they could repent of their deception from following "The Prophet", and follow the true Shepherd and Guardian of souls, who is explained only in the Holy Bible, and not in the Book of Mormon or the Book of Abraham or any other Mormon writing.
    Last edited by tdidymas; 08-10-2011 at 11:18 PM. Reason: word connotation

BrianH

Well said, TD. Thank you.

-BH